Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Didn't Pederson assert in the preseason that this year's Balding Eagles are as talented as the '96 Packers? Bet there were a few folks who thought he was crazy.
    He learned that from Favre. Any good team Favre was on, he compared to the '96 Packers.

It was never true.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Wonder how the Eagles would fare with a knucklehead like Hundley having to come in after the starter goes down with serious injury during the regular season.

The more I think about how the Packers didn't have a veteran back up to Rodgers, one who at least has been in the fire before, the more I''m convinced Thompson's dismissal was long overdue. He just didn't get it towards the end of his reign.

Also on notice is Stubby and his QB whisperer status. Underwhelming to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Amazing what an elite OL and a very good defense can do.
    Also amazing what no less than 7 impact players acquired via free agency and trades can do...

2017 Eagles: Offense 8, Defense 5, ST 16

1996 Packers: Offense 3, Defense 1, ST 2

Nope.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Wonder how the Eagles would fare with a knucklehead like Hundley having to come in after the starter goes down with serious injury during the regular season.

The more I think about how the Packers didn't have a veteran back up to Rodgers, one who at least has been in the fire before, the more I''m convinced Thompson's dismissal was long overdue. He just didn't get it towards the end of his reign.

Also on notice is Stubby and his QB whisperer status. Underwhelming to say the least,
    Eagles Defense >>> Packers Defense.

Foles is better than Hundley but he's got a lot more starts under his belt and gets to play on the other side of a strong defense. Both of those factors change the equation for the quarterback just a smidge.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Also on notice is Stubby and his QB whisperer status. Underwhelming to say the least,
    Hundley was a 3 year vet. Foles had one decent year and then dreck.

The unimaginable part is seeing Hundley in practice for 3 years and thinking he was going to be OK. That decision is SO bad, it almost makes me think getting Rodgers right in 2007 was a fluke.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    The dog masks are funny.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Vikes are never going to want a playoff game on the road against the NFC East again.

#Giantsgame

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

Foles is better than Hundley but he's got a lot more starts under his belt and gets to play on the other side of a strong defense. Both of those factors change the equation for the quarterback just a smidge.
    Yeah, D way better in Philly. Of course, the continued shit defense is still more of an indictment on Ted than anything else. Glad it's time for someone else to try and get that side of the ball on the upswing.

So, the miracle to Diggs just becomes a footnote in history. No real relevance.

Sioux Falls Police @siouxfallspd
    We just have been contacted by the @MinneapolisPD and are assisting in the locating of the Minnesota Vikings defense. If located we will let you know. We must hurry as we have been given a 30 minute time limit to assist /802

Shade from South Dakota.

So, the miracle to Diggs just becomes a footnote in history. No real relevance.
    We all still remember Antonio Freeman's back catch and Favre's Oakland game.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Foles wouldn't have to lead the Packers and that hideous D to the Super Bowl. Just need him to hold the fort down until the Great Arm of Butte heals, something The Hun failed miserably to do.

Believe it or not, there were 2-3 games this season in which that hideous D kept the Pack in the game only to see The Hun lose the game with uninspiring performances of Kizer proportions.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    We all still remember Antonio Freeman's back catch and Favre's Oakland game.
    Didn't say remember, said relevance. If Vikings go to Super Bowl, that play is credited as the main element in the magical run.

Not so anymore.

All is right in the world again. Order has been restored in the universe.

Vikes are never going to want a playoff game on the road against the NFC East again.

#Giantsgame
    Love It! And I love that the Vaunted Viking D finally got exposed. They are good but not insurmountable. And the HC has some culpability here as well. Love this bitch slap. Don't be clapping in the press box when a Guy gets injured.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    2017 Eagles: Offense 8, Defense 5, ST 16

1996 Packers: Offense 3, Defense 1, ST 2

Nope.
    As the saying goes, stats are sometimes misleading. Eagles O might've finished #1 overall had Wentz not gotten KIA. Other than special teams, both teams are ranked similarly.

I'm happy for Pederson. I'm happy that the Eagles have become another team that has debunked the "draft and develop" bullshit. I'm happy that Queen fans living in Minnesota will have to deal with the Eagles again during Super Bowl week.

But make no mistake, I want the Eagles to lose to the American Patriots, partly b/c Eagle fans (though not all of them) are a bunch of arrogant motherfuckers. Mostly, I want the Pats to win cos I'm a staunch supporter of Belichickism.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

What kind of special hell would it be to have to listen/watch two weeks of Super Bowl hype coming to your home stadium after losing in Championship game?

Two weeks of talking about the Eagles playing in your backyard after you just got rag dolled by them.

Purgatory.

Foles had better numbers his rookie year than Hundley did this year. Also in his second year had 27 tds and 2 ints and went to the pro bowl while playing behind the 29th ranked defense.

Hundley was a 3 year vet. Foles had one decent year and then dreck.

The unimaginable part is seeing Hundley in practice for 3 years and thinking he was going to be OK. That decision is SO bad, it almost makes me think getting Rodgers right in 2007 was a fluke.
    Using the word decent to describe a 27-2 td int season with a pro bowl appearance, then using the word dreck to describe the rest of his career....truly shows the ridiculous bias and spin you use to promote your narratives.