Thread: Official Packers Offseason News, Non Draft, Non Big Ticket FA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Now that the Packers have paid Adams, they're paying market value for everybody. But unless we expect Jordy and Cobb to produce below their cap number minus the penalty for cutting them, this is just the reality for 2018.

Its the story of our whole team... individually nobody seems like a ripoff; aggregated, you wonder why we're paying so much for the product on the field.
    Packers would save about 10 million by releasing Jordy. 10 million puts you in the top 15 highest paid WR's. I don't see Jordy returning to that status.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers would save about 10 million by releasing Jordy. 10 million puts you in the top 15 highest paid WR's. I don't see Jordy returning to that status.
    This is completely discounting opportunity costs. First, the top 15 highest paid WRs is not the same as the best 15 WRs. Second 10M may buy a Keenan Allen level talent if that deal was an extension from 2016... but that's not the same as saying Keenan Allen could be bought in 2018 FA for 10M. He couldn't. I think if cut Jordy is likely to get 10M elsewhere. He's making close to market value. If we were to release him and go after someone better, this likely makes the highest paid unit in the league more highly paid.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.