Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

Blog Entries

"PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ay/1030814001/

some real nice examples of FA and trades that helped build the rosters of the final four
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Confirmation bias. They did it, they're in the final four, therefore it worked.

What about the other 28 teams that did it and they aren't in the final four. GB was heavy in FA this year. Backfired. Didn't help, despite everyone clamoring its success.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Signing quality is vastly different than signing quantity of crap - Bennett, Kendrick, House, maybe Brooks.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Signing quality is vastly different than signing quantity of crap - Bennett, Kendrick, House, maybe Brooks.
    People were peeing themselves in excitement when Bennett was signed. Lots of "Who needs Jared Cook?" posts. People were feeling good about Ted "finally" signing some big names.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    People were peeing themselves in excitement when Bennett was signed. Lots of "Who needs Jared Cook?" posts. People were feeling good about Ted "finally" signing some big names.
    I haven't pissed myself since.... well.... NM

I was happy with the Bennett signing. If for no other reason than Ted trying new tricks. Yeah yeah, I know he's dipped in the pond before.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I look at it that 3 of the final 4 have fantastic defenses and the other (NE) has avg talent but great coaching.

So by firing Capers and getting a new DC, I feel the Packers have already started to emulate the final four teams.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

McGinn has left but apparently the editors haven't changed one bit.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-18-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McGinn has left but apparently the editors haven't changed on bit.
    Survivor bias!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

To wit, on the Packers’ 53-man roster for their final game in 2017, they had 40 players Thompson either drafted or signed as an undrafted free agent. By comparison, Philadelphia has 24, Jacksonville 26 and Minnesota 29.
    Holy shit. Philly and Jacksonville drafted less than half of their roster? Minnesota is barely over half? I got an idea. Start drafting better.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I have to admit to being one of those - well, maybe without the peeing hahahaha. That just shows how low the bar was set at with Ted. Bennett seemed like a big departure from his usual shit. Clearly, we got somebody's lemon - just another pick up that nobody else wanted. For that matter, you could say the same about Cook - he only seemed good by comparison to the rest of the shit Ted dragged in.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I have to admit to being one of those - well, maybe without the peeing hahahaha. That just shows how low the bar was set at with Ted. Bennett seemed like a big departure from his usual shit. Clearly, we got somebody's lemon - just another pick up that nobody else wanted. For that matter, you could say the same about Cook - he only seemed good by comparison to the rest of the shit Ted dragged in.
    WEll, you could line up all the FA acquisitions and see how many worked out for each team to gauge the TT success rate with re-signing developed guys versus dipping in the Fa pool, then - oh, wait, this is Tex I'm responding to. Never mind.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Of the FA Ted brought in this past season Evans was the most productive. Poor House and Brooks were hurt more than not. Kendricks was a disappointment and Bennett was a shit. I too was excited when we brought in MB but looking back there was a reason why a guy with his talent wore out his welcome in 3 other cities. Our biggest mistake was going with that goofball instead of keeping Cook. And why we didn't even bother to talk to Peppers is one of life's mysteries.

Everyone on the planet except Jared’s mother blew that FA signing. His agent too.

But remember, M3 wanted some blocking at TE too. Meant they would not empty vault for a more one dimension type.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Confirmation bias. They did it, they're in the final four, therefore it worked.

What about the other 28 teams that did it and they aren't in the final four. GB was heavy in FA this year. Backfired. Didn't help, despite everyone clamoring its success.
    The Jags have picked in the top 5 the last 6 years. Is that a strategy we want to endorse?

The story is the same every year -- look at the teams that finished ahead of Green Bay and say they acquired the right players in the right way.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Bennet is a very good player when motivated and used correctly. Brooks is a real good talent. Dial seems to be a nice run stopper. Evans was the "veteran stopgap" that people complained TT doesn't sign.

Lets be intellectually honest. Last season was the most active of TTs tenure for FA. It was one of the worst seasons of his tenure.

I will say this much. Since we draft near the bottom every year and don't have a marquee talent to resign other than Arod, maybe one key signing would be a benefit. Peppers almost counted, but was getting old. Not sure there is that type of FA out there this season.

For my taste, the injuries are the reason this team "almost" makes it every year, and that is on MM for practicing his guys at 10% and then asking them to play 100% on sunday.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Holy shit. Philly and Jacksonville drafted less than half of their roster? Minnesota is barely over half? I got an idea. Start drafting better.
    Also fail to mention the last 5 years of below mediocrity drafting high each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Of the FA Ted brought in this past season Evans was the most productive. Poor House and Brooks were hurt more than not. Kendricks was a disappointment and Bennett was a shit. I too was excited when we brought in MB but looking back there was a reason why a guy with his talent wore out his welcome in 3 other cities. Our biggest mistake was going with that goofball instead of keeping Cook. And why we didn't even bother to talk to Peppers is one of life's mysteries.
    But seriously TT used hiim for shit. He spent most of his time pass blocking and then releasing for a TE screen....wtf. Try smash mouth run plays with his blocking and then when the D tightens up run him up the middle for a pass play. MM is much more a problem than TT.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McGinn has left but apparently the editors haven't changed one bit.

McGinn, the editors and the writers all pretty much give the same content; whether that means they have some validity, or we are bias toward defending GB, is the debate it seems
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Bennet is a very good player when motivated and used correctly. Brooks is a real good talent. Dial seems to be a nice run stopper. Evans was the "veteran stopgap" that people complained TT doesn't sign.

Lets be intellectually honest. Last season was the most active of TTs tenure for FA. It was one of the worst seasons of his tenure.

I will say this much. Since we draft near the bottom every year and don't have a marquee talent to resign other than Arod, maybe one key signing would be a benefit. Peppers almost counted, but was getting old. Not sure there is that type of FA out there this season.

For my taste, the injuries are the reason this team "almost" makes it every year, and that is on MM for practicing his guys at 10% and then asking them to play 100% on sunday.
    A lot of that is on the CBA:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2015...t-tough-on-nfl

The NFL has limited teams to 11 padded practices for the first eleven weeks of the season. As a coaching staff, you are only allotted to have two padded practices in a one week period once. After that only one day per week can there be full-contact. In the final six weeks of the season a team is allowed to only conduct three padded practices. It just seems like a lot of time away from the actual game-type situations. Of course, the NFLPA fought for some of these provisions including limiting the amount and types of practices that can be conducted during the bye week. That's not to say that all players were in agreement about the changes but what's done is done at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    But seriously TT used hiim for shit. He spent most of his time pass blocking and then releasing for a TE screen....wtf. Try smash mouth run plays with his blocking and then when the D tightens up run him up the middle for a pass play. MM is much more a problem than TT.
    The GM wasn't the problem nor was it MM. Once Rodgers went down all MB wanted to do was get the hell out of town. His shoulder didn't bother him while Aaron was playing and it didn't bother him enough when NE came calling.