View Poll Results: WHO WILL YOU CHEER FOR IF/WHEN the VIKINGS play the PATRIOTS in the SUPER BOWL ??

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • i will cheer for Hoody Genius and the New England Patriots

12 54.55%
  • I will cheer for our divisional rival, the Minnesota Vikigs

3 13.64%
  • I'm too sick about this quesion to choose

7 31.82%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: WHO WILL YOU CHEER FOR ... THE VIKES....OR PATRIOTS....in the INEVITABLE UPCOMING SUPER BOWL ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Woe betide the Viking faithful:

snip

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...cid=538twitter
    That Wagner piece is a nice read.

Still more rare, though, is the team that doesn’t simply disappoint its fans, but does so in a thematically consistent manner. For the Minnesota Vikings, this means being betrayed by their greatest strength at their moments of greatest need — Napoleon blundering at Waterloo or Wolverine’s adamantium-laced skeleton turned against him by Magneto.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    For reasons I cannot fathom, my favorite Viking was probably Anthony Carter. The NFL should have let him wear his #1. After that it was Alan Page.
    My favorite Queen? The one and only Randy Fucking Moss. Favre will always be a Packer in my heart and mind.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    My favorite Queen? The one and only Randy Fucking Moss. Favre will always be a Packer in my heart and mind.
    So many more worthy Vikings. Jerry Burns my number one followed by Tarkenton.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Moss was the greatest WR I've ever seen catch a rock. Jerry Rice was great but he put up his numbers via hard work and fundamentals, not that there's anything wrong with that. Moss, in his prime, was Superman.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, I guess. I bet Bretsky's favorite Queen was Brooks Bollinger.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Burnsy.

"No fucking question"

Former Packer asst under Lombardi and author of the Burnsy Rant.

You tube it, it's a classic.

Theo lubke‏ @Theoltheo
    Fortunately, we didn’t need this chart...

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm cheering for Jags/Eagles game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    I'm cheering for Jags/Eagles game.
    That would truly be the Who Cares Bowl for me

I'm not even sure I"d bother watching
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    That would truly be the Who Cares Bowl for me

I'm not even sure I"d bother watching
    Would have loved to see the jags....

Eagles vs Pats?? Likely won't even watch.
    wist

Well, we've been spared. Don't have to choose between Patriots and Vikings. Would like to see Pederson get a ring. Even if it means that little shit Schwartz gets one too. Eagles have a shot if Foles plays well. Will likely be the last Patriot hurrah for McDaniels (going to Indy) and Patricia (going to Detroit).

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Well, we've been spared. Don't have to choose between Patriots and Vikings. Would like to see Pederson get a ring. Even if it means that little shit Schwartz gets one too. Eagles have a shot if Foles plays well. Will likely be the last Patriot hurrah for McDaniels (going to Indy) and Patricia (going to Detroit).
    I think the Lombardi piece blasting Pederson (which had to come from Schwartz-land) being dead wrong is karmic payment enough from Jimmy.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Go Eagles!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Anyone who isn't streaming KFAN right now is missing out

https://www.iheart.com/live/kfan-spo...cid=index.html

They really are professional wallowers.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Can’t get that Stat out of my head that Joe Buck mentioned at the beginning of the Philly-Vikes game:
    He said indoor teams were 0-12 when going to play outdoors in the NFC Championship game.
    Now 0-13.....

hahahahaha They can choose between Row the Boat and Party on the Boat.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    It's great that MN lost ! Now yall can cheer for the Patriots with me on SB Sunday !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

It's great that MN lost ! Now yall can cheer for the Patriots with me on SB Sunday !!
    If they get down 25 points in the 4th quarter again, maybe. Just to root for chaos.

Otherwise, nope.

Nope.

Puck the Fatriots
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Aaron Schatz @FO_ASchatz
    Philadelphia #Eagles OL ranked 29th in pressure rate allowed according to @SportsInfo_SIS. Also 22nd in adjusted line yards, 12th in adjusted sack rate. I have a hard time squaring those stats with idea Eagles had NFL’s best OL this year. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Again, terrible year to lose Rodgers when everything was there for the taking. Eagles beat the Vikes D like a drum with a mediocre line.