Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: "PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Spotrac estimates Graham's market value at 6.7 million

Release Jordy or Cobb to clear cap room.

Sign Graham

Move Ty Montgomery to slot WR position.

Any Takers?

YES.....I AM IN....NO BRAINER
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Graham is 31 and his production was way down since he came to Seattle. It used to be a run first offense out there but not lately: Wilson has thrown for over 4000 yards two of the last three seasons and just missed last year. It's just that not many of those yards have gone to Jimmie Graham. I see further decline and more injuries in his near future. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    While not technically a free agent signing, ESPN reported the complexities of Damarius Randall's option year.

Apparently they have until May 3rd to declare if they will pick up the 5th year option on his rookie contract (or he would become a free agent next year). The NFL formula pegs his salary on the 5th year option at $8.526M.
    If they exercise the option, his salary is guaranteed against injury, but they could still release him prior to the first day of the league year (in 2019) without consequences.

They did exercise the option on Ha Ha, but did not on Nick Perry, who they eventually just resigned. It will be interesting to see what they do.
    This a no-brainer... let him walk.

The sooner the better.
    wist

A starting corner at 8.5M? No way they don't pick up that option knowing they can get out consequence free before the start of the league year.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    A starting corner at 8.5M? No way they don't pick up that option knowing they can get out consequence free before the start of the league year.
    He's not a starting corner on any team but the Packers... and that's the point of dumping his useless ass.
    wist

Come on, Wist, just cuz you didn't like him coming out of college doesn't mean you can't reevaluate your assessment based on his recent performances. Once Kevin King was hurt, Randall was the Packers' best corner, and might have been before then. He is a starting NFL corner - maybe a slot corner, but a starting NFL corner.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Packers will not get back any of Marty Bennett's signing bonus. The prorated amount of 4.2 million will count against the Packers 2018 cap. That was one bad free agent pickup.

Packers will not get back any of Marty Bennett's signing bonus. The prorated amount of 4.2 million will count against the Packers 2018 cap. That was one bad free agent pickup.
    Would love to know the details of what the Packers allege.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Come on, Wist, just cuz you didn't like him coming out of college doesn't mean you can't reevaluate your assessment based on his recent performances. Once Kevin King was hurt, Randall was the Packers' best corner, and might have been before then. He is a starting NFL corner - maybe a slot corner, but a starting NFL corner.
    The Packers were what?? against the pass??

Was watching a national show a few weeks back and they were talking about the Packers pass defense... 28th in this, and 31st in that, and yada yada...

He makes the occasional splash INT, but the other 67 snaps he's missing tackles, taking bad angles, and getting burned. He's a terrible player.

No Fritz, my assessment of him has not changed one bit. The sooner he is a former Packer, the better. Ryan and Spriggs need to join him on the flight out of town too.
    wist

randall is terrible

tbuck 2.0. gets ints, but can't cover and can't tackle

Let me just go on the record and remind you all that when they signed Bennett, I was totally against that. Many times, I said he was past his prime, that there was a reason he had played for so many teams, that he would probably block fine but would drop a lot of passes, that he would probably quit on the team if Aaron Rodgers got hurt, and that Ted would release him but try to get some of that money back, but that they would lose that money.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Let me just go on the record and remind you all that when they signed Bennett, I was totally against that. Many times, I said he was past his prime, that there was a reason he had played for so many teams, that he would probably block fine but would drop a lot of passes, that he would probably quit on the team if Aaron Rodgers got hurt, and that Ted would release him but try to get some of that money back, but that they would lose that money.
    i'm on the record as saying he might be at the most a slight upgrade over cook

turns out he was a massive downgrade. and what really sucks is that cook really wanted to stay here and would have been cheaper

I said I agree with Fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

turns out he was a massive downgrade. and what really sucks is that cook really wanted to stay here and would have been cheaper

At least they won't lose players due to TT's ego anymore.

I said I agree with Fritz.
    Boy, this re-writing history is easier than I thought it would be.

KYPack

Not so sure on cook being cheaper. Pretty sure him and his agent misjudged the market.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    At least they won't lose players due to TT's ego anymore.
    Ted Thompson - egomaniac

When the subject of Thompson came up during Seahawks GM John Schneider's combine news conference on Friday, the former Ron Wolf/Ted Thompson protégé became emotional. Schneider was asked about Thompson's impact on the Packers, and he got one word out before his voice began to break up.

"Enormous," Schneider said.

"He's a special guy," Schneider resumed. "And he did [it] his own way. His personality. His quiet, ethical, great character, high character."
    http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...elt-at-combine
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Not so sure on cook being cheaper. Pretty sure him and his agent misjudged the market.
    packers offered cook a 6 million a year incentive laden contract, and pulled it off the table when they gave bennett 7 per year with no funny money

cook signed for 5.3 per year with oakland

packers offered cook a 6 million a year incentive laden contract, and pulled it off the table when they gave bennett 7 per year with no funny money

cook signed for 5.3 per year with oakland
    Did Cook agree to the $6 mil per year deal? Why did he take less?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did Cook agree to the $6 mil per year deal? Why did he take less?
    There was an article a few weeks ago basically saying Packers thought they had an agreement with Cook and Cook's agent came back asking for more last minute. Cook's side is of course saying otherwise. One of those nobody really knows type of deals.
    Go PACK