Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

More on what the Minnesota Vikings are doing:

Sheldon Richardson remains in Minnesota and is getting the stadium tour. He was picked up by GM in jet, had lunch with Kirk Cousins and others in owners’ suite yesterday ... The Vikings would like to close him, if the price is right.

https://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2...bring-vikings/

What would Sheldon Richardson bring to the Vikings?

By Matthew Coller | @MatthewColler

March 15, 2018 1:21 pm
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    [COLOR="#800080"]Sheldon Richardson remains in Minnesota and is getting the stadium tour. He was picked up by GM in jet
    memories....

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Brashaud Breeland is back on the market, minus some of his left foot. If he's worth $8M/year when fully intact, what is the market rate for a cornerback missing a heel? See "Defensive backs" thread for full story.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Brashaud Breeland is back on the market, minus some of his left foot. If he's worth $8M/year when fully intact, what is the market rate for a cornerback missing a heel? See "Defensive backs" thread for full story.
    He might be the best left assuming we don't get da Cards guy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Sign that contract!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bonus points if you can name, off the top of your head, all the Cleveland "quarterbacks" who played with Thomas.

At one point I actually thought Thomas would fake his own death to get out of Cleveland.

I might get half:

Manziel
    Anderson
    Brady WhatsHisFace from Notre Dame
    RGIII
    Steny Hoyer
    DeShone Kizer
    One of them has to be a McCown
    Colt McCoy
    oh, Holmgren, ah, Seneca Wallace I think

Not even half
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

"You can always manipulate the cap." ~ paraphrase of Tank

Contra that with the Cowboys:

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
    Still paying $9 million in dead Romo bucks. Also have $16.5 mil in Dez and $7 mil in what's left of Witten. Slap the franchise tag on Tank, and there's no wiggle room for upgrades

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
    The #Cowboys SHOULD be a team trying hard to upgrade so they can win during their cheap QB window (like the Rams). Bad spending habits of the past, mixed with loyalty/indecision about a few veterans, have really hamstrung them.

And this doesn't even cover the shenanigans they played with Tyson Smith to get his cap numbers down. I think Smith is on year 4 of a 25 year deal. All possible because Tyson Smith was handing out money to his family faster than it was coming in. If not for that team friendly deal, they would be in worse shape.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I might get half:

Manziel
    Anderson
    RGIII
    Steny Hoyer
    DeShone Kizer
    Colt McCoy

Not even half
    tim couch?

or was that before thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    tim couch?

or was that before thomas?
    yes. They never crossed paths.

I might get half:

Manziel
    Anderson
    RGIII
    Steny Hoyer
    DeShone Kizer
    Colt McCoy

Not even half
    That's not half bad. Or all bad, considering the QBs.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    "You can always manipulate the cap." ~ paraphrase of Tank

Contra that with the Cowboys:

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
    Still paying $9 million in dead Romo bucks. Also have $16.5 mil in Dez and $7 mil in what's left of Witten. Slap the franchise tag on Tank, and there's no wiggle room for upgrades

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
    The #Cowboys SHOULD be a team trying hard to upgrade so they can win during their cheap QB window (like the Rams). Bad spending habits of the past, mixed with loyalty/indecision about a few veterans, have really hamstrung them.

And this doesn't even cover the shenanigans they played with Tyson Smith to get his cap numbers down. I think Smith is on year 4 of a 25 year deal. All possible because Tyson Smith was handing out money to his family faster than it was coming in. If not for that team friendly deal, they would be in worse shape.
    According to spotrac, the Cowboys currently have about $8 M of cap bucks. Take away Lawrence's franchise tag of $17 M, and they sit dandily at $25 M. Point is, once they sign Lawrence to an extension (or cut or trade him), they should have more than enough bucks to cook the cap.

Hopefully they cut Dez and he signs with the Packers.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    According to spotrac, the Cowboys currently have about $8 M of cap bucks. Take away Lawrence's franchise tag of $17 M, and they sit dandily at $25 M. Point is, once they sign Lawrence to an extension (or cut or trade him), they should have more than enough bucks to cook the cap.

Funny thing about the franchise tag. Its not all under the team's control.

And by the time this is done, if they get some cap room, all the FAs will be gone and the process repeats next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

I am trying to picture Dez Bryant as a Packer.

It is hazy... mmmm hazy ...it is really hazy.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Another good day to be Nick Foles: the Super Bowl MVP is due a $3 million roster bonus today.

Field Yates @FieldYates
    Other notable roster bonuses due today: Jaguars LB Telvin Smith ($8M), Colts QB Andrew Luck ($6M), Packers OT David Bakhtiari ($6M) and Giants QB Eli Manning ($5M).

The best League.

^^^^ listen to that teletype roll!

I might get half:

Manziel
    Anderson
    RGIII
    Steny Hoyer
    DeShone Kizer
    Colt McCoy

Not even half
    Well, there are the two currently on the roster - Kessler and Hogan.

Don't forget the reigning SB winning coach, Pederson. Or the SB winner, Dilfer. Or the 4 time pro bowl winning QB Jeff Garcia.

smh. Snakebitten doesn't start to cover it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...