Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Dead serious, need someone to check my cap math there.

Everyone is reporting Packers at $19.6 mil. That does not include rookie pool ($8.7 mil). If it did it would be 10.9 million of room.

But I don't get the discrepancy between the public number 19.6-8.7=10.9 and the number I get when I add up all the particulars (7.0).

People cannot be quoting salary cap numbers without counting dead cap space can they?
every fucking year

8.7 million for rookies does not mean the rookies will take up 8.7 million in cap space

i don't feel like doing my own thing again for the god knows how many-th years in a row

just read this

https://overthecap.com/explaining-th...ie-salary-cap/

in short. rookies take the place of other guys on the 53 man roster. 3rd round picks and later basicaly don't add to the cap because they make the minimum and are replacing guys who also made the minimum.

2nd round picks make about a half million a year more then minimum. which leaves just the first round pick that actually adds anything to the cap.

for the packers last year since they traded out of the first. king got about 300,000 more then the minimum, and adams got just over the minimum. so last year the rookie class took up between 500,000 and a million of our cap space