Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

You know Al is thinking "I called the Miracle on Ice and now its G****** USFL highlights"?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Well, there are the two currently on the roster - Kessler and Hogan.

Don't forget the reigning SB winning coach, Pederson. Or the SB winner, Dilfer. Or the 4 time pro bowl winning QB Jeff Garcia.

smh. Snakebitten doesn't start to cover it.
    Yeah, but Thomas didn't come on until 2007 with Brady Killer (Quinn). He got guys like Weeden and Campbell. And almost every year, the third or fourth QB on the roster at the start of the season is your season-ending starter against Pittsburgh. It was really uncanny. Real NFL studs like Thaddeus Lewis and Connor Shaw.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...K:topheadlines

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...on-to-patriots

Raiders trade WR Cordarrelle Patterson to Patriots

By Edward Lewis NFL.com

Published: March 18, 2018 at 06:41 p.m. Updated: March 18, 2018 at 08:58 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27

Tom Brady's a new toy on offense.

This looks like a fill move as longtime as FA special teams ace Matthew Slater visited the Steelers this weekend (per ESPN News).

Cordarrelle Patterson, well known for his electrifying kick returns and world-class speed as a wideout, is an underrated special teams player. The last time the Pats acquired an Oakland Raider WR turned out pretty well for Randy Moss and New England.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...focus-to-draft

Colts GM: Free-agent price tags pushed focus to draft

By: Kevin Patra ...Around the NFL writer

Published: March 19, 2018 at 09:17 a.m. Updated: March 19, 2018 at 09:44 a.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

Here's a Colts GM that buys into 'the Ted Thompson School of Thought' and how to see Free Agency.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Here's a Colts GM that buys into 'the Ted Thompson School of Thought' and how to see Free Agency.
    Or pretty much any other team that has a franchise QB (and more) pulling in major $$$.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

GreenBay Packer Nation

3 mins ago. ·

Any Late night owls out there?

As per James Jones on NFL Network, Morgan Burnett is expected to sign with the Steelers tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/GreenBayPac...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yeah, but Thomas didn't come on until 2007 with Brady Killer (Quinn). He got guys like Weeden and Campbell. And almost every year, the third or fourth QB on the roster at the start of the season is your season-ending starter against Pittsburgh. It was really uncanny. Real NFL studs like Thaddeus Lewis and Connor Shaw.
    So Dilfer and Garcia were before Thomas – my Browns history is far from comprehensive. I give you then Jake Delhomme, former Pro Bowler and World Bowl champion. But also a guy Wikipedia tells me once lost his starting job to Matt Moore.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Or pretty much any other team that has a franchise QB (and more) pulling in major $$$.
    You will not then be surprised that the Rams have money for everyone.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

For now.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You will not then be surprised that the Rams have money for everyone.

MY WAIT IS ALMOST OVER for another RAM RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent years of torture and suffering cheering for Vince Ferragamo, Wendel Tyler, Jack Youngblood, Pat Haden, and even Willie Joe Namath to guide them by Dallas and win a Super Bowl. In reality my intense hatred for the Dallas Cowbody is probably why the Rams were my second favorite team at an early age when GB sucked year after year.

Greatest Show on Turf had a great Super Bowl; Now the Rams traded for TWO of the TOP 5 CB's in the NFL in terms of QB rating against that QB. And they gave up next to nothing but did take on character risks.

Da RAMS on paper on f'ckin scary
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

^^^ Flipper Anderson!

Oh I was rooting for the Rams in the Super Bowl versus the despised Steelers.

Unfortunately, it turned out like every Steeler home game where somehow all the breaks went their way and they cruised to a win.

It is nice to know that one franchise can get to the Super Bowl with a CFL QB and an Arena League QB.

Lions sign Luke Wilson, whom some here preferred to the expensive Jimmy Graham.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rams beating the Danny White Cowboys was a lot of fun too.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Another blockbuster trade: Giants trading DE Jason Pierre-Paul and a 2018 fourth-round pick to Buccaneers for a 2018 third-round pick and a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.

I know the high salary is prohibitive in many cases and it's why draft picks are so valuable, but wow, you can really get a pretty legit player these days for very little in draft equity. A 4th round pick for JPP? Sure the salary is high, but if you've got the cap room, you're pretty unlikely to get a player that makes JPPs impact for a 4th rounder.

Another blockbuster trade: Giants trading DE Jason Pierre-Paul and a 2018 fourth-round pick to Buccaneers for a 2018 third-round pick and a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.
    I disagree. This is more like a VideoTime trade:

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I know the high salary is prohibitive in many cases and it's why draft picks are so valuable, but wow, you can really get a pretty legit player these days for very little in draft equity. A 4th round pick for JPP? Sure the salary is high, but if you've got the cap room, you're pretty unlikely to get a player that makes JPPs impact for a 4th rounder.
    Many teams have over valued their draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Lions sign Luke Wilson, whom some here preferred to the expensive Jimmy Graham.
    I like that Guy. I like the money he signed for or $2.5 K is highly civilized.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-l...willson-12439/

The GIANTS are having a solid Off Season so far.