Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
TO campaigned pretty hard that he was getting different standards applied to him than others. So much was brought up about his antics that were not a measuring stick that was applied to other players. I think he made just enough sense and got other players already in the HOF agreeing with him and stumped for him as well to be in that they convinced enough voters. I also think that the writers like to get in some final dig at the players they didn't like. By keeping them out of the HOF for a year or several years, they get some last bit of pettiness at the player.
Yes I agree and the 'tbe be patient with us as we had to be patient with your impetulant ways in the past' factor and holding TO out until year three of eligibility.

Then there is the possible Point of bringing in Randy Moss as a First Ballot Candidate and any consideration of holding Moss out based on his off field behaviour.

I think it came down to this:

Looking at Terrell Owens and Randy Moss, it became way too obvious that there game production had to place both in the NFL HOF.

When a NFL player has to be seriously considered and game planned for year after year that player has to be seriously considered for the NFL Hall Fame.