Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: M.M.M.D 1.0

Rat Starter

M.M.M.D 1.0

This is "My Mastery Mockery of a Draft," version 1.0, pre-combine and pre-compensatory picks. These are the players Ted Thompson should draft. Granted, not many folks have ever heard of these players. As the draft draws nearer and nearer, however, keep these dudes in mind.

Keep in mind that I hold a Master's in Mock Draft from the Mel Kiper Jr. School of College Football Scouting and Hair Design at the prestigious ESPNU.

Round/Player/Pos/College/Comment

1. Lamarcus Joyner, S, Florida St: 5'8" but a Bob Sanders clone. Runs a 4.5ish 40. Despite diminutive stature, hits like a wrecking ball. Physical as a horny goat. Excellent coverage skills. Unless Ted Thompson trades up, the Packers have no chance at mofo safety Clinton-Dix. Pryor is another tall, slow safety, a la Morgan Burnett.

2. Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford: 6'2", 205 lbs, 4.5 40. This guy would allow the Packers to play Joyner at "free," a la Nick Collins, a la Earl Fucking Thomas. Big, physical and fast. Had 6 picks in 2012; a ballhawk.

3. Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut: Lori Nickel would love to interview this guy in a locker room. Tall (6'4") and physical. Not as fast as former Bear great, Brian Urlacher, but a poor man Urlacher nonetheless.

4. Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama: 6'6" 252 lbs. A pass blocking OLB with pass rush potentials (7 sacks in 2012). Physical and is a distant relative of Goliath.

5. Kenall James, CB, Maine: 6'0" and runs the 40 in 4.3 seconds. Fast and physical, even at 175 lbs. Needs to add 10 lbs to be even more physical.

6. Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd: 6'4" 238 lbs, 4.4 40. Nobody knows where the fuck Shepherd is. Would be a 1st round pick if played at Alabama. 35 sacks in 47 games. Fast and physical.

7. Nick Perry, S, Alabama: Has prototypical size (6'1" 212 lbs). 4.55 40. Played in only 2 games in '13 due to injuries. Physical when healthy. Not a ball hawk (O pick in NCAA career) but has ok coverage skills. Better than MD Jenning.

Overview:

Ron Wolf once tailored an entire draft toward stopping former Packer-killa, Randy Moss. Colin Kaepernick currently owns the Packers. "Kap" is a modern day Packer-killa, and he isn't going away for a long time - unlike Moss, whom the Vikings stupidly got rid of. If Thompson is smart, he'd tailor a draft toward stopping Kap by drafting many a-fast and physical defenders.

You're missing a 4th and 6th round comp pick.

I would rather have Clay Matthews, S, Alabama.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Thanks I'll be checking all of those fellas out.

3 X LB and 4 X DB (3 X S and a CB).

Nothing on the DL!? Do you feel comfortable at WR and TE?

See post #2 Smuggler and Round 4 and 6 Compensatory Picks.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-23-2014 at 07:24 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm betting there are going to be some mighty angry packer rats when Thompson picks offense this draft.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm betting there are going to be some mighty angry packer rats when Thompson picks offense this draft.
    Not me. Well, I guess that depends on who else is left on the board.
    They will need to find help at TE and WR (unless they can somehow keep JJ/Jordy/Cobb together past 2014).
    Also, if someone throws Scott Wells money at EDS they'll need to find someone to compete with Tretter. Lang isn't a good option.

I expect them to spend at least 2 picks on offense...won't be an all-D draft.

I am very impressed that Hubbard is a distant relative of Goliath...good writeup.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

See post #2 Smuggler and Round 4 and 6 Compensatory Picks.
    See post #1 "This is "My Mastery Mockery of a Draft," version 1.0, pre-combine and pre-compensatory picks."
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

See post #1 "This is "My Mastery Mockery of a Draft," version 1.0, pre-combine and pre-compensatory picks."
    What are you doing to at least try to help focus us somewhat on the DRAFT 'M' ? Have you tried studying the prospects and come up empty? Don't you see a thing in this draft class?

Rodgers12 has expended some effort to believe he has.

The Off Season is NOW. FA and the DRAFT is what we direct our attention to or focus on as Packer fans.

Is your criticism encouraging...anything lending to a +ve here ?

Don't you have "any better game"?

Show us that you have more game. If you do !??
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-23-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

well keep in mind that this "draft and develop" is suppose to be drafting guys and developing them for the future. i don't know if we can ignore the offensive side of the ball again like we did in 2012

after this season we have some big time free agents on offense, and we probably won't be resigning them all

3 Safeties, LOL.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well keep in mind that this "draft and develop" is suppose to be drafting guys and developing them for the future. i don't know if we can ignore the offensive side of the ball again like we did in 2012

after this season we have some big time free agents on offense, and we probably won't be resigning them all
    TT has to look at the OL and at WR. He has to also consider our TE situation after Andrew Quarless opts in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    I would rather have Clay Matthews, S, Alabama.
    Better interview his hamstrings first.

TT has to look at the OL and at WR. He has to also consider our TE situation after Andrew Quarless opts in or out.
    Quarless will be back. He has a place in GB's offense as a solid #2 TE.

What are you doing to at least try to help focus us somewhat on the DRAFT 'M' ? Have you tried studying the prospects and come up empty? Don't you see a thing in this draft class?

Rodgers12 has expended some effort to believe he has.

The Off Season is NOW. FA and the DRAFT is what we direct our attention to or focus on as Packer fans.

Is your criticism encouraging...anything lending to a +ve here ?

Don't you have "any better game"?

Show us that you have more game. If you do !??
    And how are you contributing by judging the contributions of others?

Stop being such an asshole. rand simply pointed out what you were too lazy or stupid or busy ctrl-C'ing to read. You're a terrible person.

On topic: drafting Lamarcus Joyner would be stupid. We need a short "hard hitting" safety, especially in this division, like we need another Atari Bigby. The physical limitations WILL be magnified, exploited, and maybe even mocked, and the NFL is trying to eliminate hard hits coming from the secondary. In short Joyner will translate to an oft-penalized, oft-beaten umpa lumpa, which, while entertaining, will not help this defense.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

It wouldn't surprise me to see TT draft 3 skill players on the offense; really need a WR who can return kicks for a year or two and them move into the #3 or #2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    And how are you contributing by judging the contributions of others?

Stop being such an asshole. rand simply pointed out what you were too lazy or stupid or busy ctrl-C'ing to read. You're a terrible person.

On topic: drafting Lamarcus Joyner would be stupid. We need a short "hard hitting" safety, especially in this division, like we need another Atari Bigby. The physical limitations WILL be magnified, exploited, and maybe even mocked, and the NFL is trying to eliminate hard hits coming from the secondary. In short Joyner will translate to an oft-penalized, oft-beaten umpa lumpa, which, while entertaining, will not help this defense.
    Your judging me as a terrible person.

I'm devasted.

I'm devasted.

One can hope

Urban Dictionary: devasted - can be used as a synomyn to "poof." Means to disappear suddenly without explanation.

Blog Entries
    I'm careful to not curse players this early..........but............I'd be pretty happy if TT got the #1 TE in the draft or the #2 safety with that pick.
    I think Chris Borland might be Zach Thomas as well. I'll take that in Green Bay. He was the second best LB in the State of Wisconsin last year.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

One can hope

Urban Dictionary: devasted - can be used as a synomyn to "poof." Means to disappear suddenly without explanation.
    Should I be complimented that you seem somehow distracted by me? What you feel has never offered much to impress me mraynrand. That's NOT changing.

Any issue you have with me is 110% your issue. Inside of "YOU" mraynrand or what's so clearly demonstrated as rotten in you little man.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post

Joyner is the complete safety. Can cover very well. Can blitz very well. Not afraid to hit. Excellent special teams player. Plus, dude's the only safety in this draft class that can outrun Kaepernick.

Check this out: