Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

https://nflmocks.com/2018/03/21/ndam...kland-raiders/

Ndamukong Suh cancels free agent visit with Oakland Raiders

By Sayre Bedinger23 hours agoFollow @sayrebedinger
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Another example of the Commish (and his committees) not learning lessons from the past. He is dead on that the rule is written to make sense on replay, not live time.

“Is that going to be harder for the official in real time to make that call consistently? And are we going to have more plays go to replay? Because it feels like this new rule is geared more toward replay than real time officiating on the field,” Blandino said.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-more-replays/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Interesting. Repped I would if I could.

JS Comments @JSComments
    I don't wish Cousins any harm, but it would be interesting to see him suffer an injury
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    https://nflmocks.com/2018/03/21/ndam...kland-raiders/

Ndamukong Suh cancels free agent visit with Oakland Raiders

By Sayre Bedinger23 hours agoFollow @sayrebedinger
    Right now with the NY Jets withdrawing from the N. Suh Sweepstakes' it looks (right now) like the LA RAMS are the likely destination for Suh's services.

Wait I just checked:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5593/ndamukong-suh

Rams signed DT Ndamukong Suh, formerly of the Dolphins, to a one-year, $14 million contract.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

@MikeGarafolo ...Mar 30

" Vikings are signing WR Kendall Wright, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. Had 59 catches for the Bears last year, now heads to their NFC North rival as a target for Kirk Cousins. "

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Defensive back depth: The #Bills have signed CB Phillip Gaines. ... The #Raiders signed veteran CB Leon Hall.

1:36 PM - 29 Mar 2018

Meanwhile the Green Bay Packers do .... nothing. It sure looks like the same Ole Same Ole and FA and the Green Bay Packers.

Is TT still in charge?

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet ... Mar 29

" WR Kaelin Clay is signing with the #Bills today, back where he started 2017."

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

" A possible Odell Beckham Jr trade was broached publicly this week, but it wasn’t the first time it became a topic for the #Giants. I’m told they got their first trade offer right after the viral pizza video came out. It was real low and they said "����

Blog Entries
    To Hell with Belichick-ism.

The FA freaks on here need our GM to take up Ram-ism.

They needed corners, they went and got Marcus Peters and Aquib Talib.

Suh to shore up their DLine.

Now to get a top flight WR, they traded their 1 for Brandin Cooks from the Patriots.

There's your all in team for this off season.

Lesee if it flies.

Their top pick is now in the third round.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Now to get a top flight WR, they traded their 1 for Brandin Cooks from the Patriots.
    that's a great trade - Brady can't throw that far anymore anyway. Draft another tight end and pick up a quick, small, slow white receiver off the scrap heap and bingo cheat is in another Super Bowl. They prob. need a pissed off/cast off running back too, but I don't know who is available.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I wonder if the Patriots just became the favorite in the Jordan Matthews sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I wonder if the Patriots just became the favorite in the Jordan Matthews sweepstakes.
    Did he visit there?

Must be something "less than meets the eye" with Cooks.

In 2014, the Saints gave up their 1st (#27) and 3rd (#91) to move up just seven spots (to #20) to draft him.
    In 2017, the Saints gave Cooks and their 4th (#118) to NE for the Patriot's 1st (#32) and 3rd (#103).
    NE picked up Cooks' fifth year option after trading for him.
    Now NE has reportedly given him and their 4th (#136) to the Rams for their 1st (#23)and 6th (#198).

Three teams stepped up to get him, but two of the teams have been willing to part with him after getting him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Must be something "less than meets the eye" with Cooks.

In 2014, the Saints gave up their 1st (#27) and 3rd (#91) to move up just seven spots (to #20) to draft him.
    In 2017, the Saints gave Cooks and their 4th (#118) to NE for the Patriot's 1st (#32) and 3rd (#103).
    NE picked up Cooks' fifth year option after trading for him.
    Now NE has reportedly given him and their 4th (#136) to the Rams for their 1st (#23)and 6th (#198).

Three teams stepped up to get him, but two of the teams have been willing to part with him after getting him.
    Me too, on this one.

He looks like a top flight WR, but why won't anybody keep him?

My neighbor is a huge Saints fan, he moaned like hell when they traded Cooks to Boston.

Something must be up, but damned if I know what it is.

^^ Yep Cooks has talent, and the trade values show that teams all agree. He sure does wear out his welcome quickly.

From Profootballrumors.

https://www.profootballrumors.com

A year after acquiring him from the Saints, the Patriots shipped wide receiver Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to the Rams in exchange for first- and sixth-round picks. Let’s take a look at some of the reaction to and fallout from the blockbuster deal:

Before trading him to Los Angeles, the Patriots engaged in extension talks with Cooks, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. However, those discussions stalled as the two sides were simply too far apart. Cooks is scheduled to earn $8.459MM in 2018 under the terms of his fifth-year option, but he’s likely looking for at least $14MM annually on a new deal. The Rams, for their part, have reportedly already expressed interest in extending Cooks’ contract, and Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets that Los Angeles is “intent” on doing so. Florio, however, indicates there is as of yet no timeline for a long-term pact to get done.
    The Rams and Patriots had discussed a possible Cooks trade for more than a month, well before Los Angeles ever contacted the Giants regarding fellow wideout Odell Beckham Jr., according to Schefter (Twitter link). Los Angeles preferred Cooks, and the price tag — New York is reportedly looking for at least two first-round picks in exchange for OBJ — likely played a role in that stance. Talks between the Patriots and Rams heated up on Monday when head coaches Bill Belichick and Sean McVay worked at the same coaching clinic, and those talks ultimately led to a trade on Tuesday, per Schefter (Twitter link).
    Los Angeles finally acquired Cooks on Tuesday after attempting to land him from the Saints last year, as Rams general manager Les Snead tells Peter King of TheMMQB.com. The Rams did not hold a first-round pick a season ago while the Patriots did, allowing New England to make the better offer for Cooks. Los Angeles, meanwhile, discussed a deal involving then-franchise-tagged cornerback Trumaine Johnson, but the talks never gained traction. For what it’s worth, the Rams actually tried to trade Johnson twice in 2017: once for Cooks, and once in exchange for a second-round pick, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
    The Patriots never viewed Cooks as a true No. 1 wide receiver, per Rapoport (Twitter link), and quarterback Tom Brady is “not sad” about the trade. While Cooks topped 1,000 yards receiving in his lone New England campaign, he wasn’t a perfect fit for the Patriots’ offense, says Rapoport. Theoretically, New England could shift back to a more horizontal offense based around incumbent receivers Julian Edelman and Chris Hogan now that Cooks is no longer in town.
    Although the Rams have now eschewed a hypothetical Beckham trade in favor of acquiring Cooks, the “frenzy” surrounding the mercurial Giants receiver doesn’t figure to subside, as Ralph Vacchiano of SNY writes. Still, a Beckham deal remains “highly unlikely,” as Los Angeles’ payment for Cooks doesn’t come anywhere close to what New York would want in exchange for Beckham.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Sounds like the Patriots would have been fine with him at a given number, but didn't want him at a top of the market number. That is pretty par of the course for them.

Saints completely revamped their offense.

I don't know if he is some kinda unsolvable problem, but he might not be dominant enough, despite his physical traits, that people want to commit FA market numbers to him or build an offense around him.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    that's a great trade - Brady can't throw that far anymore anyway. Draft another tight end and pick up a quick, small, slow white receiver off the scrap heap and bingo cheat is in another Super Bowl. They prob. need a pissed off/cast off running back too, but I don't know who is available.
    How about Fat Eddie?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    How about Fat Eddie?
    That crossed my mind. But it would be really hard for Eddie to get into football shape licking dollar bills and slapping 'em on plexiglass.

How the mighty have fallen. Now he's just "Fat Eddy," like the kid you went to elementary school with.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

To Hell with Belichick-ism.

The FA freaks on here need our GM to take up Ram-ism.

They needed corners, they went and got Marcus Peters and Aquib Talib.

Suh to shore up their DLine.

There's your all in team for this off season.

Lesee if it flies.

Their top pick is now in the third round.
    Last time I remember a team winning the off-season championship this convincingly was when Washington went out and got Haynesworth
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...