Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: "PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    TO campaigned pretty hard that he was getting different standards applied to him than others. So much was brought up about his antics that were not a measuring stick that was applied to other players. I think he made just enough sense and got other players already in the HOF agreeing with him and stumped for him as well to be in that they convinced enough voters. I also think that the writers like to get in some final dig at the players they didn't like. By keeping them out of the HOF for a year or several years, they get some last bit of pettiness at the player.
    Yes I agree and the 'tbe be patient with us as we had to be patient with your impetulant ways in the past' factor and holding TO out until year three of eligibility.

Then there is the possible Point of bringing in Randy Moss as a First Ballot Candidate and any consideration of holding Moss out based on his off field behaviour.

I think it came down to this:

Looking at Terrell Owens and Randy Moss, it became way too obvious that there game production had to place both in the NFL HOF.

When a NFL player has to be seriously considered and game planned for year after year that player has to be seriously considered for the NFL Hall Fame.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    That's just silly. You don't think Randy Moss or TO could still get deep? 44 is old, sure, but athletes don't just go from premier to nothing over night. They could easily make a roster, but they both have plenty of money that additional traction on the body isn't worth the salary they'd earn.
    Ummm...no. Jerry Rice is the best WR ever and his last two seasons at 41 and 42 were bad. QB, Kicker, maybe punter can compete at 40. No other position has a chance.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Ummm...no. Jerry Rice is the best WR ever and his last two seasons at 41 and 42 were bad. QB, Kicker, maybe punter can compete at 40. No other position has a chance.
    Isn't Brady 0-1 in Super Bowls in his 40s? Sounds terrible to me.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Here's a couple of examples of NFL Players excelly in the NFL at 40 Years of age.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/careerstats

2017 Season NFL MVP Tom Brady (Born: 8/3/1977)

Did you forget this Guy?

Brett Favre: Born: 10/10/1969

Brett Favre's Stat's 2009 included: 531 Passing attempts and 363 Competitions for a Career BEST 68.4 %

Favre passed for 4202 Yards that Season for a Career BEST 7.9 Yard Average.

He averaged 262.6 Yards/Game or the 3rd Best in his 20 Year NFL Career.

Favre had 33 TD's or Tied for 4th Best in his Career.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I honestly believe the changes in the CBA limiting contact in practice is the reason why injuries are up league wide.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Isn't Brady 0-1 in Super Bowls in his 40s? Sounds terrible to me.
    Yep, he is a leightweight chocker.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Here's a couple of examples of NFL Players excelly in the NFL at 40 Years of age.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/careerstats

2017 Season NFL MVP Tom Brady (Born: 8/3/1977)

Did you forget this Guy?

Brett Favre: Born: 10/10/1969

Brett Favre's Stat's 2009 included: 531 Passing attempts and 363 Competitions for a Career BEST 68.4 %

Favre passed for 4202 Yards that Season for a Career BEST 7.9 Yard Average.

He averaged 262.6 Yards/Game or the 3rd Best in his 20 Year NFL Career.

Favre had 33 TD's or Tied for 4th Best in his Career.

I stand corrected missed your post and QB.

You're right... but Darrell Green came damn close.

Bruce Matthews - Clay's uncle - is another. His brother, Clay Jr. also played to 40 or so, I think, as a LB. You get a few freaks of nature at just about every position who last extra long. Luck has more to do with it than anything else, as even a lot of extremely well conditioned players get hurt bad enough to kill their career or at least greatly diminish their ability.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Bruce Matthews - Clay's uncle - is another. His brother, Clay Jr. also played to 40 or so, I think, as a LB. You get a few freaks of nature at just about every position who last extra long. Luck has more to do with it than anything else, as even a lot of extremely well conditioned players get hurt bad enough to kill their career or at least greatly diminish their ability.
    Julius Peppers seems to be as well. There are always outliers, but 40 seems to be a magic number for players outside the 3 positions.

The Butler cannot do it.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...alcolm-butler/

Last offseason, Justis Mosqueda did the research on Thompson’s tendencies for CheeseheadTV. What he found: The Packers like their cornerbacks to be at least 5-11 (or very close), with a 40-yard dash time of 4.57 or better and a three-cone drill time of 6.87 or better.

Butler is listed at NFL.com at 5-11, but that appears to be a stretching of the truth. His pro day results, provided by NFLDraftScout.com, tell a different story.

Butler was measured at Alabama’s Pro Day in 2014 at a little under 5-10. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds and posted a three-cone time of 7.20, both well below Thompson’s athletic standards.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Butler cannot do it.

Last offseason, Justis Mosqueda did the research on Thompson’s tendencies for CheeseheadTV. What he found: The Packers like their cornerbacks to be at least 5-11 (or very close), with a 40-yard dash time of 4.57 or better and a three-cone drill time of 6.87 or better.

Butler is listed at NFL.com at 5-11, but that appears to be a stretching of the truth. His pro day results, provided by NFLDraftScout.com, tell a different story.

Butler was measured at Alabama’s Pro Day in 2014 at a little under 5-10. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds and posted a three-cone time of 7.20, both well below Thompson’s athletic standards.
    Okay, but Thompson isn't the GM and Capers isn't the DC. Isn't it possible that Gutekunst/Pettine will have different parameters for a CB than Thompson/Capers did? It's hard to say, because I'm not sure how much input Capers had with Thompson, or Pettine has with Gutekunst.

The Butler cannot do it.

Short 'n slow.

Why do the Packers want that, again?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Okay, but Thompson isn't the GM and Capers isn't the DC. Isn't it possible that Gutekunst/Pettine will have different parameters for a CB than Thompson/Capers did? It's hard to say, because I'm not sure how much input Capers had with Thompson, or Pettine has with Gutekunst.
    Butler did say he has run as fast as 4.4 in other timing. And they may have different parameters now for CBs.

But BG is a Ron/Ted guy. And Butler has had two poor years out of three. I don't see why people want to spend more than $9 mil a year for this guy.

If BG is a Ron/Ted guy, then the Packers are doomed to fart away the rest of Aaron Rodgers' career, same as Ted's last few years. Butler may not be the answer, but we need free agent talent to make up for Ted's last few years - Jimmy Graham for sure and some kind of a solution at Corner.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Why is everybody so hot on Jimmy Graham? He's injury-prone, hates to block, and his great-grandpa just died.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He's injury-prone, hates to block.
    Sounds like a Packer to me.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

It'd be like signing Jermichael Finley after his injuries.

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It'd be like signing Jermichael Finley after his injuries.
    I wasn't aware Graham is attempting to return from a catastrophic, potentially career-ending injury. And how the fuck is the guy "injury-prone?" Dude missed 5 games in 2015 (a fluke), but played in at least 15 games in each of his 7 other seasons. By comparison, A-Rod has landed on the IR at least 3 times in his career, in addition to dealing with calf problems once - Is Rodgers injury-prone?

I could see Graham reviving his career in GB the way Tony G did in Atlanta. German Shepherd needs to sign Graham. Whatever it takes.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-23-2018 at 08:19 AM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.