Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

LeSean McCoy being investigated by NFL for a domestic abuse violation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nce-accusation

Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy strongly denied a domestic violence accusation made against him Tuesday in a social media post.

"For the record, the totally baseless and offensive claims made against me are completely false," McCoy wrote on Instagram. "Furthermore, I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months."

The message came hours after an unidentified user on Instagram posted a bloodied and bruised image of a woman the poster identified as McCoy's former girlfriend, Delicia Cordon. The message, which was later deleted before the Instagram account was made private, accused McCoy of being responsible for the injuries.

According to court documents, McCoy has been trying to evict Cordon from the Georgia home where the incident occurred early Tuesday morning. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that McCoy was in the Miami area Tuesday working out in preparation for Bills training camp, which opens July 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    LeSean McCoy being investigated by NFL for a domestic abuse violation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nce-accusation

I'm not saying he wasn't involved. But it seems a lot of these players are guilty until proven otherwise when it comes to domestic abuse. All it takes is one spiteful ex to say a few words, and a mans name is mud.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Packers will put in a bid and probably lose. Beal is a good prospect. Every team in the league has a roster spot for him. That includes the Packers.
    The NFL held its annual mid-summer supplemental draft Wednesday with two players selected, the most since 2010.

New York Giants: Sam Beal, CB, Western Michigan, third round.

Washington Redskins: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech, sixth round.

Three players eligible for the supplemental draft not selected -- Brandon Bryant, SS, Mississippi State; Bright Ugwoegbu, LB, Oregon State; Martayveus Carter, RB, Grand Valley State -- are now undrafted free agents eligible to be signed by any NFL team. The Jets are expected to sign Bryant, a source told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

I wonder if the Packers even considered, or put in a bid for any of the players? The Giants giving up a 3rd round pick next year for Beal next seems risky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I wonder if the Packers even considered, or put in a bid for any of the players? The Giants giving up a 3rd round pick next year for Beal next seems risky to me.
    Guessing not. The only prospects were DB's and they just threw a whole bunch at that position. If the top prospect had been a linebacker of equal caliber, I'm guessing they would have jumped at it.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I'm not saying he wasn't involved. But it seems a lot of these players are guilty until proven otherwise when it comes to domestic abuse. All it takes is one spiteful ex to say a few words, and a mans name is mud.
    Not counting accusations by the victim and some of her friends, I don't see anyone jumping to conclusions. Knee jerk reaction much, Rut?

EDIT: I see now that our very own Mailman, ordinarily one of the few voices of reason and purveyors of truth in this jaded group, decided that the statement that the NFL is "reviewing the matter" should be interpreted as an investigation. Rutting and Strutting is absolutely correct: that Mailman is the incarnation of a new man-hating, politically correct intolerance that threatens to destroy not only the NFL but the moral fabric of our society.
    Last edited by hoosier; 07-12-2018 at 02:08 PM.

DeMarco Murray to retire after 7 seasons. Cowboys wore him out in 2014 with 460 touches. He was going to be a free agent they didn't plan to sign, so what did they care?

Former Seahawk cornerback, Brandon Browner, was arrested and charged with attempted murder.

DeMarco Murray to retire after 7 seasons. Cowboys wore him out in 2014 with 460 touches. He was going to be a free agent they didn't plan to sign, so what did they care?
    You see something wrong with that?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    that Mailman is the incarnation of a new man-hating, politically correct intolerance that threatens to destroy not only the NFL but the moral fabric of our society.
    The first step in recovery is admitting the problem.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The first step in recovery is admitting the problem.
    What problem?

What problem?
    Strong point. If it works for you, roll with it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Former Seahawk cornerback, Brandon Browner, was arrested and charged with attempted murder.
    That's a big step up from merely mugging Packer receivers.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/7...-running-backs
    Well he got $18M guranateed so he should be ok, but he had some wear on the tires and probably was best for his health. Interesting to see how backs are/aren't valued.

Whatever team pays Bell the 3 year, 45 million is crazy.

Just think: not so very long ago, Leveon Bell and Eddie Lacy were widely viewed as having similar value to their teams. Now Lacy is just...wide.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Just think: not so very long ago, Leveon Bell and Eddie Lacy were widely viewed as having similar value to their teams. Now Lacy is just viewed to be wide.
    so close

revis island tipped over and capsized today.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Krakatoa!

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Hank Johnson was RIGHT!