Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    holy hell - in the same thread:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    In case anyone cares:

I was trying to put James in perspective of 'best NBA players ever'

I always thought Jordan was the best I ever saw. I never really saw Wilt play or Elgin Baylor. Saw Kareem a few times in his later years. Kareem changed the game - literally, for a while. But still, there was Jordan, with his incredible ability to make plays, always make clutch shots (even if he needs to push off to get open - ). But Then James. I don't know how much you guys watch, but as little as invested as I am in the Cavs (I really don't care if they win or not), I can't believe how unreal James is. That guy takes so many fouls that never get called. He's so strong he just shrugs contact off all the time. If he got the calls Jordan got, he'd probably average 4 points/game more over his career. Yet, he still lacks titles like Jordan. Mostly because he only rarely had the surrounding cast of Jordan. Still, Jordan. That guy was amazing. So I think of it this way: If Jordan is Spider Man, James is Venom - who is Spiderman, but with a bigger stronger enhanced physique - overall better, but lacking some little ephemeral thing that only Spiderman retains to make him able to win where Venom, who should win, does not.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    In case anyone cares:

I was trying to put James in perspective of 'best NBA players ever'

I always thought Jordan was the best I ever saw. I never really saw Wilt play or Elgin Baylor. Saw Kareem a few times in his later years. Kareem changed the game - literally, for a while. But still, there was Jordan, with his incredible ability to make plays, always make clutch shots (even if he needs to push off to get open - ). But Then James. I don't know how much you guys watch, but as little as invested as I am in the Cavs (I really don't care if they win or not), I can't believe how unreal James is. That guy takes so many fouls that never get called. He's so strong he just shrugs contact off all the time. If he got the calls Jordan got, he'd probably average 4 points/game more over his career. Yet, he still lacks titles like Jordan. Mostly because he only rarely had the surrounding cast of Jordan. Still, Jordan. That guy was amazing. So I think of it this way: If Jordan is Spider Man, James is Venom - who is Spiderman, but with a bigger stronger enhanced physique - overall better, but lacking some little ephemeral thing that only Spiderman retains to make him able to win where Venom, who should win, does not.
    The ephemeral thing he lacks is a great GM.

Not in love with basketball enough to watch too much regular season (Giannis is fun though) but I am always there for the playoffs. Same with NHL.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The thing he lacks is the killer instinct. He didn't take a shot in OT last night until about the 2:30 mark. You think Jordan or Kobe would have let their team shoot at all over the first half of OT?

As to the fouls, he also gets phantom calls when driving and never ever gets called for pushing his defender 6 feet away. In every sport, blaming the refs for a loss is a loser mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    The thing he lacks is the killer instinct. He didn't take a shot in OT last night until about the 2:30 mark. You think Jordan or Kobe would have let their team shoot at all over the first half of OT?

As to the fouls, he also gets phantom calls when driving and never ever gets called for pushing his defender 6 feet away. In every sport, blaming the refs for a loss is a loser mentality.
    He won two playoff games this year with last second shots. Its not killer instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    As I looked at this LINK this popped into my head:

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://jetlaggin.com/the-worst-nfl-d...r+Report+-+NFL

THE WORST NFL DRAFT PICKS IN FOOTBALL HISTORY
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Jamal Lewis Making Most of Post-NFL Life—but Preparing for Darker Days to Come

By: TYLER DUNNE ... MAY 29, 2018

ATLANTA" The emptiness is inevitable, inescapable and, sometimes, fatal. Once pro football is through with you, count on it spitting you back out into society a concussed and confused man, searching for purpose.

Jamal Lewis remembers the feeling well. "

Please click on the LINK for the rest of this story.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Dez Bryant Deletes Instagram Comment Listing 49ers as Team He Wants to Play For

BY: SCOTT POLACEK ... MAY 28, 2018

How did this thread get bounced into basketball? I can't say anything one way or the other about bad calls in this game, as I really stopped giving a shit about the NBA when the Bucks went out.

I will say, though, Zool, you are dead wrong about blaming the refs or complaining about calls being a "loser mentality". There certainly are bad calls, and the damned NBA is probably the worst major sport pro or college for a pattern of bad calls - obvious bias against some teams and players and for others. For a long long time, the Bucks were victimized more than probably any other team. The past season or two, things haven't been quite so bad, but it's still there certain times against certain teams the league wants to succeed.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The thing he is missing is Scottie Pippen.

Just do a quick google of LeBron James quits playoffs. You’ll have all the video evidence you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Just do a quick google of LeBron James quits playoffs. You’ll have all the video evidence you need.
    Eddie House, Dan Gilbert and Skip Bayless. The Jeopardy $200 answer to the question, "Who are three people whose opinions I don't care about?"

He's won 3 championships, one with a team that shouldn't have made it out of the conference semi-finals. The second best player (Love) missed that championship. He dragged a TERRIBLE Cavs team to the final with the Spurs.

Gilbert has the same problem the Bucks do; the idiot owners cannot get out of their own way (Jason Kidd? refuse to hire the GM you have been grooming for 2 years?) and hire competent people.

We should move this to the Bucks thread. I have never been there, do we have a Bucks thread?
    Last edited by pbmax; 06-03-2018 at 09:08 AM.

https://twitter.com/NFLFootballOps/s...80668089831425

We have video of the NFL's new helmet rule with video and Davante Adams and Danny Trevathan are on there in the ejection section, which seems FAR more clear.

The section on just the penalty comes up with a Colts player where it looks like he is trying to cut down a falling ball carrier (bad form, too late, but he seems to be looking for an easy way out) which points out some of the mundane plays that will draw flags.

The NBA sucks. This thread blows. We have a Bucks forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The NBA sucks. This thread blows. We have a Bucks forum here.
    You are being dumb. NBA playoffs are great. The only thing they lack is that they are not the NHL playoffs.

Patriots and Belichick coaching tips:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england...t-of-my-career

1. Reduce volume of information for players.
    2. Present game plan (again, it seems) 30 minutes before game to players. To concentrate on big picture.
    3. Work smarter, not just harder (OK, that one you could have picked up in a seminar at the airport Sheraton)
    4. Has Shea Mcclellan retired? Because he seems to be campaigning for a job as Patriot player personnel development.

McClellin is not officially retired, but is prepared for possibly never playing again because of concussions. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ct-concussions

1. Reduce volume of information for players.
    Pettine has talked about players reaching a "saturation point". You throw information at players, but when you get to a point where you sense they can't absorb any more, you have to take a step back.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...ckers-defense/

According to Bedard, Pettine believes in what he calls the “sponge theory,” a philosophy based on feeding the players more and more content until you get “feedback,” meaning the players have been saturated with as many calls and adjustments possible before it affects communication, aggressiveness and – most importantly – execution.

In Silverstein’s report, Pettine allegedly has simplified his system based on his time with the Seahawks, a team who’s notorious for its simple Cover 3 system.

“One of the rules we had was you never wanted to be limited by your least intelligent player,” Pettine said, via Bedard’s story. “You have to do it that way because if you have a guy that can be elite but he can’t be cluttered.”

I just hope Pettine doesn't simplify things too much. The scheming of Capers - which may or may not have been too complicated - probably was the only thing keeping our D from being even worse in the past, given the overall mediocrity of talent. I hope talent is good enough now to justify the simplifying, but even optimist that I am, I wouldn't bet on it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?