I get the passed over and I get the guy with the lesser title got the job and the hurt feelings.

But leaving doesn't provide him with more of an opportunity to prove himself. He would get to be uber personnel guy under Guteus Maximus including college scouting which is not his specialty. Oakland has McKenzie and his existing VPs plus the guys Gruden if bringing in. The Browns would be at best a lateral move and maybe if you turn it around you look like a genius.

I buy that Wolf set the pro personnel board up and Ted rarely looked at it more than once. He didn't trade much and his FA forays were when he had a lot of openings (or a gigantic hole) which mostly did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
I was listeing the Packer best guy again today, who really was convinced MM and TT were at odds in terms of free agency and vet players to occasionally bring in

He also noted how Eliott Wolf was in charge the NFL Draft Board, so to speak of available free agenty....and the best guys who weren't on teams after the season....etc....but his lists rarely got used

They feel its near set in stone Wolf is not coming back.

Noted how a couple years ago Detroit was very interested in Wolf as a GM but GB denied the interview

Then two years later they pass him over for a guy who, title wise is below him

It's time for Eliott Wolf to go elsewhere