Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Aditi Kinkhabwala @AKinkhabwala
    49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan won an @NFL game w/ a third-string 23-year old undrafted free agent at QB, one who’d had a 20-21 record at Southern Miss. But hey, if Shanahan had lost, he could’ve always said he couldn’t “run” his offense “b/c we didn’t have the players.” #Browns

AK is taking a shot at Hue Jackson's interview I believe.

But McCarthy can do this. He revved up Flynn to compete with the Patriots. But when he doesn't stretch himself its very business as usual.

I think we have passed the point he will change (he did not find his footing with Hundley last year) and think he probably should be gone. But the odds of getting someone better are pretty long.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Raiders are probably terrible next year, cap space is an illusion because of so few players under contract are young and part of the core moving forward:

https://twitter.com/MikeTanier/statu...51699667152898
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Aditi Kinkhabwala @AKinkhabwala
    49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan won an @NFL game w/ a third-string 23-year old undrafted free agent at QB, one who’d had a 20-21 record at Southern Miss. But hey, if Shanahan had lost, he could’ve always said he couldn’t “run” his offense “b/c we didn’t have the players.” #Browns

AK is taking a shot at Hue Jackson's interview I believe.
    Yes he is. Hue is trying to rehabilitate 3-36-1 to get a coordinator rather than a position coaching job. He may have to take a lower tier college job

But McCarthy can do this. He revved up Flynn to compete with the Patriots. But when he doesn't stretch himself its very business as usual.

I think we have passed the point he will change (he did not find his footing with Hundley last year) and think he probably should be gone. But the odds of getting someone better are pretty long.
    Stubby prepared his team and had a legit shot at beating the Rams on the road. There's not much wrong with the guy. Sometimes the truth is that you really don't have the horses. That's where the Packers are right now. With everyone healthy, they can field a strong offense with a weakness on the right side of the O-line and a fair defense with no pass rush. Because of the lack of depth, the margin is razor thin, but they can still win a lot of games. Stubby will have less cache if they lose, even if players are hurt. if Murph/Gute want to (are moving to) replace him, they better already have an idea who they want in his place and then keep their fingers crossed the Packers/Rodgers don't over-perform.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    It's so satisfying to finally have the talking heads see what many of us saw for so long. That Gruden was an overrated HC and is just a TV persona. Oakland is becoming worse than Cleveland, and they can thank Davis and Gruden for that.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    It's so satisfying to finally have the talking heads see what many of us saw for so long. That Gruden was an overrated HC and is just a TV persona. Oakland is becoming worse than Cleveland, and they can thank Davis and Gruden for that.
    I do think he is not quite this bad, he has 10 years and he is planning on tanking the first 2-3 of them. And if he doesn't survive the way he wished to, he will retire and collect most of his contract.

Really, its all about The Process.

This one is for Tank.

ChuckModi @ChuckModi1
    In studying white QBs, the gen rule is if any white hope QB can win 3 games in a row, the hype will be so great another team will blow millions on them.
    Since Nick Mullens next 2 games are Giants & Bucs, he has legit chance to hit White Hope QB Lotto. I’m dead serious.

Rotweiller just tore it up for three straight weeks: 135.4, 94.9, and 114.9, with 6 TDs and 3 INTs (ha ha, he was 4-5 mopping up at NE). Who cares if he was 1-2 and then got shelled against Houston. They will keep recycling this guy, he will get hot, someone will think they need a better QB and can rescue him (Gruden?) and then he gets the next big contract. lol. BRING BLACK KAP!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Anyone have the skinny on the Bruce Irvin release?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Appears to be a salary move in Gruden's "Drive to Oblivion".

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Appears to be a salary move in Gruden's "Drive to Oblivion".
    Gearing up for a lot of Gruden's Grinders signings.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    This one is for Tank.

ChuckModi @ChuckModi1
    In studying white QBs, the gen rule is if any white hope QB can win 3 games in a row, the hype will be so great another team will blow millions on them.
    Since Nick Mullens next 2 games are Giants & Bucs, he has legit chance to hit White Hope QB Lotto. I’m dead serious.
    All i’ll say is, I like my corners dark and my qbs pale (or mutant, like Kap), even though I support nfl oddity.

And, yes, I gotta get some new materials, but seriously, Mahomes looks like a white QB in full armor. Dude takes off his helmet and lo and behold, cornrows. I’m like, wtf, is he trying to be black like Post Malone, or is he really black?

Working on it. In the mean time ...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Before the trade deadline, the #Falcons had teams trying to trade for pass-rusher Vic Beasley. They decided to stick with him, not giving up on their former first-rounder or the season.

Perhaps Packers preferred someone else and think Irvin is done?

Probably goes without saying but they tried to trade him and no takers. Due $4 million if a waiver claim. So at first blush, if teams want him, they want him much cheaper.

Vic Tafur @VicTafur
    Breaking: #Raiders have cut defensive end Bruce Irvin, league sources said. Story to come

Odin Bathen Nonstad @Odinbn
    Full $8.25M in dead cap this year, no cap hit next year which is where the rebuilding starts. Big step in the right direction.

ONE RANDOM PERSON THINKS ITS A STRICTLY CAP MOVE FOR A GUY THAT WAS DUE BIG MONEY

AT SOME POINT I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ATHLETIC

https://t.co/2IgfFoyxaz

OK, FOLLOW ALONG, NEED TO TRANSLATE THE JOKE OUT OF THIS TWEET ABOUT THE ARTICLE

J.R. Furst @sports_poet
    Replying to @TheAthleticSF @VicTafur
    Typo: “Team sources said Irvin, one of the team captains, and coach Jon Gruden met Friday and discussed Irvin’s frustration with his lack of playing team.”

SO PLAYING TIME?

As complementary pass rusher, he was great last year with Mack. Career high 8 sacks. This year as primary guy, he has 3 and the Raiders have 7 as a team. Despite the contract seems like he might be a complementary piece. So, maybe?

He was not the base D starter. He had moved to DE in the new scheme but came out when they went heavy to protect against the rush. So still a tweener.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...de-bruce-irvin

Chad Beebe had 3 catches for 21 yards versus Loins. If Ras hadn't been so hammered, he would have told us. But, 10 sacks blurred his vision. Beebe is well-liked and was activated from the P Squad to fill in for Diggs.

The Dez Bryant experiment appears to be officially over with the Saints. It's reported he tore his achilles on the last play of practice Friday.

No wonder Packers didn't sign him. If he was worthy of being a Packer, he would have pulled a hamstring.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    The Dez Bryant experiment appears to be officially over with the Saints. It's reported he tore his achilles on the last play of practice Friday.
    lol!

what will be interesting is if they keep him around and let him rehab at their facilities or come to an injury settlement and get him off the property
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

With a win over the Failcons yesterday, Gregg Williams now has one third the victories as Head Coach of the Browns as Hue Jackson did.

With a win over the Failcons yesterday, Gregg Williams now has one third the victories as Head Coach of the Browns as Hue Jackson did.
    He's terrible but can coach a defense. Just as his son the Schwartz an do.