Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: "PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did Cook agree to the $6 mil per year deal? Why did he take less?
    cook says he never turned down the deal

they were in the middle of tough negotiations, the team put the 6 million a year on the table, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere, on the same morning, throw bennett for 7 million a year

i don't know if the offer then got pulled, or cook told the team to fuck off after they were fighting him so hard over every dime, just to turn around in a matter of minutes or hours and give a guy from another team everything he wanted, no questions asked

btw, reading some of the old articles, a-rod wanted cook back bad

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    cook says he never turned down the deal

they were in the middle of tough negotiations, the team put the 6 million a year on the table, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere, on the same morning, throw bennett for 7 million a year

i don't know if the offer then got pulled, or cook told the team to fuck off after they were fighting him so hard over every dime, just to turn around in a matter of minutes or hours and give a guy from another team everything he wanted, no questions asked

btw, reading some of the old articles, a-rod wanted cook back bad
    The Packers thought they had a deal. The agent walked away with the offer and said we will think about it.

That usually means they will shop it. And the Packers went out and signed Bennett. The fact that Cook then got less kinda establishes that they misjudged their market. Packers did not want a bidding war and there were other options.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

and just to add back to the free agency thing

i thought it was in this thread, but i couldn't find it anywhere, but somewhere, someone, was talking about going after richard sherman

a report came out yesterday that he just had surgery on his other achilles, during the season he blew out one and had to have surgery, now he had to have the other one fixed for some reason

so the guy will be coming off surgeries to both achilles

The Packers thought they had a deal. The agent walked away with the offer and said we will think about it.

That usually means they will shop it. And the Packers went out and signed Bennett. The fact that Cook then got less kinda establishes that they misjudged their market. Packers did not want a bidding war and there were other options.
    so, the team waited all of one night to see if they would sign?

because they had bennett signed right away the next morning

either way, the team offered less money to the guy that had the much better year and wasn't a cancer to his team

that was the whole point, wasn't it?

But wasn't one of our bitches about Ted that he always wanted to have only boy scouts? Weren't people jacked up that we finally had a "personality" on the team, someone with some attitude?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

That's how it appears to me as well.
    Go PACK

either way, the team offered less money to the guy that had the much better year and wasn't a cancer to his team

Going into the 2017 offseason I don't think you could find a single individual who valued Cook more highly then Bennett. Cook was faster but Bennett a much better blocker and more reliable overall. Ya, Bennett turned out to be a huge douche. Shit happens...and it's why TT/MM probably feel stronger about signing their own guys then guys off the market.
    Go PACK

Snooze you lose.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The other guy declined to sign the deal. It takes two.

And while you wait, Bennett is going to other teams.

For someone who has been clamoring to get back into FA, you have to accept that the constrained market, access and team leverage works against you sometimes. You can't be patient if you want most of the top guys.

The curious decision in this case would be who decided to dump waiting on Cook and sign Bennett? His reputation was public.

Someone who might have agitated for the move who really wanted some TE blocking?

How long exactly should they wait after offering a very fair deal to a guy who decides he wants to see if a cuter girl will make him a better offer?

Generally speaking, if a guy shops your deal to 31 other teams, one will be dumb enough to offer him better.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Predicting Perfect Landing Spots, Contracts for the NFL's Biggest Free Agents

DAVENPORT ... MARCH 2, 2018

Comment woodbuck27:

How about Trumaine Johnson?

" ..."Over the past three seasons, he's snagged 10 interceptions, two of which he returned the distance, and recorded 41 pass breakups," Wagner-McGough wrote. "In 2015, he allowed a 55.0 passer rating in coverage—second among qualified cornerbacks—according to Pro Football Focus. In 2016, he allowed an 89.4 passer rating in coverage, which ranked 34th. And this past season, he allowed a 79.8 passer rating in coverage, which ranked 36th. He might not be a top-five cornerback, but he's in the top-tier. ..."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau