Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
VERY impressed with his PC. http://www.packers.com/media-center/...e-611db29872efMaybe it's the Kool-aid kicking in.

Few things that stood out. He talked about how you used to go into a game with 50-60 defensive calls, and now it's down to 20-25. He said the reason is you're using younger players, and CBA has reduced time you can spend with the players. I wonder if this is an adjustment Capers was unable to make.

He said he has no desire to be a HC again. Said he missed the day to day camaraderie and coaching. More administrative responsibilities as a HC. Which means he could be here a while if he does well.

Talked about the 3-4/4-3 distinction being pretty much a thing of the past. Said you want to look multiple to opponents without becoming too complex. Talked about the versatility of Clay Matthews.
And MM talks about the need to play physical and run the ball well and then the game starts.

I hope he means everything he says. But I treat coaches like I treat politicians. I don't much care what their lips say as much as what their actions say.