Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I always read Ky’s posts in John Facendas voice.
    If you can do that, I know where you can make some real money.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I always read Ky’s posts in John Facendas voice.
    So does Tank.

Because Facenda is dead.

I wonder if the Patriots just became the favorite in the Jordan Matthews sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I wonder if the Patriots just became the favorite in the Jordan Matthews sweepstakes.
    Did he visit there?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did he visit there?
    yes

^^ Yep Cooks has talent, and the trade values show that teams all agree. He sure does wear out his welcome quickly.

From Profootballrumors.

https://www.profootballrumors.com

A year after acquiring him from the Saints, the Patriots shipped wide receiver Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to the Rams in exchange for first- and sixth-round picks. Let’s take a look at some of the reaction to and fallout from the blockbuster deal:

Before trading him to Los Angeles, the Patriots engaged in extension talks with Cooks, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. However, those discussions stalled as the two sides were simply too far apart. Cooks is scheduled to earn $8.459MM in 2018 under the terms of his fifth-year option, but he’s likely looking for at least $14MM annually on a new deal. The Rams, for their part, have reportedly already expressed interest in extending Cooks’ contract, and Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets that Los Angeles is “intent” on doing so. Florio, however, indicates there is as of yet no timeline for a long-term pact to get done.
    The Rams and Patriots had discussed a possible Cooks trade for more than a month, well before Los Angeles ever contacted the Giants regarding fellow wideout Odell Beckham Jr., according to Schefter (Twitter link). Los Angeles preferred Cooks, and the price tag — New York is reportedly looking for at least two first-round picks in exchange for OBJ — likely played a role in that stance. Talks between the Patriots and Rams heated up on Monday when head coaches Bill Belichick and Sean McVay worked at the same coaching clinic, and those talks ultimately led to a trade on Tuesday, per Schefter (Twitter link).
    Los Angeles finally acquired Cooks on Tuesday after attempting to land him from the Saints last year, as Rams general manager Les Snead tells Peter King of TheMMQB.com. The Rams did not hold a first-round pick a season ago while the Patriots did, allowing New England to make the better offer for Cooks. Los Angeles, meanwhile, discussed a deal involving then-franchise-tagged cornerback Trumaine Johnson, but the talks never gained traction. For what it’s worth, the Rams actually tried to trade Johnson twice in 2017: once for Cooks, and once in exchange for a second-round pick, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
    The Patriots never viewed Cooks as a true No. 1 wide receiver, per Rapoport (Twitter link), and quarterback Tom Brady is “not sad” about the trade. While Cooks topped 1,000 yards receiving in his lone New England campaign, he wasn’t a perfect fit for the Patriots’ offense, says Rapoport. Theoretically, New England could shift back to a more horizontal offense based around incumbent receivers Julian Edelman and Chris Hogan now that Cooks is no longer in town.
    Although the Rams have now eschewed a hypothetical Beckham trade in favor of acquiring Cooks, the “frenzy” surrounding the mercurial Giants receiver doesn’t figure to subside, as Ralph Vacchiano of SNY writes. Still, a Beckham deal remains “highly unlikely,” as Los Angeles’ payment for Cooks doesn’t come anywhere close to what New York would want in exchange for Beckham.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Sounds like the Patriots would have been fine with him at a given number, but didn't want him at a top of the market number. That is pretty par of the course for them.

Saints completely revamped their offense.

I don't know if he is some kinda unsolvable problem, but he might not be dominant enough, despite his physical traits, that people want to commit FA market numbers to him or build an offense around him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

How the mighty have fallen. Now he's just "Fat Eddy," like the kid you went to elementary school with.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

CB available.

Los Angeles Rams @RamsNFL
    #LARams Release CB Kayvon Webster

Who the hell is Kayvon Webster? My gosh, I'm getting old. I can't keep up with all these players any more. Is he as good as Herb Waters?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Thomas Davis of the Panthers suspended for the first four games of the season due to PED's. Don't feel one bit sorry.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ing-ped-policy

Ian Rapoport

Verified account @RapSheet .......6h6 hours ago

" Big evaluation week for the #Browns: Their local pro day is today, which will likely feature all the #OSU top prospects among others. On Thursday, #Wyoming QB Josh Allen visits, and #Louisville QB Lamar Jackson is scheduled for a visit Friday. "

It looks to me like Teh Browns will Pick at QB for their NO. 1 Pick as they should.

We're doing our Packerrats Mock Draft right now; and have covered the Browns NO. 1 and 4 Picks in 'Brown Dreamworld Fashion'.

Here it is:

Picks

1 Cleveland Browns -- Sam Darnold, QB, USC
    2 New York Giants -- Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
    3 New York Jets -- Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
    4 Cleveland Browns -- Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
    5 Denver Broncos -- denverYooper
    6 Indianapolis Colts -- Justin Harrell
    7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Cheesehead Craig
    8 Chicago Bears -- Harvey's Wallbangers
    9 San Francisco 49ers -- yetisnowman
    10 Oakland Raiders -- esoxx
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Thomas Davis of the Panthers suspended for the first four games of the season due to PED's. Don't feel one bit sorry.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ing-ped-policy
    Someone wrote that Thomas Davis is having a bit of an identity crisis. Someone is impersonating him, apparently:

Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
    The headhunting hit on @tae15adams was "out of character." This, after the hit on Russell Shepherd in Tampa was "out of character." I'm now told the mistake referenced below is "out of character." How many "out of character" episodes until it's just...your character?

Doesn't the fact that Davis is suspended mean this is not his first positive result?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...nfl-offseason/

Protester Eric Reid finally invited to make his first free agent visit of NFL offseason

The former 49ers Pro Bowler has had a difficult time finding work over the past month

John Breech ... mugshot by John Breech ...@johnbreech

2h ago • 2 min read

Comment woodbuck27:

This could be the perfect fit.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Browns and WR Jarvis Landry are going to agree to terms on a 5-year, $75.5M extension, sources say. He gets $47M guaranteed… crazy for those who considered him a slot receiver.

I am sure this will not come back to bite them.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Browns and WR Jarvis Landry are going to agree to terms on a 5-year, $75.5M extension, sources say. He gets $47M guaranteed… crazy for those who considered him a slot receiver.

He could be as dominant as Kenny Britt.

" Holy Cow Batman; the RAMS DL Upgrade and DC Wade Phillips has to be elated. " Robin

Signed FA and now Nose Tackle Ndamukong Suh and plans for him two-gapping, clogging lanes, and taking on multiple blockers Moving 3-Tech DT Aaron Donald to one-gap and them getting up field to attack quarterbacks. Add 5 -Tech DE Michael Brockers.

There's a lot there for KYPack to watch.

" Yes Robin, that's what I deem a 'a Monster of the Midway' DL. " Batman

The RAMS will be a blast to watch next year. as will be the Cleveland Browns to see if their yeast will cause them to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    He could be as dominant as Kenny Britt.
    Someone posted that there have been 92 receivers with his numbers over the last few years. His 1st down per catch rate ranks 81st among them.

If you need 7 yards on 3rd and 10, he is your guy.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Damn and I was such a fast and sure handed Wide Receiver in 'the Hallowed Allison Grounds'.

I was born 50 years too soon.