Thread: Official 2018 Mock Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Optimist that I am, Joe, if they did draft Davenport - unlikely IMO, I'd be hopeful, especially with this new GM, that they know what they're doing and the guy is star quality from a lower level school.

Smidgeon, true, not all, probably not even a majority of first rounders turn into superstars, but some do, and we just haven't been getting our share - really none since Clay Matthews, and we should have had a couple since then. Raji don't count. If he was ever star quality at all, he faded way too quick.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Optimist that I am, Joe, if they did draft Davenport - unlikely IMO, I'd be hopeful, especially with this new GM, that they know what they're doing and the guy is star quality from a lower level school.

Smidgeon, true, not all, probably not even a majority of first rounders turn into superstars, but some do, and we just haven't been getting our share - really none since Clay Matthews, and we should have had a couple since then. Raji don't count. If he was ever star quality at all, he faded way too quick.
    Raji counted because his play in 2010 helped get the trophy. He burned out super fast (back down to consistent starter level), but he burned very bright that year.

You're right. On the defensive side, we haven't hit except for (maybe) Casey Hayward. But he isn't on the team anymore due to injuries and rookie potential from Randall and Rollins and Shields upping his game.

The Packers are due for a superstar. Honestly, it might be Clark. We'll see. But it's still not something you can target in a draft, otherwise they'd all go #1, #2, and #3 instead of showing up in random spots in the draft.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.