Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: "PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I wasn't aware Graham is attempting to return from a catastrophic, potentially career-ending injury. And how the fuck is the guy "injury-prone?" Dude missed 5 games in 2015 (a fluke), but played in at least 15 games in each of his 7 other seasons. By comparison, A-Rod has landed on the IR at least 3 times in his career, in addition to dealing with calf problems once - Is Rodgers injury-prone?

I could see Graham reviving his career in GB the way Tony G did in Atlanta. German Shepherd needs to sign Graham. Whatever it takes.

Fifty-seven catches last year? Started thirteen games? Nine yards per catch? Dude, Richard Rodgers can do that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Fifty-seven catches last year? Started thirteen games? Nine yards per catch? Dude, Richard Rodgers can do that.
    Rodgers would start more games.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Tell me, which season exactly did Dick Rod started at least 13 games, caught 57 passes, averaged 9 yds a catch and scored 10 tds.

Using your logic, Adams is overpaid. Dude never once reached 1000 yds receiving and he’s injury prone.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rodgers would start more games.
    Except that D-Rod has never started more than 12 games in a season.

Except that D-Rod has never started more than 12 games in a season.
    DickRod can only play when called. He's always available.

If Mike wants to start O with no TE personnel, then the team starts with no TE. Graham would miss those starts plus his injured games.

At least Richard can continue to contribute to special teams.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Marty Bennett not retiring. Should Gutey kick the tires?

Malcolm Butler doesn't do a lot for me, especially at $9M/yr. His passer rating stats last year weren't great, and if he's short and slow what's the appeal?

I honestly don't expect them to sign any splash players...but I do expect them to sign for depth like they did with Davon House and Jahri Evans last season. I like the idea of signing vets who can contribute for a year or two in the locker room and provide depth/competition.

It's possible they forgo that because they have so many draft picks, but BG has publicly hinted that they will be active in FA.
    They're better off using their cap space to sign Rodgers to a long-term contract.

Jimmy Graham will want too much money, and he doesn't block. Might as well draft Auden Tate and run him or Michael Clark from the slot. Maybe Spriggs can play TE.

not a free agent but the Packers should have been in on the Marcus Peters trade. would have been great to get a shutdown corner. too late now.

Peters was the KC CB right? Isn't he the crazy version of Talib?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    DickRod can only play when called. He's always available.

If Mike wants to start O with no TE personnel, then the team starts with no TE. Graham would miss those starts plus his injured games.

At least Richard can continue to contribute to special teams.
    Again, Jimmy G had a fluke season in which he missed multiple games due to injuries. He's not by any means, medians or modes "injury-prone." Graham's a playmaker; He was a misfit in Seattle's run-first offense. Imagine A-Rod throwing Graham the rock in an offense whose #1 receiver currently is Adams, a guy who has never once topped the 1000 yds receiving mark. 80+ catches, 1500+ yards, 10+ TDs easily for Graham, especially without Jennings, Nelson, Jones and Driver in their primes to feed.

I don't get the love for sloth Richard Rodgers. Aside from the Hail Mary, Rodgers played like the TE that sat on the Bears' Practice Squad last season - Whoever that TE was, he had no problems matching Rodgers' kung fu (if my Chinese is correct, "kung fu" means "skill").

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Marty Bennett not retiring. Should Gutey kick the tires?
    Bring him back. He can block.

Why are folks complaining about Jimmy G's blocking. Ever since A-Rod, perhaps unjustly, took over for the Gunslinger, the only TE who could block very well in the Green and Gold was, gasp, Marty B.

Point is, a blocking TE is pointless with A-Rod at QB.

Bring him back. He can block.

Why are folks complaining about Jimmy G's blocking. Ever since A-Rod, perhaps unjustly, took over for the Gunslinger, the only TE who could block very well in the Green and Gold was, gasp, Marty B.

Point is, a blocking TE is pointless with A-Rod at QB.
    Do you think it's important for a TE to be able to block, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Peters was the KC CB right? Isn't he the crazy version of Talib?
    ha! you could put it that way. shut-down cb. int machine. oh well.

Do you think it's important for a TE to be able to block, or not?
    Forgot to include the wink icon in the 1st paragraph.

I'm all for signing Jimmy G. According to some Pack fans, he can't block worth a lick. To answer your question, no, blocking TEs are not important. Not in the Packers' O. Not with A-Rod at QB.

Spotrac estimates Graham's market value at 6.7 million

Release Jordy or Cobb to clear cap room.

Sign Graham

Move Ty Montgomery to slot WR position.

Any Takers?

Spotrac estimates Graham's market value at 6.7 million

Release Jordy or Cobb to clear cap room.

Sign Graham

Move Ty Montgomery to slot WR position.

Any Takers?
    Depends on what that $6.7M means. Is that salary and bonuses? This will be his last big check and I'm betting he'll want $20M up front to sign for 4. Puts his cap hit at $10M if he's getting $6 per for salary and incentives.

Here's some comparisons between him and Cobb. Graham hit Seattle's cap for $10M in 2017. Cobb was $12.7M in 2017. Cobb(27) is 4 years younger than Graham(31).

Tgts Rec Yds AVG TD Lng RPG YPG Ctch%
    96 57 520 9.1 10 33 3.6 32.5 59.4% - Graham
    92 66 653 9.9 4 46 4.4 43.5 71.7% - Cobb

This is with Bart Hundler at QB vs RusWill. Not sure what you're gaining at that point.

Edit:
    Nelson plays outside, but here's a comparison just for fun.

Nelson(32) hit GB's cap for $12.5M in 2017 and is a year older than Graham

88 53 482 9.1 6 58 3.5 32.1 60.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Depends on what that $6.7M means. Is that salary and bonuses? This will be his last big check and I'm betting he'll want $20M up front to sign for 4. Puts his cap hit at $10M if he's getting $6 per for salary and incentives.

Here's some comparisons between him and Cobb. Graham hit Seattle's cap for $10M in 2017. Cobb was $12.7M in 2017. Cobb(27) is 4 years younger than Graham(31).

96 57 520 9.1 10 33 3.6 32.5 59.4% - Graham
    92 66 653 9.9 4 46 4.4 43.5 71.7% - Cobb

This is with Bart Hundler at QB vs RusWill. Not sure what you're gaining at that point.

Edit:
    Nelson plays outside, but here's a comparison just for fun.

Nelson(32) hit GB's cap for $12.5M in 2017 and is a year older than Graham

88 53 482 9.1 6 58 3.5 32.1 60.2%
    Why compare Cobb to Graham? They play different positions. Graham would be an upgrade at TE. So if Montgomery could replace Cobb at slot, it would be an overall plus.

Jordy's days of playing primarily outside may be over.

Why compare Cobb to Graham? They play different positions. Graham would be an upgrade at TE. So if Montgomery could replace Cobb at slot, it would be an overall plus.

Jordy's days of playing primarily outside may be over.
    Mostly because you said cut one of them to sign Graham. Graham plays "TE"....sorta. He's more like a large slot receiver so he's not too far off from Cobb. If he's amazing, and he played with an MVP candidate QB, shouldn't his numbers have been better?

I guess I'm saying, I'm not sold on Graham at $10M.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

While not technically a free agent signing, ESPN reported the complexities of Damarius Randall's option year.

Apparently they have until May 3rd to declare if they will pick up the 5th year option on his rookie contract (or he would become a free agent next year). The NFL formula pegs his salary on the 5th year option at $8.526M.
    If they exercise the option, his salary is guaranteed against injury, but they could still release him prior to the first day of the league year (in 2019) without consequences.

They did exercise the option on Ha Ha, but did not on Nick Perry, who they eventually just resigned. It will be interesting to see what they do.