View Poll Results: WHO WILL YOU CHEER FOR IF/WHEN the VIKINGS play the PATRIOTS in the SUPER BOWL ??

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • i will cheer for Hoody Genius and the New England Patriots

12 54.55%
  • I will cheer for our divisional rival, the Minnesota Vikigs

3 13.64%
  • I'm too sick about this quesion to choose

7 31.82%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: WHO WILL YOU CHEER FOR ... THE VIKES....OR PATRIOTS....in the INEVITABLE UPCOMING SUPER BOWL ??

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Since thePackers will never get to host a Superb Owl that they're playing in , I don't want any other team nfl team to be allowed to do it either.
    How does one hosts a superb owl and what makes an owl superb? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    How does one hosts a superb owl and what makes an owl superb? Lol
    https://www.reddit.com/r/superbowl
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    Jags - Vikes with Minny getting screwed by a last second goofy play.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    To those who imagine any scenario where they are well-wishing the Minnesota Vikings during a superbowl,

I implore you to reconsider. This is the the team that usurped the division on one play this year. This is the franchised that reared a generation of fans on pink randy moss jerseys. They are our rival in the sense that Elmer Fudd is a rival to Bugs Bunny. Its not even a question of whether to support the Vikings in a superbowl. As fans of the franchise with the most championships in the league, nobody has more to lose by a Vikings superbowl win than us. Let me think of an analogy quick.

Let's imagine you're a world class chef. You've dedicated your life to the pursuit of mastering your craft and pursuing your industry's highest accolades. You've held three Michelin stars longer than any other restaurant in the world. Then this year, a drunk hot dog vender crashes their cart through one of your windows and a sterno ignites the drapery burning the place to the ground. When the year's Michelin guide comes out you see the hot dog vender was awarded a star. Not only were your ambitions derailed for this year, now you have an existential crisis. If a hot dog vender can get a Michelin star what does that say about your life's work? Michelin stars are cheapened to the point of worthlessness now. The world is a lie. All roads forward lead to nihilism.

Sure its annoying to imagine the cadre of smug bastards known as the Patriots waltz their way to another easy Lombardi, but what is one more superbowl to the Patriots really? Actually you can quantify it. That reality is 20% worse. Being skidmarks on the underpants of the NFL, the Vikings rightfully have zero superbowls. One more than zero is incalculably worse in proportional terms. Another word for a reality that is incalculably worse is hell. You're cheering for a theoretical hell. I invite you to rescind your tragically misplaced votes at this time.

Your fellow rat,
    3irty1
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Anthony Barr should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Have a cookie.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Since thePackers will never get to host a Superb Owl that they're playing in , I don't want any other team nfl team to be allowed to do it either.
    this

To those who imagine any scenario where they are well-wishing the Minnesota Vikings during a superbowl,

I implore you to reconsider. This is the the team that usurped the division on one play this year. This is the franchised that reared a generation of fans on pink randy moss jerseys. They are our rival in the sense that Elmer Fudd is a rival to Bugs Bunny. Its not even a question of whether to support the Vikings in a superbowl. As fans of the franchise with the most championships in the league, nobody has more to lose by a Vikings superbowl win than us. Let me think of an analogy quick.

Let's imagine you're a world class chef. You've dedicated your life to the pursuit of mastering your craft and pursuing your industry's highest accolades. You've held three Michelin stars longer than any other restaurant in the world. Then this year, a drunk hot dog vender crashes their cart through one of your windows and a sterno ignites the drapery burning the place to the ground. When the year's Michelin guide comes out you see the hot dog vender was awarded a star. Not only were your ambitions derailed for this year, now you have an existential crisis. If a hot dog vender can get a Michelin star what does that say about your life's work? Michelin stars are cheapened to the point of worthlessness now. The world is a lie. All roads forward lead to nihilism.

Sure its annoying to imagine the cadre of smug bastards known as the Patriots waltz their way to another easy Lombardi, but what is one more superbowl to the Patriots really? Actually you can quantify it. That reality is 20% worse. Being skidmarks on the underpants of the NFL, the Vikings rightfully have zero superbowls. One more than zero is incalculably worse in proportional terms. Another word for a reality that is incalculably worse is hell. You're cheering for a theoretical hell. I invite you to rescind your tragically misplaced votes at this time.

Your fellow rat,
    3irty1
    No offense to Rastak but I know more than a few insufferable Vikings fans. It is remarkable how arrogant they have been this season knowing full well their player knocked our best player out and ruined our season. I'll hold my nose and cheer for the damn Patriots before I'll ever cheer for the queens. You can be sure they didn't root us on in 2010.

Your fellow rat,
    3irty1
    Finally, a voice of reason.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    No offense to Rastak but I know more than a few insufferable Vikings fans. It is remarkable how arrogant they have been this season knowing full well their player knocked our best player out and ruined our season. I'll hold my nose and cheer for the damn Patriots before I'll ever cheer for the queens. You can be sure they didn't root us on in 2010.
    Just read the Vikings players are complaining about a hit where the officials picked up a flag. I didn't watch the game, but it sounds like a full helping of hypocrisy.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Just read the Vikings players are complaining about a hit where the officials picked up a flag. I didn't watch the game, but it sounds like a full helping of hypocrisy.
    They're blaming Michael Thomas for being too rough on their poor DBs.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Early in the season, when Sam Bradford (and Dalvin Cook) was injured, I told the only Vikings fan that I communicate with, that I don't wish for any player to get hurt in the league.

When Rodgers was hurt, he stated the exact opposite, that he was glad Rodgers was out.

Go Eagles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Early in the season, when Sam Bradford (and Dalvin Cook) was injured, I told the only Vikings fan that I communicate with, that I don't wish for any player to get hurt in the league.

When Rodgers was hurt, he stated the exact opposite, that he was glad Rodgers was out.

Go Eagles!!!
    same here. I can be happy for good Vikings fans but I will never back the Vikings to win, except perhaps against a more evil foe. Best of luck to former Green Pay Packer QB Doug Pederson!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

still thinking...

I disagree with the premise that I have to cheer for either. However I would never cheer for the 'queens under any circumstance and have seen more than a few alleged "Packer' fans now on social media who are either wearing Purple gear or claiming to root for them under the circumstances. I say stay away from the Packer fan base for good as I don't want you back. And to the point someone made about the injuries and or non calls from the Saints game? I had to laugh at the hypocrisy of the 'queens radio 'analyst' (who was clapping after Rodgers injury) bemoan the hit the number one cheap shot artist Sendejo took. When asked about it he said it was technically legal but.......so the double standard is always on display with that fan base and their apologists. They don't deserve anything as far as I'm concerned. I've attended many games here in Mpls. and Lambeau and I laugh every time the local media pundits try to make the fan base at Lambeau out to be a bunch of drunks. Let me say for the record the fans at Lambeau can out drink the 'Sota tribe and know how to act. Specifically the female variant. I have witnessed the most immature behavior in front of children many times at Metrodome especially from the females. Lambeau, mature crowd, I'm sure they have their moments but trust me nothing like I have had to witness and endure here in Mpls. In fact there was a caller who said some locals got the boot for harassing some Saints fans Sunday. Yeah yeah every city has them, Not like the 'queen contingent. I am born and raised in Minneapolis and have seen and received it for over forty years.

Great post, Zach

I'd be fine with Jags/Eagles. Or Jags/vikes. Or Pats/Eagles. Just please don't ask me to choose between my least favorite teams in either conference.

Would you like a vasectomy or a colonoscopy?

Yankees or Cubs?

Trump or Hillary?

Pittsburgh was talking about the game after they beat Jacksonville....how'd that one work out for ya?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    And whilst in hell, he gets the three pronged dick of Satan breakfast, lunch and dinner.

There is no excuse for Packers fans rooting for the purple pretenders.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Hmmm. What do you know? They're little footballs!

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    And whilst in hell, he gets the three pronged dick of Satan breakfast, lunch and dinner.

There is no excuse for Packers fans rooting for the purple pretenders.
    Preach. And whilst he takes the demongravy of fire ants that comprise Satan's ejaculate, the Vikings first down horn should be blown so as to condition the proper Pavlovian response.