Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He's apparently left a bunch of assistant coaches in a lurch.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
    The Colts' assistants you've seen reported (e.g. Matt Eberflus as DC) have signed contracts and have been in the team's building, sources say. Indications are they'll still be with the team, albeit under a different HC than McDaniels.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    Ian Rapoport Retweeted Mike Garafolo
    Not only that, but Josh McDaniels was calling assistants earlier today and offering them jobs. No more.

So what caused Robert Kraft to open up the wallet, or guarantee hoody-elect status? Did Bill tell Kraft he's gone in two years? Is Bill just scamming Josh by dangling successor status?

Stay tuned!
    He's almost certainly given some kind of succession guarantee because I can't imagine he'd get another serious shot elsewhere any time soon. His first stint as HC in Denver was a disaster on several levels and the image he crafted here was that of a pompous ass. Now this, backing out of a contract to coach a team after he'd agreed to terms and started hiring staff.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    He's almost certainly given some kind of succession guarantee because I can't imagine he'd get another serious shot elsewhere any time soon. His first stint as HC in Denver was a disaster on several levels and the image he crafted here was that of a pompous ass. Now this, backing out of a contract to coach a team after he'd agreed to terms and started hiring staff.
    I agree. Has to be.

Which is why I am hoping Hoody Sr. is playing him
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Maybe he realized Patriots are on Colts schedule last year.

Another possibility: McDaniels really was serious about giving it some thought before committing to Indy. He went home, slept on it, and had an unspeakable nightmare about sharing a two-story house with Robert Irsay, his mistress and a Somoan lawyer. End of deliberations.

Could it be something related to Andy Luck's injury? I agree this is really weird and doesn't reflect well on him.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    If you want j-mac to coach your team, throw in the gm title also.

The good normal Belichickist desires to utilize Belichickism in a Belichickish environment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-with-patriots

" Schefter and Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reported the Patriots sweetened McDaniels' contract and that his family also played a factor in him staying in New England. The 41-year-old Ohio native has previously cited his family as a reason for remaining with the Patriots, and the team also reportedly clarified that Belichick would return for the 2018 season, per Reiss."

Comment woodbuck27:

This is hardly an unusual or dramatic move on behalf of Josh McDaniels.

1. Wifey and the Kids didn't want to move to Indy. Wifey is really SMART.

2. Josh McDaniels is simply a Man who 'knows which side of his bread is buttered'.

3. Indy looks a lot like Denver in terms of the future and success.

4. Indy and Andrew Luck Vs New England and Tom Brady.

5. New England! Vs Indy? An easy decision based on which organization has a Record of Winning and Success.

Write all of them down on a piece of paper and fold them over and toss all of them into a hat and one by one draw them out and read each.

What man not named ( #&^!^+ ) is moving?

Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-07-2018 at 07:04 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    If you want j-mac to coach your team, throw in the gm title also.

The good normal Belichickist desires to utilize Belichickism in a Belichickish environment.
    Oooh, brilliant idea! In his last gig McDaniels showed himself to be inept as a head coach so let's promote him beyond the level of his incompetence. We'll call it the Peter2 principle!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Oooh, brilliant idea! In his last gig McDaniels showed himself to be inept as a head coach so let's promote him beyond the level of his incompetence. We'll call it the Peter2 principle!
    People do learn and grow (hopefully).

Putting Josh McDaniels down, based on any past failure is like putting yourself down.

I prefer to look at it realistically:

For Josh McDaniels New England is like that FREE, 'all expense paid' trip to anywhere in the world 'four not three week' annual vacation.

Do you give that up?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Belichick himself went 36–44 in his first gig with the Browns. That failure did not prevent Ole Bill from becoming the GOAT.

J-Mac holds PhDs in Belichickology and Belichickism.

J-Mac failed in Denver mainly b/c he was an arrogant motherfucker. First day on the job, he called Cutler in and demeaned the gunslinger with an arrogance that would make the current fishmonger in the White House proud.

Was Cutler Canton-bound? Nope. But in a QB-plagued league, Cutler for Orton was an obvious downgrade. Had J-Mac sought to tame Cutler instead, ala Favre and Holmgren, he might still be in Denver today.

Regardless, the Denver debacle has humbled J-Mac. Give him another chance to run the entire shebang and he will rock the world like Coldplay.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-with-patriots

" Schefter and Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reported the Patriots sweetened McDaniels' contract and that his family also played a factor in him staying in New England. The 41-year-old Ohio native has previously cited his family as a reason for remaining with the Patriots, and the team also reportedly clarified that Belichick would return for the 2018 season, per Reiss."

Comment woodbuck27:

This is hardly an unusual or dramatic move on behalf of Josh McDaniels.

1. Wifey and the Kids didn't want to move to Indy. Wifey is really SMART.

2. Josh McDaniels is simply a Man who 'knows which side of his bread is buttered'.

3. Indy looks a lot like Denver in terms of the future and success.

4. Indy and Andrew Luck Vs New England and Tom Brady.

5. New England! Vs Indy? An easy decision based on which organization has a Record of Winning and Success.

Write all of them down on a piece of paper and fold them over and toss all of them into a hat and one by one draw them out and read each.

What man not named ( #&^!^+ ) is moving?
    Good post.

But I'm guessing J-Mac would've taken the Indy job on the spot had Irsay also offered the GM title. It's no secret that J-Mac wants to run the entire shebang like Ole Bill. And Luck, when he's healthy, he's a damn good quarterback.

Then there's also the Kraft factor. Apparently, Kraft is still bitter about the Deflatgate ordeal. He's probably like, "I'll pay J-Mac more than what he would've made in Indy as HC just to fuck up the Colts for fucking with us."
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
    Source close to situation says clarity on Bill Belichick's status in New England (Belichick is locked in to coach Patriots in 2018) and stability for family among top factors for Josh McDaniels' sudden change.

The family thing is almost always a dodge. So this means as of right now, Hoody the Smaller thinks he is the heir apparent.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
    Source close to situation says clarity on Bill Belichick's status in New England (Belichick is locked in to coach Patriots in 2018) and stability for family among top factors for Josh McDaniels' sudden change.

The family thing is almost always a dodge. So this means as of right now, Hoody the Smaller thinks he is the heir apparent.
    That's exactly it. This is all the talk this morn on the NFL Network.

Giving Josh McDaniels more money wasn't going to keep him in New England.

Certainly, 'a hand shake offer'. that he'll eventually replace Bill Belichick, would do the trick, and that coupled with satisfying his Wife's and Childrens desires to not make another move was 'the one' that led to ' ** that two'.

** That two:

Again ... being the HC of an organization that he's in all likelihood now permanently married to; as what other NFL Team now will seriously offer him a HC Position?

Is replacing Belichick a good job to have? Seems like Mission Impossible. Brady may well be gone too. I think he would have been better off in Indy with a 28-year-old Andrew Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Is replacing Belichick a good job to have? Seems like Mission Impossible. Brady may well be gone too. I think he would have been better off in Indy with a 28-year-old Andrew Luck.
    You may be right.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

Has to. There are only 32 head coaching gigs. Passing up the opportunity for 1 can be a career ending move. Who knows if there is going to be a hot OC or DC next year that NE will like better than McDaniels a year or two years from now.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Your questioning Josh McDaniels personal decision and business to conduct his personal affairs? Clearly a large part of that decision was Family Orientated.

We're now aware what an important role Ernie Adams (Director of Football Research ) plays in the success of the New England Patriots. The Idiom 'Joined at the hip' comes to my mind.

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2018/02...is-ernie-adams

The Patriots' Secret Weapon: Who is Ernie Adams?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Has to. There are only 32 head coaching gigs. Passing up the opportunity for 1 can be a career ending move. Who knows if there is going to be a hot OC or DC next year that NE will like better than McDaniels a year or two years from now.
    Hey Poker Star !

You Guys are hilarious and this comes to mind:

Sports Illustrated.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/06/of...y-quarterbacks

NFL Offseason Is in Business: 10 Storylines to Watch

1. Ratings down, rights fees up.

2. Millennial Nation.

3. Activism will continue, but will protests?

4. Carolina on my mind.

5. Kissing Cousins.

6. Quarterback Musical Chairs.

7. Free agency 2018.

8. Concussion conundrum.

9. What’s a Catch?

10. Legalized gambling? Bet on it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry-is-back-on/

Chris Ballard’s last words: “The rivalry is back on”

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 7, 2018, 11:34 AM EST