Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    his right hand might have lightly tapped him on the shoulder before his left hand knocked he ball away

that was a beautiful breakup IMO
    It was interference. Hand on shoulder and bumped him from behind. You can't launch your self over the other guy even if you are making a play for the ball.

Playing footsie with the rule (well, it really wasn't that bad) is why the rules are in such sad shape.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    yes, tell him to grab a gun and stick it in your mouth

that should be a good start
    So the first thing you think of is putting a rod in the mouth. And I thought Freud had been debunked.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It was interference. Hand on shoulder and bumped him from behind. You can't launch your self over the other guy even if you are making a play for the ball.

Playing footsie with the rule (well, it really wasn't that bad) is why the rules are in such sad shape.

Call it 80% of the time then.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Very poor coaching decisions.
    lot of had scratching moments at the end of that game

i think tomlin has had time management issues in the past

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

i saw his hand bhind the shoulder, the at the shoulder, then in front of the shoulder all in about a half second. i don't see how he had tie to do anything but graze by it

Lol - that’s the sort of thing ya can’t do - hint - turn around

Edit: horrible call on the second one.....

Bad call.

What a joke of a PI call. Diggs just falls down. They should have a flop penalty against the offense on stuff like that.

btw, this is a ballsy move sticking with keenum over your original starter

gonna be a lot of second guessing all over if the queens lose this game

but you gotta stick with the hot hand and whats been working

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    What a joke of a PI call. Diggs just falls down. They should have a flop penalty against the offense on stuff like that.
    He fell down cause he was holding the defender, bad call.

28-7

58 yard fumble return for TD

thats a terrible rule, guy gets a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for pointing at a guy trying to tackle him

you can legally hit someone as hard as you can, but no pointing
    change the rule
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

when you're 6'6, you have to get more then 2 inches off the ground, even if you're white

If I'm New Orleans, I'm flinging it deep over and over and telling my WR's to ham it up out there and draw a flag.

Let the refs decide a playoff game.

They might be a bit exhausted after Pittsburgh

If I'm New Orleans, I'm flinging it deep over and over and telling my WR's to ham it up out there and draw a flag.

That goes both ways, not exactly a winning strategy.....

Brees looks bad today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    That goes both ways, not exactly a winning strategy.....
    Why not? Refs will bail out the WR more times than not with a PI call. They've already established they're going to be calling it tight. I think that is a winning strategy in this game, especially for NO as they're not going to move the ball in traditional manner.

Why not? Refs will bail out the WR more times than not with a PI call. They've already established they're going to be calling it tight. I think that is a winning strategy in this game, especially for NO as they're not going to move the ball in traditional manner.
    The Vikings can throw it deep and are winning. I’d trade long PI’s the rest of the game.

In fact, I'm telling Ginn, my faster receiver, to run a take off route as fast/far as he can and I'm going to underthrow the ball on purpose. So then you stop in order to come back for it, the trailing DB will run in to you and we get a free 40-50 yards. Easy

Honestly, it should be part of the game plan.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    hey, I have a friend who is a Pittsburgh fan and I need some advice on what to tell him tomorrow. Can the constitutive complainers here (Red, Woodcock, Runt, Yeti, etc. ) tell me which essential football rules Pittsburgh violated that Jacksonville followed and who all should be fired? And I don't want to hear anything about refs and injuries because they don't count for the Packers. Heads need to roll!
    Pittsburgh shouldn't do anything different. You fans should be proud of your team. They did their best. You can't go the the Superb Owl every year. Steelers fans should be happy the team is in the playoffs every year. Losses happen. Injuries happen. Be realistic. The Steelers have the best owner in the league, the best organization, the best coach, the best QB and the best players. I'll publish stats soon that prove what I'm saying is indisputable fact.

The most satisfying four words in the English language are: "Wait till next year!"

Dilly! Dilly!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers