Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers Offseason News, Non Draft, Non Big Ticket FA

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky

Confirmed ERFA tenders so far:
    Justin McCray
    Michael Clark
    Donatello Brown
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
    49s50 seconds ago
    More
    The Packers have tendered QB Joe Callahan as an exclusive rights free agent. So when the new league year opens tomorrow, they'll have four QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hundley, DeShone Kizer and Joe Callahan. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...065896956636-4

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Rob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
    49s50 seconds ago
    More
    The Packers have tendered QB Joe Callahan as an exclusive rights free agent. So when the new league year opens tomorrow, they'll have four QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hundley, DeShone Kizer and Joe Callahan. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...065896956636-4
    Enough for four camp arms.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Rob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
    49s50 seconds ago
    More
    Really does anyone see a REAL Backup QB there.

The NFL is changing all the time and the Backup QB position may have overtaken the LT position in terms of Roster importance.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
    Blake Martinez led the league in tackles and led the Packers in performance-based bonus money. He picks up an extra $384,389.

I'll bet all those tackles were 6 yards past the LOS and drag downs too.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ers/423804002/

With free agency set to begin at 3 p.m. Wednesday, league sources said the Packers could be priced out of retaining unrestricted free-agent safety Morgan Burnett. The Packers had exploratory conversations with Burnett’s representation two weeks ago at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, sources said. At the time, one source said, Burnett’s asking price averaged more than $8.5 million annually.

That would be a significant raise from the four-year, $24.75 million extension Burnett signed in 2013, though also emblematic of the NFL’s rapidly rising salary
    One source doubted Burnett would get his asking price on the open market, saying the overall poor showing last season from the Packers’ defense could limit his earning potential. If his price drops, the Packers could be in the mix. With Ha Ha Clinton-Dix’s struggles last season, a source suggested the Packers would be hesitant to lose their most experienced safety.
    I think he gets it, or at least gets close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ers/423804002/

I think he gets it, or at least gets close to it.

He will get it from someone else. While he is not great, he will be one more puzzle piece that they won't quite replace.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

The NFL is changing all the time and the Backup QB position may have overtaken the LT position in terms of Roster importance.
    +1
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

This is an interesting insight. I think there's a lot of merit to it, but rising to the level of starting LT goes too far. Look at Minnesota - they had three backup QBs on their roster, and all pretty much got starting jobs. They could only afford Cousins and will have to scoop up some schlub to be their backup. Not everyone will fare as well as Philly in the backups they can afford.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    ....and the defense almost always looked confused
    Just rewatched part of Carolina game and once Randall sprints back on the field, doesn't know where to line up and TO called. Another time, same thing and then he gives up 20+ yard gainer because he lets McCaffrey run free underneath. Randall may have single-handedly disrupted the defense due to pure idiocy. That, coupled with his terrible attitude is a very good reason to get rid of him. Addition by subtraction.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Just rewatched part of Carolina game and once Randall sprints back on the field, doesn't know where to line up and TO called. Another time, same thing and then he gives up 20+ yard gainer because he lets McCaffrey run free underneath. Randall may have single-handedly disrupted the defense due to pure idiocy. That, coupled with his terrible attitude is a very good reason to get rid of him. Addition by subtraction.
    It wasn't all Randall. They were explaining weekly why Jones wasn't where he was supposed to be and the safeties were always arguing with underneath or wide defenders.

wist isn't wrong in placing some blame on the coaching staff (he might be scattershot in blaming ILBs, soft n' small, 2-4 and Packer draft history) but something never gelled for them after 2010 when the pass defense fell apart during 2011.

Its probably too superficial to blame everything that subsequently happened to Capers D on that year of transition (though I do think with a year and an offseason to tinker, offenses figured out how to attack the new base nickel). But its worth remembering this is when McCarthy began to insist nickel be the new normal and the defense needed to be ready to play "personnel packages" against offenses of the day.

I never got the sense that Capers found a way to make it work seamlessly especially in the back end. Its very weird because I think he was a DB coach. Somehow the blitzes seemed coordinated but the coverage did not. And toward the end they were throwing everything they could at it. The old Pittsburgh teams didn't play any Cover 0.

The whole thing needed a reset and I hope M3 stays out of it. My remaining concern is Whitt. He might be the genius developer of man coverage CBs, but man those guys contributed to a lot of boneheaded mistakes.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-14-2018 at 12:49 PM.

^^^ All good points. I remember Capers rolling his eyes when my buddy asked him about Stubby giving input in his coaching meetings. Capers needed to go, but so did Randall. Probably will be just as good for Randall, but only if Cleveland improves.

Comment
    woodbuck27:Is S Morgan Burnett asking for too much money as a Packer?

I'm betting he gets what he desires in Green Bay or elsewhere. Will the Packers essentially start fresh at DB?

Randall was cast away in a sensible Trade IMO; but allowing Morgan Burnett to walk doesn't seem sensible to me.

" The Packers had exploratory conversations with Burnett’s representation two weeks ago at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, sources said. At the time, one source said, Burnett’s asking price averaged more than $8.5 million annually.

That would be a significant raise from the four-year, $24.75 million extension Burnett signed in 2013, though also emblematic of the NFL’s rapidly rising salary cap."
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Small hiccup in the Herb Waters will start at CB for the Packers next year plan.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    #Packers did not make tender offer to CB Herb Waters, who was on IR last season. Had some promise before hurting shoulder. LS Taybor Pepper, P Jacob Schum and LB Joe Thomas also not tendered. All are free agent

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Packers talked about a possible extension with Randall Cobb, but his contract remains as it is for now. Instead, it’s Jordy Nelson on the way out.

Ian Rapoport must have talked about this on TV because the only evidence of the numbers I can find is someone else's Tweet about the report. @RapSheet did Retweet it though.

Jason B. Hirschhorn @by_JBH
    The Packers' deal for Jimmy Graham pays $30 million over three years, according to @RapSheet. Graham will earn $22 million of that amount over the first two years of the deal.
    11:25 PM - 13 Mar 2018

Adam Schefter
    ‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    40m40 minutes ago

Packers and Raiders have expressed interest in signing free-agent CB Rashaan Melvin.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Adam Schefter
    ‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    40m40 minutes ago

Packers and Raiders have expressed interest in signing free-agent CB Rashaan Melvin.
    I like this interest:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/p...-for-green-bay

" ... In his two years in Indianapolis, Melvin has played in 25 games, starting 19 of them. His 2017 season featured three interceptions and 13 pass breakups in ten games (all starts); according to Pro Football Focus, he allowed just two touchdowns last season and a passer rating of just 60.3 into his coverage, which ranked 12th in the entire NFL.

Time will tell whether the Packers end up signing Melvin, but it is at least encouraging to finally see the team showing interest in a player at his position. ..."

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...-justin-mccray

PACKERS ROSTER TRANSACTIONS

PACKERS FREE AGENCY 2018

Packers Free Agency: Green Bay finalizes RFA & ERFA tenders

".. The Packers are bringing back several of their players who are light on experience, but that group does not include either of the team’s restricted free agents. ..."

By Evan "Tex" Western@TexWestern Mar 14, 2018, 3:33 PM CDT

"According to an NFL ...two of the Packers’ exclusive-rights free agents have not received their minimum salary tenders, and are therefore free agents.

Those players are long snapper Taybor Pepper and cornerback Herb Waters.

#Packers DT Quinton Dials receiving interest right off the bat. Will visit the #Lions and #Seahawks. Was a good fit in the locker room and on the field after being picked up from #49ers.

Would be sad to see him go. Whale of a backup and very sturdy. He played well last season and was significant part of the line having a great year. Not much pass rush though.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    #Packers DT Quinton Dials receiving interest right off the bat. Will visit the #Lions and #Seahawks. Was a good fit in the locker room and on the field after being picked up from #49ers.

Would be sad to see him go. Whale of a backup and very sturdy. He played well last season and was significant part of the line having a great year. Not much pass rush though.
    Get one lose one.