Thread: Official 2018 Mock Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    They got the priority of positions right. What I could find out on Landry was not too hot - very unspectacular stats and kinda short at 6'3 for an edge rusher. I like what I read about Marcus Davenport better.

Washington does seem too good to last until mid second round. He's a deep threat that would be nice to get.

Gesicki seems stiff even though he isn't overly big. I think we could do better farther down in the draft. I will be watching for him in the Senior Bowl though. We need Jimmy Graham plus a mid round athletic draft pick TE even if he's a project.

My heart says Cichy in the 4th is good. My head says he will be around in the 5th or 6th and would be a bargain then. What I really want is Clay Matthews at ILB paired with Martinez. Then we don't really need to draft one.
    Landry had an ankle injury in 2017 which caused him to miss their last 5 games. He was dominant in 2016 with 16 sacks. His draft position could well depend on whether teams feel the ankle is still an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Landry had an ankle injury in 2017 which caused him to miss their last 5 games. He was dominant in 2016 with 16 sacks. His draft position could well depend on whether teams feel the ankle is still an issue.
    What kind of injury was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm guessing it's an ankle sprain. I've read nothing to indicate surgery was needed. He does not appear to be on the Senior Bowl roster, although he was invited. Guess we'll have to wait until the Combine to find out about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    His stats were not very good in '17 even before he missed those games. Maybe he was playing injured the first 6 or 7 games.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    His stats were not very good in '17 even before he missed those games. Maybe he was playing injured the first 6 or 7 games.
    Could be. Or maybe he was getting double-teamed a lot because he was so good in 2016. Film often tells more than stats.