Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    S'up Ras. What's up with the Queens' perpetual turnovers at the QB position? Stick with Keenum a bit longer and he could've morphed into a more accurate Tarkenton. Plus, the dude was the only QB in Queens history willing to lead the gay SKOL cheer. Favre would never do it. Ditto, Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Christian Ponder, George(?) Webb, Bridgewater, Bradford, Brooks Bollinger, Brad Johnson, and not even Daunte Culpepper.

To paraphrase Passenger: You only know you've been high when you're feeling low/Only hate the road when you're missing home/Only know you love Keenum when you let him go.

And you let him go
    I wish him well, seems like a good guy.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I wish him well, seems like a good guy.
    ESPN is reporting that the Queens will indeed sign Captian Kirk. 3 years at $84, all guaranteed.

Hopefully that contract handicaps the Queens' ability to retain that overrated D.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    ESPN is reporting that the Queens will indeed sign Captian Kirk. 3 years at $84, all guaranteed.

Hopefully that contract handicaps the Queens' ability to retain that overrated D.
    wow. so that's what...5 straight years he's been fully guaranteed? #BANK. now he's in the history books for the first fully guaranteed multi-year deal in the nfl cap era.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    wow. so that's what...5 straight years he's been fully guaranteed? #BANK. now he's in the history books for the first fully guaranteed multi-year deal in the nfl cap era.
    That is how you play the system

And it’s why no player should ever bitch about the franchise tag being slapped on them

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

And it’s why no player should ever bitch about the franchise tag being slapped on them
    Disagree. Football is a violent game. The next time a player gets tackled, it could be his last; happened to J-Mike, unfortunately. The tag isn't exactly the minimum-wage, but pretty sure the majority of the players desire to play under multi-year, preferably guaranteed, contracts with protections against injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Not sure if Captain Kirk is an elite QB, but he sure is being paid like one.