Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I honestly believe the changes in the CBA limiting contact in practice is the reason why injuries are up league wide.

Since the injury debacle of 2011 and 2012 I think, the Packers are dead league average for injuries and games lost. The sports science guys brought one magical year of healthy starters, but even when it inevitably dipped, they dipped to average not horrific.

When was that Cardinal playoff loss with the double Hail Mary? That year it was all at WR.

The weird thing about the last two years is how it seemed concentrated in the secondary.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Since the injury debacle of 2011 and 2012 I think, the Packers are dead league average for injuries and games lost. The sports science guys brought one magical year of healthy starters, but even when it inevitably dipped, they dipped to average not horrific.

When was that Cardinal playoff loss with the double Hail Mary? That year it was all at WR.

The weird thing about the last two years is how it seemed concentrated in the secondary.
    cardinals was 2015, and WR, yes.

2013 was Rodger's Shoulder I, 2014 his calf (was 2014 the magical injury-free year? If so, what happened to Clay in the NFCC game?). 2017 is Rodger's shoulder II (the hard reboot), DB, some running back and O-line. Last year was DB and ....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

cardinals was 2015, and WR, yes.

2013 was Rodger's Shoulder I, 2014 his calf (was 2014 the magical injury-free year? If so, what happened to Clay in the NFCC game?). 2017 is Rodger's shoulder II (the hard reboot), DB, some running back and O-line. Last year was DB and ....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Of course some of our injury issues lately were because one or two positions got hit hard. In 2016 corner got decimated. This past year it was the tackle position along with corner yet again.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...72933139771392

If this happens and Ansah does hit the market, you pony up and do whatever you need to do to sign him.

Getting a healthy Ansah would be great; It's far from a sure thing he'd stay healthy, though.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Of the FA Ted brought in this past season Evans was the most productive. Poor House and Brooks were hurt more than not. Kendricks was a disappointment and Bennett was a shit. I too was excited when we brought in MB but looking back there was a reason why a guy with his talent wore out his welcome in 3 other cities. Our biggest mistake was going with that goofball instead of keeping Cook. And why we didn't even bother to talk to Peppers is one of life's mysteries.
    Nailed it !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I honestly believe the changes in the CBA limiting contact in practice is the reason why injuries are up league wide.
    I think your saying Players are getting too soft!?

If your a runner training for a Long Distance Race;you don't train by going for walks.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I think your saying Players are getting too soft!?

If your a runner training for a Long Distance Race;you don't train by going for walks.
    No, the players are not soft but like you said you don't train for a marathon by walking.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Stephen Jones down here in Dallas has some choice words for Dez. Questions rising about if he's gonna be around next year. If Dez is released, anybody interested in him as no.2 behind Davante? Obviously the money would have to be low enough. But as a possession guy, Dez might be interesting with Aaron tossing him the ball.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Stephen Jones down here in Dallas has some choice words for Dez. Questions rising about if he's gonna be around next year. If Dez is released, anybody interested in him as no.2 behind Davante? Obviously the money would have to be low enough. But as a possession guy, Dez might be interesting with Aaron tossing him the ball.
    Oh hell no. He has drop issues, no speed, and acts like he's still an elite WR.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Does anyone have numbers on injuries overall for the League over a number of years?

Because I kinda doubt its much higher than prior to the new CBA.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Does anyone have numbers on injuries overall for the League over a number of years?

Because I kinda doubt its much higher than prior to the new CBA.
    I've aggregated it before from pages like this: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...7_injuries.htm
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Haha! No argument from me. He's certainly not the same guy he once was. Now ask yourself, Dez vs Jordy or Cobb. Id still take a guy like Jordy or Cobb over a guy like Dez.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    You beat me to saying it - on all counts.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Dez is a premier receiver and physical specimen. I'd take him if he's not a yank off of the field. Look at who's throwing him the ball!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Dez is a premier receiver and physical specimen. I'd take him if he's not a yank off of the field. Look at who's throwing him the ball!
    He led the league in drops this year. You're thinking of 2014 Dez, he would be worth pursuing. His production has fallen off a cliff since then.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Dez would definitely be better with Aaron throwing him the ball. He was high on the 'targets' list this year too but Dak just wasn't that accurate. I think Dez could put up numbers here as a no.2, but I just wouldn't want to put up with his attitude. Not Packer People

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Dez is only 29 and made 16 starts this year. I like the fit.

He's still great at beating press coverage (a weakness of ours)
    He's still great at competing for contested balls (nice to have when nobody can get open see: Finley, Jermichael)
    His best route is the back shoulder thing (happens to be a Rodger's special)
    He gets away with tons of OPI
    Knows how to set a guy up and get deep without needing to win a race
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.