Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Seahawks dumped Tom Cable, who was less popular in Seattle than James Campen during the worst of the O line years.

Mina Kimes @minakimes
    seahawks twitter looks like the ewok celebration scene right now
    lol.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ben McAdoo needs to take a year off to think about what he allowed to happen in New York this Season

McAdoo needs to maybe take a year off for some instruction in ZEN or it's equivalent.
    I'm all for MN hiring McAdoo for their OC.

RISE @RISEtoWIN
    RISE welcomes former longtime NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue to our Board of Directors: http://bit.ly/2Btb939

They are already better run than the NFL.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So what is Mike McCarthy missing that he could acquire to make himself a better coach, as he is an already very good one?

The ability to adjust on the fly: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...cid=538twitter

FiveThirtyEight @FiveThirtyEight
    Instead of forcing Foles to play like Wentz, Philly changed what it asked of its QB and receivers.

McCarthy did do some of this with Hundley, there were a lot of WR screens, but when dropping back it looked like TD then check down but with a QB who could not buy time effectively.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    So what is Mike McCarthy missing that he could acquire to make himself a better coach, as he is an already very good one?

The ability to adjust on the fly: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...cid=538twitter

FiveThirtyEight @FiveThirtyEight
    Instead of forcing Foles to play like Wentz, Philly changed what it asked of its QB and receivers.

McCarthy did do some of this with Hundley, there were a lot of WR screens, but when dropping back it looked like TD then check down but with a QB who could not buy time effectively.
    This is only partly true. The reason Philly carved up Minnesota was that Foles made all the throws, including deep passes. Hundley only did that on a few passes, and mostly in the Pittsburgh game.I don't think the buying time was so much the problem as lack of accuracy. I'm not including the final two games.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is only partly true. The reason Philly carved up Minnesota was that Foles made all the throws, including deep passes. Hundley only did that on a few passes, and mostly in the Pittsburgh game.I don't think the buying time was so much the problem as lack of accuracy. I'm not including the final two games.
    I'm not sure expecting him to beat Minnesota is the correct standard, although those games were closer than they had any right to be score wise.

No doubt he was inaccurate, but as always there are distances somewhere between a WR screen 2 yards behind the LOS and a 25 yard throw down the seam. Hundley did seem OK throwing to the intermediate middle. But his inability to get set in the pocket after he noticed the pass rush helped his inaccuracy.

I'm not sure expecting him to beat Minnesota is the correct standard, although those games were closer than they had any right to be score wise.

No doubt he was inaccurate, but as always there are distances somewhere between a WR screen 2 yards behind the LOS and a 25 yard throw down the seam. Hundley did seem OK throwing to the intermediate middle. But his inability to get set in the pocket after he noticed the pass rush helped his inaccuracy.
    I meant I wasn't counting the last two games against Hundley (or at all) because they were clearly handled differently due to the playoff picture. Can't draw an accurate picture of Hundley from those games.

I think he was both inaccurate 10-20 yards downfield and had trouble finding the open (open for GB) receivers.

But the larger point is that I don't see him having the same ability as Foles (best to best) so that modifying the game plan to fit Hundley just doesn't leave enough options to beat decent teams. more importantly, whatever adjustment Philly made, Foles still made all the throws. From my recollection of the game, they did run their short offense to perfection, but I think it would have bogged down with a lesser performance from Foles - and that Foles performance was far better than anything Hundley could muster this year.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Chiefs trading Alex Smith to Redskins. Where does Kirk Cousins end up?

SportsCenter @SportsCenter
    Alex Smith has agreed in principle to a 4-year, $94 million extension, $71 million guaranteed with the Redskins. (via @mortreport and @AdamSchefter)

Rodgers is going to get either an entire SE Asia country's GNP OR the more reasonable deal with the entire thing guaranteed.

Alex Smith has agreed in principle to a 4-year, $94 million extension, $71 million guaranteed with the Redskins. (via @mortreport and @AdamSchefter)

Rodgers is going to get either an entire SE Asia country's GNP OR the more reasonable deal with the entire thing guaranteed.
    Imagine the fallout if he acquired the Marshall Islands!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    All that frogskins for a game manager?

Smith and Bradford have received awholelotta money for doing nothing extraordinary. But more power to them for exploiting the pig owners.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Imagine the fallout if he acquired the Marshall Islands!
    Lol

There will be nothing atoll left under the salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Lol

There will be nothing atoll left under the salary cap.
    that's what Marsahall's girlfriend said.

Next stop, no punting at all. Analytics firm in the NFL business.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/s...-bowl-lii.html

Edj’s data indicates that the rest of the league treats fourth-down calls as a novelty, going for it mainly toward the latter stages of a game out of desperation, but the Eagles have shown unrivaled aggressiveness. Not so much in their frequency of attempts (26, second in the league to Green Bay’s 28) or their success (65.4 percent conversion rate, third behind New Orleans and Jacksonville), but in their timing. Of their 26 attempts, 11 came before halftime.

^^^

"When you have a lockdown defense like the Packers, that leads the league in 3-and-outs, there's no reason not to increase the 4th down attempts!"

"When you have a terrible defense like the Packers, who never stops anyone, and a QB who is in total command of your offense, you'd be crazy not to go for it on more fourth and shorts"

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Chiefs trading Alex Smith to Redskins. Where does Kirk Cousins end up?
    The question is, is Alex Smith a better QB than Cousins? I'd say yes. They probably would have had to pay Cousins about the same money.

I'd guess the most likely spot for Cousins to end up is Kansas City. I doubt they want to play with Mahomes and/or a first round draft pick starting.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'd guess the most likely spot for Cousins to end up is Kansas City. I doubt they want to play with Mahomes and/or a first round draft pick starting.
    wtf?

tex, have someone bump into you. Your brain's needle is stuck in a groove.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The question is, is Alex Smith a better QB than Cousins? I'd say yes. They probably would have had to pay Cousins about the same money.

The cap can always be cooked, but the Chiefs are gonna have to do alotta cooking to fit Captain Kirk and his titanic contract under their cap. Thanks to Dorsey, KC is in the dreaded cap hell. That's why they're getting rid of A-Smith, the epitome of game manager.

Don't be surprised to see Dorsey overpay Captain Kirk. Rand's a Star Trek fan, as well as a closeted Browns fan, so he'd be jolly.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'm going with Denver. They are an absolute mess at QB. I don't think he'd want to go to the Jets or Cleveland, because why bother? MN I think is going to go with Keenum or Bridgewater. So that leaves Denver as the team with the biggest QB team where it can be turned around in a hurry. They don't have the cap space that the others do, but I think they would make the contract work.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!