Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    He probably should have asked about that before he "took" the job and starting hiring staff.
    Could have been a new development. There was some read between the lines talk of it on NFL network or ESPN today. I can't remember which as I have them both on sometimes in the background while doing paperwork at home. Not saying what he did wasn't a d.bag move. But Luck being worse than anyone has let on is a big development if true.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    NEWS Flash :

Josh McDaniels has gotten cold feet with Indy and will remain as OC for the NE Patriots.

More

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

È In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with Josh McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice him to remain in New England, per sources. Bill Belichick has his OC back. È

4:39 PM - 6 Feb 2018
    one of the most chickenshit moves in pro sports history

he just completely dicked over the colts

no respect at all for the guy

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If it was as easy as utilizing a system, everybody would win the Super Bowl every year!
    It is certainly easier with an elite QB. But the Eggles won it with a backup QB while utilizing Belichickism, so an elite QB is preferred but not required. (Wentz did look pretty elite during the 10 minutes I watched him play on the tube.)
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

You know, the Colts should be thanking their lucky stars that maggot backed out. He’s got a proven history of scumbaggeryand this bush league stunt just reinforces that. Think about what a mess he would have made of their team after two or three years. How long did it take Denver to recover after he messed them up?

Let me pose a hypothesis. An NFL team “talks” to a players agent before free agency opens. They have a wink wink nod deal. Player starts looking for property, then the team declines. Is the NFL team a bunch of scumbags?

Who the fuck let McDaniels hire coaches before he had a contract? That guy/group of guys is fully to blame IMO. Who schedules a press conference before there’s a signed contract. How about don’t be a moron? He has every right to change his mind if he’s not yet signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Let me pose a hypothesis. An NFL team “talks” to a players agent before free agency opens. They have a wink wink nod deal. Player starts looking for property, then the team declines. Is the NFL team a bunch of scumbags?

Who the fuck let McDaniels hire coaches before he had a contract? That guy/group of guys is fully to blame IMO. Who schedules a press conference before there’s a signed contract. How about don’t be a moron? He has every right to change his mind if he’s not yet signed.
    I think you are absolutely correct about the Colts. Plus, it may be that they made their announcement and scheduled the presser to put pressure on McDaniels knowing that the Pats were talking to him.

I subscribe to the theory that they all suck.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

It works like this in the playoffs all the time. McDaniels was restricted by League rules about when he could sign and announce.

The team went ahead and presumably (dangerous I know but I bet that is what happened here) signed his preferred coaches to lock them up before they landed elsewhere because they were not restricted.

It was a handshake agreement without a signature, as his agent made clear when he dumped McDaniels. It wasn't the unofficial part that was weird, it was backing out after coming to terms, agreeing, and hiring coaches.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It's buyer beware in my opinion. He shouldn't have hired coaches if there was a chance he wasn't going to take the job, but he was allowed to by short sighted people.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    It's buyer beware in my opinion. He shouldn't have hired coaches if there was a chance he wasn't going to take the job, but he was allowed to by short sighted people.
    He was allowed to by people who probably felt the team would be at a disadvantage if they waited until after the Super Bowl to start hiring a coaching staff. They should probably put a freeze on hiring coaches until after the Super Bowl, although that would necessitate other changes, such as moving the Combine to a later date.

There is a reason why this is so notable. Same with Belichick resigning the Jets job. It doesn't happen that often. These jobs are coveted.

Should people have been aware it could happen? OK. But it almost never happens. You get conditioned to expect the handshake to hold and the timing of other signings wasn't unusual. There have been times when a certain assistant coach signs before a head coach and it becomes a confirmation that a certain head coach will be on his way shortly.

I do think Kraft deliberately tried to screw them over. I bet he delighted in that. It may not have been the original impetus, but I bet it made it more fun.

As it happens, I think the Colts got a better coach. I didn't trust McDaniels before this.
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-15-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The bottom line is that McAsshole's handshake should be avoided as his hands are smeared in bull shit.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm sure all of our opinions will bother him as he cashes his huge checks and they go to the Superb owl again in 2018.

Hue Jackson just isn’t very bright on the personnel front. AJ McCarron is now a free agent. Hue is also kinda blind to long term strategy. Can’t blame him entirely as he probably expected to be fired at the end of the season.

Evan Silva
    Just 8 regular season games ago, Hue Jackson tried to backdoor a trade for AJ McCarron offering 2nd- & 3rd-round picks for the now-free agent QB.

But on that dark, lonely Halloween night, a brazen Sashi Brown fell on the sword to halt the trade for the good of the #Browns organization, sacrificing himself to save the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    one of the most chickenshit moves in pro sports history

he just completely dicked over the colts

no respect at all for the guy
    I agree that it certainly doesn't appear that he has a load of self confidence.

It better work now in NE as he might have cooked his goose elsewhere.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jack Lambert was a bastard. I know you all wanted a reminder this week. Also look how much has changed in the game. Cheap sideline shot, whining to the refs, protecting the QB. Hardly recognize the game anymore.

I would laugh even harder if these guys hadn't been in the AFC Championship Game.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Jaguars and QB Blake Bortles agreed on a 3-year new contract worth $54M that covers the 5th year option and two additional years, I’m told. He was under contract for 2018 at $19M.

Jesus, he's arguably the worst starter in the league and he gets almost $20/year...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jack Lambert was a bastard. I know you all wanted a reminder this week. Also look how much has changed in the game. Cheap sideline shot, whining to the refs, protecting the QB. Hardly recognize the game anymore.

Rutigliano's rug looks like it spent some time in a shine box. 1:21 or thereabouts.

rumour at the combine is that the queens are gonna go after cousins

good player, not great, not worth the money he is about to get (it will be just slightly under a-rod)

but it could be all the queens need, unless he eats up so much cap that they have to start taking away talent on D

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I'm sure all of our opinions will bother him as he cashes his huge checks and they go to the Superb owl again in 2018.
    I'm sure I don't give a crap if my opinion bothers him or not.