Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Bill Belichick is a bad GM.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ensive-talent/

“The last defense we had seen was Minnesota’s, and we were like, ‘These dudes have got some players.’ Then we see [the Patriots] and we’re like, ‘These dudes have got some . . . coaches.’
    ~ Jason Kelce
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Why are Philly players still ragging on NE?

Newsflash guys, you won the SB. Start acting like champs.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Vikings OL coach Tony Sparano died unexpectedly today at the age of 56.

Sparano had complained about chest pains and went to the hospital Thursday, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Sparano underwent tests and was released Friday. The source said Sparano's wife found him unconscious Sunday morning as they prepared to leave for church but could not revive him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Just very sad news. 56 is way too young.

It's easy to be upset with the doctors for not doing something when he came in, but they undoubtedly ran tests, and the results didn't warrant further action. You can argue that something is wrong with their process, but there needs to be data to back up a change in procedure.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries
    RIP tough Tony.

Always admired the guy, a tough old school coach.

Gurley gets $60M contract extension with $45M guaranteed. I just don't see the wisdom in paying RB's this type of money. Good luck to the Steelers trying to sign Bell now.

So much for the Giants using a 3rd round pick in the supplemental draft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oulder-injury/

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    On Tuesday morning, Stefon Diggs became the latest wide receiver to cash in. Despite never having a 1,000 yard or 100 catch season, the Vikings gave him a five-year extension worth $72MM.
    GOLDIGGSER

Improvement in Anthony Barr‘s pass-rushing production could help him become the next Vikings player to get paid, Ben Goessling of the Star Tribune writes. Barr had four sacks as a rookie, but his numbers have dropped each season as the Vikings have sent him after the quarterback less often and offenses have used linemen to block him more often instead of running backs. Last year, Barr rushed the QB on a career low 16.7% of his snaps, resulting in just one sack on the year.
    HOWEVER, VIKINGS PLEASED WITH INCREASE IN LATE HITS
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Saints signed Barclay, despite likely CTE lawsuit in 10-30 years.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Titans signed Kenny Vaccaro to fill their void at Safety.
    Eric Reid apparently had flight problems and never even made it for a tryout.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Gurley gets $60M contract extension with $45M guaranteed. I just don't see the wisdom in paying RB's this type of money. Good luck to the Steelers trying to sign Bell now.
    unfortunately for them, RB is the position that probably should be paid the most next to QBs. they probably take the biggest beating for the game, and have the shortest careers

they pretty much only get one decent contract in their career (if they even make it past their rookie contract), so they should milk it for as much money as possible

but on the flip side, RBs are almost a dime a dozen, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for teams to pay a lot for them

why would any player want to be a RB these days?

Gurley is one of the few that is a definite step above the other good backs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Draft a couple running backs and buy your QB a weapon or two. Unless you really see Gurley as that weapon. He’s good but is he Peterman good?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    unfortunately for them, RB is the position that probably should be paid the most next to QBs. they probably take the biggest beating for the game, and have the shortest careers

they pretty much only get one decent contract in their career (if they even make it past their rookie contract), so they should milk it for as much money as possible

but on the flip side, RBs are almost a dime a dozen, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for teams to pay a lot for them

why would any player want to be a RB these days?
    How the game has changed since I grew up watching it in the 70's. Running back - or tailback, as it was sometimes called - was the glamour position. Now you're another blocker who occasionally gets to touch the ball.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    How the game has changed since I grew up watching it in the 70's. Running back - or tailback, as it was sometimes called - was the glamour position. Now you're another blocker who occasionally gets to touch the ball.
    not all teams are the packers

some teams let their running back actually run with the ball, a lot

When you've got the greatest QB in the history of the world, and a lot of mediocrity elsewhere, you do what you need to do - and that ain't run the ball all the time.

If you're the Wisconsin Badgers - super RB(s), O Line head and shoulders better than the competition, and a mediocre QB, THEN you run 'em to death.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Draft a couple running backs and buy your QB a weapon or two. Unless you really see Gurley as that weapon. He’s good but is he Peterman good?
    Probably not Peterman good for 25 carries and shrugging off bone crushing hits, but close, with more game breaking plays. He is in the right offense now where they will spread it out and throw it to him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Running has definitely been de-emphasized and the practice limits don't help that.

But the position itself is among the more fungible because functional players are available later in the draft. You can't do that reliably with QB, pass rush and corners, for instance.

I always enjoyed that man's enthusiasm as a side line reporter on NFL games.

Dying at 56 years and being as inspiring as I know he was is very sad.

Guys if you don't have your weight and more importantly conditioning under some decent control please see you Doctor and take care of yourself. Ensure you blood pressure and pulse rate is in the normal range.

I believe in low stress exercise and a solid practise of proper stretching...keep muscles strong and long. Your blood pressure can devite rapidly with stress...avoid stress.

Is your blood pressure in the 120 over 80 Range and for a Male pulse about 72 BPM or below? These are good targets but always consult with a Doctor before going 'all Superman'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    not all teams are the packers

some teams let their running back actually run with the ball, a lot
    As Rand would say to Ted, LOOK IT UP. Do a historical look at the Packers rushing attempts per game over the las 10 years. Right in the middle of the league. Stop being dishonest about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.