Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Longwell former All-Time Leading Scorer "honored and humbled" to be entering Packers HOF (2018)

Ryan Longwell former All-Time Leading Scorer "honored and humbled" to be entering Packers HOF (2018)

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...1-7bef060662e3

First miss set up Ryan Longwell's great career
    Green Bay's former all-time leading scorer "honored and humbled" to be entering Packers Hall of Fame

Posted Dec 12, 2017

Mike Spofford packers.com senior writer @MikeSpofford

" ... Longwell put together such an impressive career, which began with nine seasons in Green Bay from 1997-2005, when he set a bunch of franchise scoring records...."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

His honorary dinner should be held at Applebee's

How does Ryan feel about the 2 for $20 menu?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Keeping it CLASSY and Packerrats.com.

** Ryan Longwell was acquired by the Green Bay Packers off waivers from the San Francisco 49ers in 1997.

** Longwell spent his first 9 seasons playing for the Packers, and scored over 120 points during 6 of those seasons.

** By the end of his 7th season in Green Bay, Ryan Longwell had passed Hall of Famer Don Hutson to become the Packers all-time leading scorer.

** Mason Crosby has since passed him but Ryan Longwell remains second on Green Bay’s all-time scoring list.

Ryan Longwell is a very deserving soon to become a Green Bay Packer HOFer.

Congratulations Ryan Longwell from a nearly SIX Decade Green Bay Packer Fan.

woodbuck27 (Bert Bosch in the Pro Pickem)
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Somehow that whole Applebees situation has been blown way out of proportion. I too congratulate Ryan and "welcome home".

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Somehow that whole Applebees situation has been blown way out of proportion. I too congratulate Ryan and "welcome home".
    Congratulations for having some decent common sense and manners and class.

Appropriately this Forum is called Packer..RATS not to ever be confused with anything even resembling Packer Angels.

I spent the first 25 years of my life in small town Wisconsin and Iowa. The biggest restaurants were Applebees and Village Inn and Perkins. I then moved to the San Francisco Bay area, and the first thing I noticed was all the different food options. I don't blame the guy for being excited about the food choices. I'm pretty sure my first year here was just a world tour of foods I've never eaten before.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

It's not that Applebees sucks, because it does. It's that he was an asshole on his way out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

http://www.startribune.com/randball-...vre/352240391/

RandBall Q&A: Ryan Longwell on Packers/Vikings and Brett Favre

By Michael Rand NOVEMBER 20, 2015 — 11:10AM

RB asks many questions in this Interview )please click the LINK for the rest) but there was this one:

RB: " The Packers are unveiling Favre’s retired number on Thanksgiving at Lambeau. What do you think that moment will be like after all that happened?

RL: I think it will be great. I really do. I was with Brett this summer when they put him in the Packers Hall of Fame. The ovation he got at Lambeau and the fact that 70,000 people showed up for him to speak and stayed there until 10:30 when his speech was over, I think time heals all. The fans appreciate everything he did for that organization and what he did over his career. I think it will be a great day and great event. Brett deserves it. He really does. He can breathe life into an organization, which is exactly what he did in Green Bay, which was down in the dumps. I’d argue he did the same thing for the Vikings in 2009, giving fans a reason to cheer. He’s infectious that way, and I think it will be a great day. ..."

Comment woodbuck27:

Ryan Longwell is an articulate Guy.

Ryan Longwell certainly was excellent as our Kicker for so long. He was generally $Money$. I'm very happy for him that he's becoming one of the 2018 Class of Packer Hall Of Famers along with another Packer Great OLman RT Mark Tauscher an a key member of IMO one of the very best Offensive Lines I've enjoyed perform in my 6 Decades as a Packer fan.

Ryan Longwell and Packers HOFER.This is a certain well deserved honor.

CONGRATULATIONS Ryan Longwell. You were a beauty in the Green and Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    It's not that Applebees sucks, because it does. It's that he was an asshole on his way out the door.

Sour (blank) !

What exactly did he say/do on the way out the door? I can't remember....

What exactly did he say/do on the way out the door? I can't remember....
    I guess people were insulted when he said there was more to do in Minneapolis than Green Bay and indicated Applebee’s was the best you could do there or something to that effect. I thought it was pretty tame given he was a Packer HOF caliber player and was unceremoniously given the heave ho while still a pretty good kicker. I guess they felt a mil or whatever it was off the cap was a higher priority. I personally give kickers and punters more of a priority than a lot of fans. Drafting a punter or kicker in the 3rd round, not so much but a 6th or 7th for someone good to me is worth it, as is paying a bit more for quality at those two positions.

Its a story of betrayal and hypocrisy.

And its a dumb one.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Nobody leaves Applebee's happy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Girl I dated in college worked at Applebee's, or, in her vernacular: "Applesnatch".

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Girl I dated in college worked at Applebee's, or, in her vernacular: "Applesnatch".
    Ah, the retort possibilities are endless, but all bad. Use your imagination.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Ah, the retort possibilities are endless, but all bad. Use your imagination.
    Why exercise restraint now?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Sounds pretty tasty to me.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Sounds pretty tasty to me.
    It all fits my terrible theory that restaurants serve a secondary, yet vitally important purpose of hooking up hostesses and cocktail waitresses with sugar daddies.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Coach couldn't help by cry after they put the team picture up on the wall, over the top of the generic team photo that came with the frame.