Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers Offseason News, Non Draft, Non Big Ticket FA

Official Packers Offseason News, Non Draft, Non Big Ticket FA

That clear enough for ya?

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    New GM Brian Gutekunst is on the board: #Packers have signed RB Joel Bouagnon (6-2, 230), a first-year player from Northern Illinois. He previously spent time with the #Bears.

It fits a team in the mold of Ted that the first FA signed by the new regime looks likely to play fullback.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That clear enough for ya?

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    New GM Brian Gutekunst is on the board: #Packers have signed RB Joel Bouagnon (6-2, 230), a first-year player from Northern Illinois. He previously spent time with the #Bears.

It fits a team in the mold of Ted that the first FA signed by the new regime looks likely to play fullback.
    A strong statement. The new look Packers. We're going to get off the bus running!

Possible return for Tramontana? (I don't think he would qualify as a big ticket FA)

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018...amon-williams/

Hiring Mike Pettine as defensive coordinator has opened up an intriguing possibility for the Green Bay Packers.

Could they team bring back veteran cornerback Tramon Williams, who played for Pettine in Cleveland in 2015 and is now coming off a strong year in Arizona?
    Williams will turn 35 in March, making him ancient in cornerback years. But his performance in Arizona this past season suggests he still has something left in the tank, and Pettine and the Packers could use a veteran cornerback with knowledge of the system. Williams signed a one-year deal in Arizona and will soon be a free agent.

I hesitate to point out that Tramontana was horrible in Pettine's years there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He was a Brown. Just going along with the program. He was pretty banged up his last years with the Packers. I wonder if he's healthier now. If they brought him back, it would be more for his knowledge of the offense than anything else.

Hell no to any 35 year old DB.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It wasn't all his fault, but he is beyond finished. The question I don't recall the answer to is whether Poteet wanted Williams or whether Farmer brought him in on his own. It seemed to be both to fit their 'veteran heavy' approach. But nothing could save them from the Manzier/Gilbert draft debacle.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    With the possible exceptions of a Charles Woodson or a Darrel Green. I don't think Tramon qualifies.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Terrance Newman says hi from the NFCC game, even if he is a no 3. For the right price I'd sign Tramontana and have him help coach King and Randall.

That could hopefully allow more resources to bigger money FAs and draft picks. Maybe a big OLB FA and a speedy stud ILB for Pettine's new D?
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Terrance Newman says hi from the NFCC game, even if he is a no 3. For the right price I'd sign Tramontana and have him help coach King and Randall.

That could hopefully allow more resources to bigger money FAs and draft picks. Maybe a big OLB FA and a speedy stud ILB for Pettine's new D?
    I think *every* Packer writer who saw the Packers start safeties at slot corner or risk rookie or second year CBs there, was thinking of Newman when they all wrote this year that Ted needed veteran depth.

Quick, name how much cap room the Packers have after signing Adams and Linsley during the season. Its not $10 mil anymore.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Packers’ CB Damarious Randall is undergoing hand surgery today and will need six to eight weeks to recover, per a league source.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Packers’ CB Damarious Randall is undergoing hand surgery today and will need six to eight weeks to recover, per a league source.
    I heard his middle finger (right hand) was frozen in an upright position.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

As OP, I am calling this article fair game because it discusses FA in the general sense, not current developments or signings.

And I begin by pointing out as the article does, that of the four remaining teams, each has used Free Agency successfully.

Sure, you might point out that no team refuses to use FA and ANY set of four playoff semi-finalists could qualify for that idiot description, but why let that get in the way of delivering yourself to the opinion that the lack of FA is why the Packers aren't again in the NFC Championship game. Sure, it did not stop them from being there 4 times in the last decade, but now is what is important.

You might also note that the article doesn't go into detail about FA misses and how much that costs these teams as they missed the playoffs (minus New England) for the last decade or so.

But cause and effect people.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ay/1030814001/

I watch the playoffs every year to the end to figure out what model the Packers need to follow for long-term success. The only consistent answer has been to have Bill Belichick.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I watch the playoffs every year to the end to figure out what model the Packers need to follow for long-term success. The only consistent answer has been to have Bill Belichick.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Hiring a capable DC is a good first step.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quick, name how much cap room the Packers have after signing Adams and Linsley during the season. Its not $10 mil anymore.
    $3.5 mil
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    $3.5 mil
    I am glad Jimmy Graham will sign such a team friendly contract.

I am glad Jimmy Graham will sign such a team friendly contract.
    Well he can’t sign with the Packers until after March 1 anyways. Only way to use up more cap now is to sign another Packer or trade picks for someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.