Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers Offseason News, Non Draft, Non Big Ticket FA

I guess this qualifies as Packer news?

For a guy who kept his mouth shut and played the game, Witten isn't taking too long to get into the swing of things, stirring shit and creating headlines instead of reporting on them.

Dez to the Packers? I highly doubt it.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...l-be-a-packer/
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

For a guy who kept his mouth shut and played the game, Witten isn't taking too long to get into the swing of things, stirring shit and creating headlines instead of reporting on them.

he's a talking head not a journo. it's not like the subject hasn't been a topic of conversation since the moment he was released either.

I don't want talking heads pretending to be reporters. It never works out well. Let them speculate and theorize on stories. They aren't reporters. They are people paid to give their opinions. And never the lines shall blur. Amen.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Well he did put THINK in his article so he was clearly just giving an opinion on the subject. Not sure we're beating him up for an off the cuff speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I don't want talking heads pretending to be reporters. It never works out well. Let them speculate and theorize on stories. They aren't reporters. They are people paid to give their opinions. And never the lines shall blur. Amen.
    Is James Jones a reporter? Jones is friends with a lot of Packers/Ex-Packers, so said players give him a tons of insider info. Wasn't Jones the first to break the news about Jordy and Burnett?

Perhaps Dez has told Witten he's leaning toward donning the Green and Gold. Get it done, Gute!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Is James Jones a reporter? Jones is friends with a lot of Packers/Ex-Packers, so said players give him a tons of insider info. Wasn't Jones the first to break the news about Jordy and Burnett?

Perhaps Dez has told Witten he's leaning toward donning the Green and Gold. Get it done, Gute!
    But unlike Jones, this doesn't seem to be sourced or breaking news. He seems to agree with popular speculation.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Won't happen. Nothing to see here.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I think it will happen. Why wouldn't it happen? It makes too much sense to not happen. We need receivers. Dez is a great receiver with rare physical gifts. His dwindling production is a by-product of terrible QB play. I'm 100% on board with bringing in Dezzy poo.

I just read an article on Packers 24/7 saying the Packers are NOT expected to sign Dez - THANKFULLY!

Bryant's "rare physical gifts" have faded drastically the last few years, and his penchant for pouting and disrupting a team are as strong as ever. Having seen him play for my second favorite team, I DON'T WANT ANY PART OF HIM!

That plus the fact that we have 9 or 10 quality WRs now, and probably can't keep more than 6 or 7 at most.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Well he did put THINK in his article so he was clearly just giving an opinion on the subject. Not sure we're beating him up for an off the cuff speculation.
    yup. he was being opinion guy (his new job).

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Won't happen. Nothing to see here.
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I just read an article on Packers 24/7 saying the Packers are NOT expected to sign Dez - THANKFULLY!

Bryant's "rare physical gifts" have faded drastically the last few years, and his penchant for pouting and disrupting a team are as strong as ever. Having seen him play for my second favorite team, I DON'T WANT ANY PART OF HIM!

That plus the fact that we have 9 or 10 quality WRs now, and probably can't keep more than 6 or 7 at most.
    without a team source quoted they're just guessing too. sure he's not what he was but he's better than allison. he'll be super motivated too. i'd consider him for the one year (i'll show the cowboys, and the rest of the league, they fucked up) contract he says he wants.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    source?
    Don't make me come over there.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Don't make me come over there.

I don't have a team source, but outside of Dougherty and Demovsky, no one has a better pipeline into the Packers than Ian Rapaport, he of the oft-denied but ultimately true move toward smaller, quicker D lineman.

Rap Sheet says:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    New TV analyst Jason Witten isn't wrong. The #Packers have been considered a possible Dez Bryant landing spot... but they aren't engaged now and nothing is imminent.

Which is a very kind and long way to put this fact forward: everyone seems to think its a good idea except the Packers.

Which also means that all this stuff probably stems from Dez's side of the aisle.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That's not happening for too many reasons and why?

1. The Packers invested heavy in the Draft and WR; and what is remaining of their CAP as any potential offer?

2. If he was signed as a Packer!? Will Dez suddenly arrive in 'the Green And Gold' and play football and stop with the child like drama (s)?

3. What might the Packers be willing to even possibly offer Dez Bryant on 'a prove it one year Vet contract' Vs what Dez believes he is worth?

4. Will Dez Bryant be worth the risk and be that NO. 1/2 WR the Packers really need to upgrade what looks like 'a Pop Gun Offense' and the WR Position?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Still available in free agency:

1. Luke Joeckel, who was a bust at tackle but had switched to guard in the last two years.
    2. Connor Barwin
    3. Brett Celek - another in a long line of Eagle TEs I like but cannot distinguish between. It started with Jeff Thomason.

http://www.packtothefuture.com/artic...is-off-season/

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

I count 4 QUALITY players, if you throw Jimmy G in at WR.

1. Adams: Not a bona fide #1. A concussion or two away from retirement.

2. Cobb: Glad he's still donning the Green and Gold, but diminutive body can only take so many hits.

3. Graham: Love the signing, but Graham's not a bomb threat.

4. MVS: Speed is awesome, but a rook. Rooks usually take time to develop.

The rest are, to paraphrase Dr. Strange, insignificant matters rotting away in an indifferent universe. Gute needs to sign Dez. Quick.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Gute needs to sign Dez. Quick.
    “The [inability] to win one-on-one, to win downfield. There was inconsistency, as well as some huge things in his play. … It’s a production-based business,” Cowboys vice president of player personnel Will McClay explained in a radio interview on ESPN 103.3 FM.
    His own team's view of him.