DraftTek Mock Draft Packer Picks:

1. Denzel Ward - CB - Ohio St.
    2. Deon Cain - WR - Clemson
    3. Jaylon Ferguson - Edge - La. Tech
    4. Mike Gesicki - TE - Penn St.
    5. Jason Cabinda - ILB - Penn St.
    6. Gaelin Elmore - DE - Minnesota
    7. Daylon Mack - NT - Texas A&M

If the Packers draft someone named Ferguson, Bretsky will melt down and someone will be very confused about the PackerRat relationship between them and Turd Ferguson.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

My gut feeling is the Packers will trade down into the mid-20s or something. Somebody is gonna fall in love with one of the QBs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...w-articleshare

I don't think I've ever seen Edmunds, Vea or Davenport play, but I'm good with any of them in that order. Vea may not fit the ideal spot but getting a huge and powerful line will enable line backers to run free and make things happen.

at senior bowl practice:
    Marcus Davenport‏
    @MarcusJD84
    Follow Follow @MarcusJD84
    More
    Got to improve, the Oline got the best of me today

2:08 PM - 23 Jan 2018
    read a bit of his timeline and see what people are saying about him.

twitter.com/MarcusJD84

they'd better not take a flyer on him in the first round.
    Last edited by gbgary; 01-24-2018 at 10:50 AM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    My gut feeling is the Packers will trade down into the mid-20s or something. Somebody is gonna fall in love with one of the QBs.
    Maybe Green Bay
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Maybe Green Bay
    We need a new backup to groom for failure the next time Rodgers gets injured.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    We need a new backup to groom for failure the next time Rodgers gets injured.
    No, no! We waste 5th round picks on failed backups. We blow second round picks on guys we pick as insurance in case Rodgers doesn't pan out. First round picks are all used for golden HOF MVPs - especially the guys who drop to the end of the first round or drunks who Jerry Glanville hates.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

No, no! We waste 5th round picks on failed backups. We blow second round picks on guys we pick as insurance in case Rodgers doesn't pan out. First round picks are all used for golden HOF MVPs - especially the guys who drop to the end of the first round or drunks who Jerry Glanville hates.
    LOL.

I did think about that. Favre was 35 when then then-new Packers GM Ted Thompson drafted Rodgers. Rodgers is 34.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Think of the power the Packers have to change lives, just due to draft position. If Lamar Jackson falls to them in the 1st, he will be a HOF QB. If he falls to them the second round, he will be a bust (especially since he's from Louisville).

Think of the power the Packers have to change lives, just due to draft position. If Lamar Jackson falls to them in the 1st, he will be a HOF QB. If he falls to them the second round, he will be a bust (especially since he's from Louisville).
    Atlanta could also take him late and then trade him for a first to compete the incantation.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    at senior bowl practice:

read a bit of his timeline and see what people are saying about him.

twitter.com/MarcusJD84

they'd better not take a flyer on him in the first round.
    Very different report on Davenport:

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-south-team-page

Tues: Primarily lined up at defensive end. Looked super quick and very athletic. Quick with his hands and explosive and flashed impressive lower-body power. Struggles once engaged in a block and was manhandled by Alex Cappa on one down.

Wed: Another solid practice for Davenport. He is an imposing figure and can be tough to handle. Davenport plays with great balance and body control and is never off his feet. He held his ground against double-team blocks and besides the power, showed excellent speed.
    People making a big deal about him getting flattened on one running play. He's a guy with a lot of potential upside. Lot of evaluation left to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Atlanta could also take him late and then trade him for a first to compete the incantation.
    I’m going to the back yard to behead a chicken right now. If only I had a hecatome of cattle to sacrifice to the football Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

People making a big deal about him getting flattened on one running play. He's a guy with a lot of potential upside. Lot of evaluation left to be done.
    The only thing that I keep coming back to is that if this guy was a sure thing and a guaranteed star, he'd go #1 in the draft with that size. He's going to be a project but I agree, lots of upside potential. Boom or bust pick, I wouldn't mind it I don't think. Worse case, he should be able to defend okay with that size alone.

The Lamar Jackson Project

1. Falls to Packers in the first or taken before Packers second round pick (need a trade then)
    2. Regarded as typical athletic college QB with big arm (add in some racially tinged anonymous scout commentary for chip on shoulder)
    3. Louisville's non track record of producing pro QBs
    4. Packer's don't need a starting QB, do need a few other things

The only thing not going the Packer way here is Bridgewater. His relative success might mess up the draft/trade juju here.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers need pass rush. Plenty of cheap FAs to play the run (Quentin Dial, RJF, Lawrence Guy, Ahmad Brooks).

his own words were most surprising.

this quote from your post doesn't bode well:

Tues: Primarily lined up at defensive end. Looked super quick and very athletic. Quick with his hands and explosive and flashed impressive lower-body power. Struggles once engaged in a block and was manhandled by Alex Cappa on one down.
    that's going to happen on every play where's he rushing...and this is against big-time college guys not pros. sounds like he's a project guy for some team who can afford to put low in a depth chart.

give me a no-brainer even at a different position first.
    Last edited by gbgary; 01-25-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I’m going to the back yard to behead a chicken right now. If only I had a hecatome of cattle to sacrifice to the football Gods.
    So, you have chickens, but no cattle? What kind of operation are you running?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Just starting to look at guys...

So far I like Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, LB, Oklahoma

Would pass on Marcus Davenport, DE, UT-San Antonio... not quick enough.

Jeff Holland, LB, Auburn... doesn't have any special traits. His get off is average - didn't see much of him dropping in coverage. Seems to be a one-speed player.

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, VT... very intriguing player. Tall, rangy, takes good angles - can get caught looking in the backfield too much though. Could be a very versatile player. Want to see what he runs at the combine.
    wist