Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: "PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Spotrac has them with 21 million cap room. Spotrac has the cap at at 183 million.
    That would raise everyone's cap space. Packers still in the twenties for most cap space. Not a lot of room. But more importantly, many others with more stupid money to spend.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That would raise everyone's cap space. Packers still in the twenties for most cap space. Not a lot of room. But more importantly, many others with more stupid money to spend.
    Packers back in November filed claim to get back 4 million of Bennett's signing bonus. If they win the claim, does that get added to their cap room? Arbitrator is supposed to make decision before start of league year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers back in November filed claim to get back 4 million of Bennett's signing bonus. If they win the claim, does that get added to their cap room? Arbitrator is supposed to make decision before start of league year.
    Would make sense but haven’t read anything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Source for previous chart: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

Remember, Rodgers probably gets a new deal this offseason.
    I'm also going to assume they'll either cut or restructure some big contracts to save money, too (CM3, JN, RC).

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    John Dorsey resembles Mike Sherman more than Ted Thompson. Dorsey led the Chiefs into the dreaded cap hell, just like Sherman once did with our beloved Pack.

[/sarcasm]
    Maybe that is why he ran out of town faster than Joe Mixon after clocking that chick.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Maybe that is why he ran out of town faster than Joe Mixon after clocking that chick.
    I think it was because he did not draft a punter.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    I'm also going to assume they'll either cut or restructure some big contracts to save money, too (CM3, JN, RC).
    That would change the calculus and the needs a bit. I think I could see one WR take a cut (Nelson) but I think the other two are staying.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    TO could still do pretty well in the league today. What's the difference between TO and Dez? Dez is slightly less of a PITA. I'd take him in a second. LMAO - he is a MUCH better and more talented player than Adams.
    This TO?

That TO was an excellent WR ! Dez Bryant isn't an NFL HOFer Candidate while Terrell Owens certainly is.

From 1998 - 2008 that TO hauled in 127 TD's or an average of 11.54 TD's Season over those 11 Seasons. That's a rate of 1.233 TD's per Game !

That's just EXCELLENT !

Dez Bryant NFL Career 2010-2017 TD's Total equals 73 TD's or an average of 9.125 TD's per Season and 0.646 TD's per Game. Over the course of the last 3 Seasons his TD Production Rate isn't productive producing 'only' 17 TD's in 37 Games played or 0.459 TD's per Game.

I don't want to see Dez Bryant in the Green and Gold.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Math is a little off Woody. TO played 157 games over that timeframe you posted. So 127 TDs over 157 games is .808 TDs/game. Still a real good stretch by a WR though.

The comment by Partial is way off. TO is 44 now, he couldn't even sniff the league at this point.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

That's just silly. You don't think Randy Moss or TO could still get deep? 44 is old, sure, but athletes don't just go from premier to nothing over night. They could easily make a roster, but they both have plenty of money that additional traction on the body isn't worth the salary they'd earn.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Regardless, Dorsey built the current team in Kansas City, you know, that team that made the playoffs this season. And there's no such thing as cap hell in this day and age of soaring revenues and titanic TV contracts. Sure, it appears like the Chiefs are currently over the cap at this moment in space-time, but all they have to do is get rid of game manager Alex Smith, and they'll be out of cap hell in no time.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    That's just silly. You don't think Randy Moss or TO could still get deep? 44 is old, sure, but athletes don't just go from premier to nothing over night. They could easily make a roster, but they both have plenty of money that additional traction on the body isn't worth the salary they'd earn.
    ‘Overnight’

If a 44 year old (former) athlete could make an NFL roster at a skill position today, we would be seeing at least one of them out there. You can slow down the effects of aging on maximal heart rate, VO2max, loss of muscle mass and declining recovery ability, but you cannot stop it. But that aside the idea is just silly. If Owens were to make an NFL roster today he would either be attempting a comeback after seven years of NFL inactivity (and about 14 years past his physical prime) or he would have been on an NFL roster for twenty two years at a skill position, which means he would probably have had at least three career-ending injuries by now and would be on his second set of artificial knees.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    ... attempting a comeback after seven years of NFL inactivity.
    'overnight'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Meh, I still think Michael Jordan at 50-something could beat 2/3 of the NBA in one-on-one, and I still think Brett Favre, in the right situation, could sit back and sling the football as well as anyone.

Just look at Brady.

Maybe sustained performance is not there, but I think most of these studs can get the fast twitch firin' up again and make some big plays.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    What do yall think about David Irving? Rumors in Dallas are saying the Cowboys may place a 2nd round tender on him. I'd consider our second rounder for him. He's really young and really explosive.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Math is a little off Woody. TO played 157 games over that timeframe you posted. So 127 TDs over 157 games is .808 TDs/game. Still a real good stretch by a WR though.

The comment by Partial is way off. TO is 44 now, he couldn't even sniff the league at this point.
    " TO played 157 games over that timeframe you posted. So 127 TDs over 157 games is .808 TDs/game. " Cheesehead Craig

Comment
    woodbuck27:

Your correct.

I'll add this here as I was interested in when if ever Terrell Owens would make the HOF based on his previous two years of eligibility and negative results; what happened that he did get the approval vote this year?

Here's a Story on that:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/2/...-debate-length

Terrell Owens debate was longest of the day for Hall of Fame voters

I wonder what changed people’s minds in year three?

By: David Fucillo@davidfucillo ... Feb 5, 2018, 6:45am PST
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-06-2018 at 09:39 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    What do yall think about David Irving? Rumors in Dallas are saying the Cowboys may place a 2nd round tender on him. I'd consider our second rounder for him. He's really young and really explosive.
    I would love it. It sounds like he is a rising star. I doubt they will do it due to the financial realities of the game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    This has to be a serious consideration:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_...ican_football)

" ...On March 6, 2017, Irving re-signed with the Cowboys.[11] On May 23, 2017, it was announced that Irving would be suspended four games due to violating the league's performance enhancing drugs policy.[12] His appeal was denied and was officially suspended the first four games of the 2017 season.[13]

Despite missing the first four games because of his suspension, and the final two because of a lingering concussion, Irving still accrued seven sacks on the year.[14] ..."

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I wonder what changed people’s minds in year three?
    TO campaigned pretty hard that he was getting different standards applied to him than others. So much was brought up about his antics that were not a measuring stick that was applied to other players. I think he made just enough sense and got other players already in the HOF agreeing with him and stumped for him as well to be in that they convinced enough voters. I also think that the writers like to get in some final dig at the players they didn't like. By keeping them out of the HOF for a year or several years, they get some last bit of pettiness at the player.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!