Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Le' veon Bell decides to site out the entire 2018 season. I think this will come back to haunt him.

Blog Entries
    The NFL's foreign efforts fails again.

The stadium in Mexico City (the turf) was damaged so severely by a concert, the MNF btw the Rams & Chiefs has been moved to LA.

The Rams are catching all the breaks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    The NFL's foreign efforts fails again.

The stadium in Mexico City (the turf) was damaged so severely by a concert, the MNF btw the Rams & Chiefs has been moved to LA.

The Rams are catching all the breaks this year.
    Blame Shakira's fans!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Is John Dorsey okay?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...d-coaching-job

Browns general manager John Dorsey said last week that he was open to hiring a woman as Cleveland's next head coach, and there is one prominent name on the team's wish list to interview.

The Browns would like to interview former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for their head-coaching job, a league source tells ESPN.

There is no way this is true. Hire her to be President of Football Operations? OK. Dumb but OK, she has baseline administrative experience in complex orgs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rivers McCown @riversmccown
    Experience with quagmires a plus!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There is no way this is true. Hire her to be President of Football Operations? OK. Dumb but OK, she has baseline administrative experience in complex orgs.
    Perhaps a novel approach to dealing with The Rooney Rule?

There wouldn't seem to be a lot of room for a hire in the Browns football operations area, unless some body hires Wolf as GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Perhaps a novel approach to dealing with The Rooney Rule?

There wouldn't seem to be a lot of room for a hire in the Browns football operations area, unless some body hires Wolf as GM.
    Its probably the former.

But I don't know what is worse, people on Twitter condemning the idea a woman could coach or the other idiots on Twitter saying she knows more football that 99% of those complaining on Twitter.

Being in the top percentile on Twitter might sound nice, but it doesn't make you a coach.

Maybe she could coach, maybe she couldn't. But I haven't seen a coherent argument for her ability to do so.

Mostly I think the idea was floated to gullible people.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its probably the former.

But I don't know what is worse, people on Twitter condemning the idea a woman could coach or the other idiots on Twitter saying she knows more football that 99% of those complaining on Twitter.

Being in the top percentile on Twitter might sound nice, but it doesn't make you a coach.

Maybe she could coach, maybe she couldn't. But I haven't seen a coherent argument for her ability to do so.

Mostly I think the idea was floated to gullible people.
    You can't be an NFL head coach without having some kind of coaching background. She would likely be more qualified to be involved in the hiring of a coach than in actually being a coach.

You can't be an NFL head coach without having some kind of coaching background. She would likely be more qualified to be involved in the hiring of a coach than in actually being a coach.
    I don't know. You have offensive and defensive coordinators who scheme and plan the install for practice.

You need to oversee them, not sure you have to be scheme doctor, and make sure they fix what needs to be fixed.

You need to make punt/kick and 4th down calls plus manage time. Monkeys do this better than most NFL coaches.

You need metrics to watch that other assistants are getting the job done. You need to communicate needs on personnel to GM.

I think it could be done with an executive approach. Bill doesn't call defense or offense and somehow the world of the Patriots spins on.

It'll never happen, because the talent pool is EXCLUSIVELY former coaches, but its not impossible to succeed with another approach.

Alex Smith leg snapped like a twig.....OUCH....

So did a Fake Rapport Twitter account foot the actual Schefter or what?

Condoleezza Rice
    4 hours ago
    I love my Browns -- and I know they will hire an experienced coach to take us to the next level.

On a more serious note, I do hope that the NFL will start to bring women into the coaching profession as position coaches and eventually coordinators and head coaches. One doesn't have to play the game to understand it and motivate players. But experience counts -- and it is time to develop a pool of experienced women coaches.

BTW -- I'm not ready to coach but I would like to call a play or two next season if the Browns need ideas! And at no time will I call for a "prevent defense."

Maybe you're not interpreting "head coach" correctly.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

And remember, the same people who hired Hue Jackson as head coach have hired Jon Gruden.

Geoff Schwartz @geoffschwartz
    Last comment on this (hopefully). Ppl are treating this situation like it’s commonplace. It’s never happened before. A fired head coach goes on a media tour, gets hired a few weeks after being fired for a division rival and helps the opposite side of the ball.

Mike Tanier@MikeTanier
    Then wants a hug-for-the-cameras from the QB he refused to give 1st-team reps, then name-dropped all the QBs he would have preferred drafting during his Media Blame Junket? Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE Bill Walsh never did that?

HUE SHOULD BE FREE TO WORK WHEREVER HE WISHES, BUT HE MOSTLY WISHES TO KEEP HIMSELF IN THE NEWS

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Video hurt as much as Cleveland did: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-tyreek-hill/

If there was video of that somehow surfacing, Kansas City would look a tiny bit different on offense.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If the women were black, nobody would give a fuck. Shit like this is why when God created the races, He put the blacks in Africa, the whites in Europe, and the yellows in Asia. To God, interracial relation is an abomination. Take note, Tex.

On a serious note, no excuse for Hunt’s actions. What’s the saying? Sticks and stones...
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    An Asian chick friend of mine once bitched slapped me for, regretfully, going out of line amid a Packer beat down at the hands of the fucking eagles during the Sherman era.

I turned the other cheek for I deserved it. But i’ve Hated the fucking eagles ever since. I hate the eagles more than I hate the bears, lions and queens combined.