Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Jay Glazer

Verified account

@JayGlazer
    6m6 minutes ago
    More
    With Brees done, saints know what their cap, still want a 3-technique and DB but jimmy graham reunion is top priority if they can pull off

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
    19s20 seconds ago
    More
    Former Giants’ C-G Weston Richburg intends to sign a 5-year deal with the SF 49ers when free agency opens, per source.

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
    5m5 minutes ago
    More
    Former Lions’ DT Haloti Ngata intends to sign a one-year deal with Eagles, per @mortreport and me.

Multiple reports have Kirk Cousins signing with the Minnesota Vikings once free agency opens on Wednesday, including Mark Rosen at WCCO News. According to Rosen, the deal is worth $28 million a year, though there are no details on the length.

Rosen’s report has been independently confirmed by Benjamin Allbright at Mile High Sports Radio and the contract-tracking website Spotrac also reports the $28 million figure.

The Vikings chose not to tag their quarterback from last year, Case Keenum, and Keenum has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Denver Broncos.

Cousins posted a top-five statistical season for the Washington Redskins in 2016, but fell out of the top ten in most statistical categories for 2017.

NFL Media reports that Trey Burton is expected to sign a four-year, $32 million contract with the Bears when the new league year starts on Wednesday afternoon. The Bears are also expected to sign wide receiver Allen Robinson as they remake their offense under new head coach Matt Nagy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Multiple reports have Kirk Cousins signing with the Minnesota Vikings once free agency opens on Wednesday, including Mark Rosen at WCCO News. According to Rosen, the deal is worth $28 million a year, though there are no details on the length.

Rosen’s report has been independently confirmed by Benjamin Allbright at Mile High Sports Radio and the contract-tracking website Spotrac also reports the $28 million figure.

The Vikings chose not to tag their quarterback from last year, Case Keenum, and Keenum has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Denver Broncos.

Cousins posted a top-five statistical season for the Washington Redskins in 2016, but fell out of the top ten in most statistical categories for 2017.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Vikings are in the driver’s seat for free agent QB Kirk Cousins. They offered him a 3-year, $28M per year deal. It is not over. But if the visit goes well, he is likely to sign there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Vikings are in the driver’s seat for free agent QB Kirk Cousins. They offered him a 3-year, $28M per year deal. It is not over. But if the visit goes well, he is likely to sign there.
    Pretty sure it's basically done, I supposed the Jets could offer 35mil at the last minute but I would guess they made their pitch.

Matt Bowen

Verified account

@MattBowen41
    Follow Follow @MattBowen41
    More
    The Chiefs are also expected to sign linebacker Anthony Hitchens when free agency opens. The former Hawkeye has the physicality to win versus the run game and his athleticism jumps on film. Hitchens can track the ball in space

Tom Pelissero

Verified account

@TomPelissero
    14s14 seconds ago
    More
    No surprise: the #Browns have tendered Josh Gordon as an exclusive rights free agent. He has four credited seasons, so it's worth $790,000.

That is so much money for a slightly above average starter

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    That is so much money for a slightly above average starter
    Agreed....although options are somewhat limited. The Vikings have a ton of cap space and the dude did throw for 13k yards over the last three years.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Pretty sure it's basically done, I supposed the Jets could offer 35mil at the last minute but I would guess they made their pitch.
    S'up Ras. What's up with the Queens' perpetual turnovers at the QB position? Stick with Keenum a bit longer and he could've morphed into a more accurate Tarkenton. Plus, the dude was the only QB in Queens history willing to lead the gay SKOL cheer. Favre would never do it. Ditto, Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Christian Ponder, George(?) Webb, Bridgewater, Bradford, Brooks Bollinger, Brad Johnson, and not even Daunte Culpepper.

To paraphrase Passenger: You only know you've been high when you're feeling low/Only hate the road when you're missing home/Only know you love Keenum when you let him go.

And you let him go
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    S'up Ras. What's up with the Queens' perpetual turnovers at the QB position? Stick with Keenum a bit longer and he could've morphed into a more accurate Tarkenton. Plus, the dude was the only QB in Queens history willing to lead the gay SKOL cheer. Favre would never do it. Ditto, Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Christian Ponder, George(?) Webb, Bridgewater, Bradford, Brooks Bollinger, Brad Johnson, and not even Daunte Culpepper.

To paraphrase Passenger: You only know you've been high when you're feeling low/Only hate the road when you're missing home/Only know you love Keenum when you let him go.

And you let him go
    I wish him well, seems like a good guy.

I wish him well, seems like a good guy.
    ESPN is reporting that the Queens will indeed sign Captian Kirk. 3 years at $84, all guaranteed.

Hopefully that contract handicaps the Queens' ability to retain that overrated D.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    ESPN is reporting that the Queens will indeed sign Captian Kirk. 3 years at $84, all guaranteed.

Hopefully that contract handicaps the Queens' ability to retain that overrated D.
    wow. so that's what...5 straight years he's been fully guaranteed? #BANK. now he's in the history books for the first fully guaranteed multi-year deal in the nfl cap era.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    wow. so that's what...5 straight years he's been fully guaranteed? #BANK. now he's in the history books for the first fully guaranteed multi-year deal in the nfl cap era.
    That is how you play the system

And it’s why no player should ever bitch about the franchise tag being slapped on them

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Not sure if Captain Kirk is an elite QB, but he sure is being paid like one.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

And it’s why no player should ever bitch about the franchise tag being slapped on them
    Disagree. Football is a violent game. The next time a player gets tackled, it could be his last; happened to J-Mike, unfortunately. The tag isn't exactly the minimum-wage, but pretty sure the majority of the players desire to play under multi-year, preferably guaranteed, contracts with protections against injuries.

Wanted to post this a few days ago but couldn't with the site being down. This is for the Schneider is God, TT sucks crowd.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-nfl-offseason

Over four drafts, the Seahawks drafted five players -- Britt, Clark, Lockett, Reed, and [deep sigh] Ifedi -- who are likely to be starters for the team in 2018. Over their previous three drafts, Schneider and the Seahawks might have drafted four Hall of Famers in Sherman, Thomas, Wagner and Wilson, let alone an entire second tier of Pro Bowl-caliber contributors in guys such as Chancellor, Tate and Russell Okung. It would have been impossible for Schneider to keep that hit rate going, but nobody could have expected the Seahawks to fall off as much as they did over the four ensuing drafts.
    It seems likely that Seattle will invest at least one draft pick in a cornerback, hoping that Carroll can help develop him the way he developed late-round selections such as Maxwell and Sherman in years past.

Only one problem, then: The Seahawks are missing their second- and third-round picks as a result of the Brown and Richardson deals. It would hardly be a surprise to see Schneider trade down from No. 18 in the first round to try to get an extra top-100 pick, even given what happened last year, when Seattle repeatedly traded down and ended up with seven of the top 111 picks in the draft. The Seahawks need to acquire talented players on cheap contracts to fill in for that missing generation of draft picks.
    Go PACK

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
    Following Following @AdamSchefter
    More
    Sam Bradford intends to sign with Arizona, source tells ESPN.

edit:

Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
    52s52 seconds ago
    More
    The #AZCardinals are signing QB Sam Bradford to a 1-year deal worth $20M, source said, with an option year at $20M.
    Last edited by Rastak; 03-13-2018 at 01:40 PM.