Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i just turned on the eagle falcons game at halftime and the entire upper deck was empty. has it been this way for the whole game, or are the fans there just a bunch of pussies that can't take the cold so every single one of them went inside to get warm?
    I was wondering the same thing. I guess they can't handle a little wind.

for all those that said the packers team wasn't bad because any team that lost their star QB would be as bad as we were, the eagles are going to the NFC chanpionship game after losing their QB who was probably going to win the MVP before his injury

with better players and coaching you CAN withstand an injury to your QB

for all those that said the packers team wasn't bad because any team that lost their star QB would be as bad as we were, the eagles are going to the NFC chanpionship game after losing their QB who was probably going to win the MVP before his injury

There is something to be said for having a backup QB who has played before.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar

Having one of the best defenses in the NFL helps.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Having one of the best defenses in the NFL helps.
    That's exactly the point. It would be nice to have a TEAM that isn't entirely dependent on 1 player having to perform at an all-world level just to be competitive. One thing the playoffs tell me year after year is that you still need a good to great D to win the Superb Owl. Teams with video game offenses and pathetic D's just don't win it.

Eagles had back to back 7-9 records the previous 2 years.. and a 4 win year a few years prior to that. A lot easier to reload that way.
    Go PACK

How many games did Wentz miss?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

But there were 2 teams in that game. The falcons are wasting Matt Ryan. OMG...OMG...EVERY team should be built to win the superbowl every year.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Refs are giving the game to New England.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Eagles had back to back 7-9 records the previous 2 years.. and a 4 win year a few years prior to that. A lot easier to reload that way.
    No, they are just a superior organization and TT sucks.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Refs are giving the game to New England.
    Gronk with veteran shoulder shrug well after contact for holding Call was especially cute.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    But there were 2 teams in that game. The falcons are wasting Matt Ryan. OMG...OMG...EVERY team should be built to win the superbowl every year.
    I agree. Atlanta should have won it last year and they were one catch away from winning today. Plus, they have a top ten defense.

Huh. Dick LeBeau defense getting torched in Foxboro. Some things never change.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Mariota does not look like a guy who should have been the #2 pick in the draft.

I agree. Atlanta should have won it last year and they were one catch away from winning today. Plus, they have a top ten defense.
    Philly D players in locker room said they knew what they would run on 4th down. Steve Sarkisian is apparently no Kyle Shanahan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How many games did Wentz miss?

How many games did Sam Bradford miss ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    How many games did Sam Bradford miss ?
    BURN

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    That's exactly the point. It would be nice to have a TEAM that isn't entirely dependent on 1 player having to perform at an all-world level just to be competitive. One thing the playoffs tell me year after year is that you still need a good to great D to win the Superb Owl. Teams with video game offenses and pathetic D's just don't win it.
    Well, perhaps now with a new DC and a GM who isn't allergic to FA maybe we can finally field a decent enough defense so AR doesn't have to play out of his freaking mind for us to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    There is something to be said for having a backup QB who has played before.
    And the Eagles defense. That's the dumb part of this "Backup X" has been successful discussion. The Vikings are also playing a journeyman backup but they have a top 3 defense. Blake Bortles has a lot of QB Winz this year too but I'm not ready to say he's a successful QB.

Foles has started a few seasons' worth of games and he did enough to not lose. That's usually what it takes on a team that does not have to worry about the defense's inability to get off of the fiel.d

The recent Packers have relied on their offense to win games. That's not an ideal scenario for any journeyman to step into.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Foles vs Hundley

Code:
    Cmp% 	Yds 	       TD 	TD% 	Int 	Int% 	Lng 	Y/A 	AY/A 	Y/C 	Y/G 	        Rate 	   QBR 	Sk 	Yds 	NY/A 	ANY/A 	  Sk% 	
    56.4	537	        5	5.0	2	2.0	35	5.3	5.4	9.4	76.7	        79.5	  31.4	5	44	4.65	4.75	  4.7
    60.8	1836	        9	2.8	12	3.8	55	5.8	4.7	9.6	166.9	        70.6	  40.5	29	197	4.75	3.71	  8.4
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.