Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Randall for Kizer

Randall for Kizer

What? And now there's a gaping hole at CB. If free agency doesn't deliver, the draft almost certainly had to in R1.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

It looks like things are now back to normal minus Posts this AM.

Comment on this trade:

It has to be that the Packers are very high on DeShone Kizer a second Round Draft Pick last year by Cleveland.Randall was a late First Round Pick but played at CB and the Packers are in big trouble or severely challenged in their Secondary..

http://www.nfl.com/player/deshonekizer/2557983/profile

Giving up a potential Starter for a Backup WB?

Was Damarious Randall a real distraction on the Field he was but did that carry over to the Packers Dressing Room? Was it a case of... "he's gone at all cost?"

I believe that Cleveland wins this trade up front and if their Coaching Staff can get into Randall's head they win for sure. I believe a lot of what we saw as BAD and Packers Defensive backs wasn't at all a fault of talent. I believe it was a matter of Scheme and/and Coaching.

This trade is a head scratcher unless CB Damarious Randall (again) simply had to go.

One plus is The Packers moved to the TOP of Rounds 4 and 5.

That means they have four (4) picks in the Top 100 plus one.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    A bad trade. Randall is no shutdown corner and he’s the mother of inconsistency, but the Packers got rid of their best corner for a carbon copy of Hundley.

If you’re gonna trade for a Brownie, trade for Flash.

Browns moving Randall to safety. Now let's see if Capers misused another piece.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Browns moving Randall to safety. Now let's see if Capers misused another piece.
    how is he gonna play safety when he's afraid of contact?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Everyone loved Sharper?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

More of a ballhawking safety with Peppers playing closer to the line is what I saw on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    More of a ballhawking safety with Peppers playing closer to the line is what I saw on twitter.
    He does have ball skills. Tackling will be an issue, but his first steps are quick so he can close and he can make plays on the ball.

Little weird to say its his natural position as I have been reading, he played two years of safety (and a lot of slot coverage) in college.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Browns are gonna give up a lot of long TDS next year

Did I forget to mention that he can’t cover worth a shit either?

Browns are gonna give up a lot of long TDS next year

Did I forget to mention that he can’t cover worth a shit either?
    He used his speed to recover. That was dubious as a CB, but might actually work as a safety.

TT really fucked up in his picks that year. An athletic guy with without the experience and instincts to play the position and a guy who was too slow coming out. Hopefully Gute will listen to the right scouts this year, and also sign a guy who isn't shit.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    A bad trade. Randall is no shutdown corner and he’s the mother of inconsistency, but the Packers got rid of their best corner for a carbon copy of Hundley.
    Kizer can throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield, so he's no carbon copy of Hundley. Hundley was more of a carbon copy of Rich Campbell.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Kizer can throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield, so he's no carbon copy of Hundley. Hundley was more of a carbon copy of Rich Campbell.
    Kizer completed only 53% of his passes last season. He has accuracy issues. Ditto, Hundley. Both are inaccurate, indecisive in the pocket, uninspiring and turnover prone. They actually look the same, too, physically.

Saw this while I was jogging past PB's packerrats twitter feed:

Gil Brandt
    ‏Verified account @Gil_Brandt

Funny how I'm reading Packers loved DeShone Kizer in last years draft. Half of Green Bay's front office is in Cleveland, which just dumped him for Tyrod Taylor.

It's possible Gutekunst wanted to draft Kizer and Todd overruled him. More likely, it was McCarthy who was in love with Kizer. With the new power structure in the Packers' front office, McCarthy likely pulled a power play and got Murphy to sign off on the Randall for Kizer trade.

McCarthy can't judge talent. Last time McCarthy was asked for his endorsement on personal matters, he picked Alex Smith over the Great Arm of Butte.

Randall for a Hundley-clone reeks incompetence if anyone asks me.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I hate this trade. We need at least 2 starting cb's now and have very little money to play with.
    Go PACK

Very good trade for us... get rid of a lousy player who is also a malcontent in the locker room, and improve our draft position to boot.

Thank God we're finally rid of Randall!!!
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I hate this trade. We need at least 2 starting cb's now and have very little money to play with.
    We need ed 2 starting cbs with Randall

Just because he was our beast cb at the end of the season, doesn’t mean he was any good

We were terrible against the pass last year, and he was a big reason for it

I wish we could have thrown in a 6th round pick to the Browns if they agreed to take Hundley off our hands.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Only the man with the best avatar knows what he is talking about.

Even if you think Randall needs to be improved upon, which is defensible, there is no one better currently on the roster. House is a FA.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Only the man with the best avatar knows what he is talking about.

Even if you think Randall needs to be improved upon, which is defensible, there is no one better currently on the roster. House is a FA.
    I hope you're not referring to Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Smokey is one sexy man

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Only Bossman's avatar hits me where I live. Or hope to live.

Actually, wist's avatar does too, but no one wants to think about that.