Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is only partly true. The reason Philly carved up Minnesota was that Foles made all the throws, including deep passes. Hundley only did that on a few passes, and mostly in the Pittsburgh game.I don't think the buying time was so much the problem as lack of accuracy. I'm not including the final two games.
    I'm not sure expecting him to beat Minnesota is the correct standard, although those games were closer than they had any right to be score wise.

No doubt he was inaccurate, but as always there are distances somewhere between a WR screen 2 yards behind the LOS and a 25 yard throw down the seam. Hundley did seem OK throwing to the intermediate middle. But his inability to get set in the pocket after he noticed the pass rush helped his inaccuracy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I'm not sure expecting him to beat Minnesota is the correct standard, although those games were closer than they had any right to be score wise.

No doubt he was inaccurate, but as always there are distances somewhere between a WR screen 2 yards behind the LOS and a 25 yard throw down the seam. Hundley did seem OK throwing to the intermediate middle. But his inability to get set in the pocket after he noticed the pass rush helped his inaccuracy.
    I meant I wasn't counting the last two games against Hundley (or at all) because they were clearly handled differently due to the playoff picture. Can't draw an accurate picture of Hundley from those games.

I think he was both inaccurate 10-20 yards downfield and had trouble finding the open (open for GB) receivers.

But the larger point is that I don't see him having the same ability as Foles (best to best) so that modifying the game plan to fit Hundley just doesn't leave enough options to beat decent teams. more importantly, whatever adjustment Philly made, Foles still made all the throws. From my recollection of the game, they did run their short offense to perfection, but I think it would have bogged down with a lesser performance from Foles - and that Foles performance was far better than anything Hundley could muster this year.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck