Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: "PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Dez is only 29 and made 16 starts this year. I like the fit.

He's still great at beating press coverage (a weakness of ours)
    He's still great at competing for contested balls (nice to have when nobody can get open see: Finley, Jermichael)
    His best route is the back shoulder thing (happens to be a Rodger's special)
    He gets away with tons of OPI
    Knows how to set a guy up and get deep without needing to win a race
    The OPI thing is not only hilarious but there's some truth to it. Like the Seahawks on defense (DPI), or Dez on offense, they seem to get away with it. If it were up to me I'd be looking to see if Larry Fitz becomes free. He's everything Dez is and more and might take less to play with an Aaron type. Just saying, its a nice thought.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Dez is only 29 and made 16 starts this year. I like the fit.

He's still great at beating press coverage (a weakness of ours)
    He's still great at competing for contested balls (nice to have when nobody can get open see: Finley, Jermichael)
    His best route is the back shoulder thing (happens to be a Rodger's special)
    He gets away with tons of OPI
    Knows how to set a guy up and get deep without needing to win a race
    He's like Davante Adams. Packers need a speed guy to complement Adams, not another Adams. When Packers 2nd round pick comes along, get TT on the phone and tell him to pick a WR. Use your free agent money at CB or OLB.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He's like Davante Adams. Packers need a speed guy to complement Adams, not another Adams. When Packers 2nd round pick comes along, get TT on the phone and tell him to pick a WR. Use your free agent money at CB or OLB.
    There might be more types of WRs than just speed guys and non-speed guys. Adams is a classic Packer mold: perfect timing on routes, explosive cuts, great hands, and have some wiggle after the catch. Everything compliments that. Can't get too many of those guys but Bryant is far more physical than Adams. He bullies DBs at the line and down the field. At 29 he might still have some of that deceptive long strider deep speed he used to have.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

TO could still do pretty well in the league today. What's the difference between TO and Dez? Dez is slightly less of a PITA. I'd take him in a second. LMAO - he is a MUCH better and more talented player than Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    TO could still do pretty well in the league today. What's the difference between TO and Dez? Dez is slightly less of a PITA. I'd take him in a second. LMAO - he is a MUCH better and more talented player than Adams.
    Was. On a downward tend. 3 straight years under 1000 yards. YPC down to 12.1. Catch% of 52 even though Prescott's completion% is 63. Still a good player but not elite anymore.

Look who's throwing him the ball, though. Went from Tony Romo to some bum. Yes, I am much lower on Dak than many others are. He'll be a back-up in a few years IMHO.

I don't want TO. I would prefer Gutey draft a young faster player this spring instead.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    who is this 'TT' you speak of?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

He's like Davante Adams.
    with less speed, worse hands, worse attitude, and he doesn't "survive the ground" well. no thank you.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    with less speed, worse hands, worse attitude, and he doesn't "survive the ground" well. no thank you.
    Hahaha #stillnotacatch
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Hahaha #stillnotacatch
    yup. Too bad, so sad.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    who is this 'TT' you speak of?
    Executive Vice-President In Charge Of Wide Receivers Drafted In The 2nd Round.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    and Offensive Lineman drafted on day 3
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I heard Jerry Rice is on the comeback trail.

and Offensive Lineman drafted on day 3
    One of the cruel ironies of the Jason Spriggs selection is that TT traded a 4th round pick to move up in the 2nd round to take Spriggs. Yes the 4th round is the round that TT drafted Lang, Sitton, Bakhtiari and Tretter.

Blog Entries
    One of the cruel ironies of the Jason Spriggs selection is that TT traded a 4th round pick to move up in the 2nd round to take Spriggs. Yes the 4th round is the round that TT drafted Lang, Sitton, Bakhtiari and Tretter.
    There were some VERY good players there; and there was Spriggs............ouch
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Ye all of little SPRIGGS faith ...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hope Spriggs eternal.