View Poll Results: WHO WILL YOU CHEER FOR IF/WHEN the VIKINGS play the PATRIOTS in the SUPER BOWL ??

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • i will cheer for Hoody Genius and the New England Patriots

12 54.55%
  • I will cheer for our divisional rival, the Minnesota Vikigs

3 13.64%
  • I'm too sick about this quesion to choose

7 31.82%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: WHO WILL YOU CHEER FOR ... THE VIKES....OR PATRIOTS....in the INEVITABLE UPCOMING SUPER BOWL ??

Well, we've been spared. Don't have to choose between Patriots and Vikings. Would like to see Pederson get a ring. Even if it means that little shit Schwartz gets one too. Eagles have a shot if Foles plays well. Will likely be the last Patriot hurrah for McDaniels (going to Indy) and Patricia (going to Detroit).

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I live in Minnesota, so I'll be cheering for the Eagles.
    Did I win?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Did I win?
    Depends on how much you like clinical depression in coworkers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Well, we've been spared. Don't have to choose between Patriots and Vikings. Would like to see Pederson get a ring. Even if it means that little shit Schwartz gets one too. Eagles have a shot if Foles plays well. Will likely be the last Patriot hurrah for McDaniels (going to Indy) and Patricia (going to Detroit).
    I think the Lombardi piece blasting Pederson (which had to come from Schwartz-land) being dead wrong is karmic payment enough from Jimmy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    More than I can possibly explain. You’d have to live here to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This doesn't happen, pb. Not in my experience. I guarantee you that most Vikings fans have already said "well, it was bound to happen sooner or later" and have moved on.

It's kinda like Browns fans claiming to have hope for the new season. That usually lasts about a quarter or so of the opening game.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Go Eagles!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This doesn't happen, pb. Not in my experience. I guarantee you that most Vikings fans have already said "well, it was bound to happen sooner or later" and have moved on.

It's kinda like Browns fans claiming to have hope for the new season. That usually lasts about a quarter or so of the opening game.
    The Viking fan Favre reaction videos suggest not everyone adjusts that quickly, but I was mostly joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Fascinating. The Vikes fans I know were mostly into alternative scenarios; what if the refs called a good game, what if our offense has just run into teams who are playing their best defense when we played them, etc.

I find it hard to believe that they get loud and front run. How does it manifest?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

The worst part for the Vikes fans is that all the stuff here that's in their faces about the Super Bowl and to get that close to being in it, it's a constant reminder for the next 2 weeks. Plus the Iggles fans will be coming to town in about a week or so, that's going to be awkward as well.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    dp
    Last edited by Cheesehead Craig; 01-22-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Anyone who isn't streaming KFAN right now is missing out

https://www.iheart.com/live/kfan-spo...cid=index.html

They really are professional wallowers.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Drink in the schadenfreude my friends. I really couldn't have designed a finer ride for Vikings fans. First they beat the saints in a miracle to bolster any feelings that God might be on their side this time. Then last nights beatdown. Now comes the best part: fans get to go home and see their city invaded and decorated in Eagles shit for the superbowl. Can you get closer to being literally conquered in the NFL? No you can't.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Drink in the schadenfreude my friends. I really couldn't have designed a finer ride for Vikings fans. First they beat the saints in a miracle to bolster any feelings that God might be on their side this time. Then last nights beatdown. Now comes the best part: fans get to go home and see their city invaded and decorated in Eagles shit for the superbowl. Can you get closer to being literally conquered in the NFL? No you can't.
    And next year they will have road games against the 2 teams who made it to the Super Bowl. Actually, the Vikings road schedule is pretty brutal:

Away: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle, New England, New York Jets, and Philadelphia.

Fascinating. The Vikes fans I know were mostly into alternative scenarios; what if the refs called a good game, what if our offense has just run into teams who are playing their best defense when we played them, etc.

I find it hard to believe that they get loud and front run. How does it manifest?
    That is 90% of the 'queen fans. Started to see their gear out and about when Rodgers went down. Then the FB posts went through the roof as they were assured a playoff spot then a bye. Now I pissed a shit ton of them off after last night by simply telling the truth. F Them if they can talk shit and can't take it or if they can't accept reality that their HC got worked.

S till
    K eep
    O n
    L osing

Can’t get that Stat out of my head that Joe Buck mentioned at the beginning of the Philly-Vikes game:
    He said indoor teams were 0-12 when going to play outdoors in the NFC Championship game.
    Now 0-13.....

I take it the folks in MN are unhappy?

hahahahaha They can choose between Row the Boat and Party on the Boat.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

No matter what happens to the Vikings in any given week, there is a subset that watches the Packers to see if they lose. And when they do lose, it’s a never ending stream of bullshit.
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    No matter what happens to the Vikings in any given week, there is a subset that watches the Packers to see if they lose. And when they do lose, it’s a never ending stream of bullshit.
    I've never see anything like this Cleveland sports bar where the browns and steelers fans just yell at each other all game long (this was more exciting in the early 2000s when Cleveland actually could win a game). Everything that went wrong for each team was loudly cheered by the opposition. When they played each other it was absolute pandemonium and sometimes fights broke out. The bouncers didn't stop the fights, just directed 'em out the door and let the cops deal with it (But they didn't call the cops so most often they didn't show). Often guys would return bloody, order some more drinks and just pick up where they left off.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck