Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Official 2018 Other NFL News

Seattle is cleaning house on the coaching front:

Dave Softy Mahler @Softykjr
    Here’s what I’m hearing: Not just Bevell. Per sources: Kris Richard also out as DC, QB’s coach Carl Smith leaving as well.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Carroll is such a backstabber, making scapegoats of his assistant coaches. I've lost what little respect I had for him.

January 14 Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that won their Wild Card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games.

January 15 Deadline for college players who are underclassmen to apply for special eligibility. A list of players who are accepted into the NFL Draft will be sent to clubs on January 19.

January 20 East-West Shrine Game, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida.

January 20 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California.

January 21 AFC and NFC Championship Games.

January 27 Senior Bowl, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama.

January 28 NFL Pro Bowl, Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida.

January 28 An assistant coach whose team is participating in the Super Bowl, who has previously interviewed for another club’s head coaching job, may have a second interview with such club no later than the Sunday preceding the Super Bowl.

January 31 Deadline for NFL clubs to try out and negotiate with CFL players whose 2017 contracts are due to expire at 12 noon, New York time, on February 13.

FEBRUARY

February 4 Super Bowl LII, U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

February 5 Waiver system begins for 2018.

February 13 Beginning at 12 noon, New York time, NFL clubs may begin to sign players whose 2017 CFL contracts have expired. Players under contract to a CFL club for the 2018 season or who have an option for the 2018 season are not eligible to be signed.

February 20 First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

February 27-March 5 NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.

MARCH

March 6 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 12-14 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

March 14 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2018 on all players who have option clauses in their 2017 contracts.

March 14 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

March 14 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2017 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.

March 14 Top 51 begins. All clubs must be under the 2018 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 14 All 2017 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 14 The 2018 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The first day of the 2018 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 14. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

March 14 The first day of the 2018 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on

March 14. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

March 14 Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

March 25-28 Annual League Meeting, Orlando, Florida.

APRIL

April 2 Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2017 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 16 Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

April 20 Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.

April 26-28 2018 NFL Draft, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX.

Seahawks dumped Tom Cable, who was less popular in Seattle than James Campen during the worst of the O line years.

Mina Kimes @minakimes
    seahawks twitter looks like the ewok celebration scene right now
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Carroll is such a backstabber, making scapegoats of his assistant coaches. I've lost what little respect I had for him.
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

To take everyone's temperature, do you understand the mindset of a man who feels the need to pose like this for a picture? He looks like a Brand more than a coach. And that will be why this will fail.

Mularkey got fired for losing to the Patriots, after being told he was getting an extension for beating the Chiefs.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    #Titans GM Jon Robinson and CEO Steve Underwood told coach Mike Mularkey before the game and told him they were extended him and he was their guy. They said they'd get it done after the game. Now this.

This is the one situation I can understand the coach trying to sabotage the admin side. When they are lying bastards.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-15-2018 at 12:36 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Seahawks dumped Tom Cable, who was less popular in Seattle than James Campen during the worst of the O line years.

Mina Kimes @minakimes
    seahawks twitter looks like the ewok celebration scene right now
    The Seahawk O-line definitely laid some Cable this year.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit.
    no one gives a wit what you think.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

To take everyone's temperature, do you understand the mindset of a man who feels the need to pose like this for a picture? He looks like a Brand more than a coach. And that will be why this will fail.

Who the hell is that next to him? Nice haircut

Regarding Gruden: I make those faces all the time and no one pays me squat. Can't turn down 100 million to grimace on the sidelines (I guess it's not known how much is guaranteed...). But seriously, who thinks Chucky will return to 16 hour days, 7 days a week after the relative sinecure of the warm broadcast booth.

Tom Cable has a good rep as an O line coach. He had little to work with the last two seasons. SEA is getting old on the D side of the ball, and if you can stop their running game they struggle. Cable and Bevell will get jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Tom Cable has a good rep as an O line coach. He had little to work with the last two seasons. SEA is getting old on the D side of the ball, and if you can stop their running game they struggle. Cable and Bevell will get jobs.
    Can't agree. Cable was universally loathed for doing nothing with the o line and the run game in Seattle for years. This year he had:

During Tom Cable's tenure in Seattle (2011-17), the #Seahawks drafted 4 OL in Rounds 1-2:

T James Carpenter
    T Justin Britt
    T Germain Ifedi
    C Ethan Pocic
    Emphasizing @RaidersAnalysis' point, none of the above OL have met expectations in the NFL.

In addition:

Doug Farrar @BR_DougFarrar
    And these weren't players handed to Cable by the front office. Increasingly, Cable was the one making the calls on o-line personnel. He had all the advantages, and he still blew it.

Titans hire Texans DC Mike Vrabel as their new head coach.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Can't agree. Cable was universally loathed for doing nothing with the o line and the run game in Seattle for years. This year he had:

During Tom Cable's tenure in Seattle (2011-17), the #Seahawks drafted 4 OL in Rounds 1-2:

T James Carpenter
    T Justin Britt
    T Germain Ifedi
    C Ethan Pocic
    Emphasizing @RaidersAnalysis' point, none of the above OL have met expectations in the NFL.

In addition:

Doug Farrar @BR_DougFarrar
    And these weren't players handed to Cable by the front office. Increasingly, Cable was the one making the calls on o-line personnel. He had all the advantages, and he still blew it.
    That's the advantage free agency has over the draft. You pretty much know what you're getting. You don't have to translate college tape to NFL tape. You already have NFL tape. Case in point: Jahri Evans.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Did he learn that from the BEST BACKSTABBER amongst NFL HC's, Mike McCarthy?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Mularkey got fired for losing to the Patriots, after being told he was getting an extension for beating the Chiefs.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    #Titans GM Jon Robinson and CEO Steve Underwood told coach Mike Mularkey before the game and told him they were extended him and he was their guy. They said they'd get it done after the game. Now this.

This is the one situation I can understand the coach trying to sabotage the admin side. When they are lying bastards.
    That's very UGLY !

Titans hire Texans DC Mike Vrabel as their new head coach.
    Karma is a BITCH !

Tennessee is screwed.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

The #Vikings will have to replace OC Pat Shurmur when he takes over the #Giants. Two key names they'll consider: Former #Broncos OC Mike McCoy & former #Giants coach Ben McAdoo. Both are in the mix for other jobs, too.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

The #Vikings will have to replace OC Pat Shurmur when he takes over the #Giants. Two key names they'll consider: Former #Broncos OC Mike McCoy & former #Giants coach Ben McAdoo. Both are in the mix for other jobs, too.
    Ben McAdoo needs to take a year off to think about what he allowed to happen in New York this Season

McAdoo needs to maybe take a year off for some instruction in ZEN or it's equivalent.

Its's official: Giants hire Vikings OC Pat Shurmur as head coach.

Cardinals hire Panthers DC Steve Wilks as head coach