Thread: Mike Pettine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    So who do they sign to win now? I assumed there was a player on another roster who TT would never sign, but maybe BG would sign that would lead to a championship. You know, Belichickism. But who is that guy(s)?
    in a short-term win-now (while Rodgers is still here 3-5yrs) you sign actual upgrades where you can. Malcolm Butler or Bashaud Breeland at cb perhaps, Tre Boston to take Burnett's place, or Austin Seferian-Jenkins at TE. that's if they keep Jordy, Cobb, Mathews. if they let one of the wrs go they could sign Jarvis Landry. if they let Mathews go they could sign Avery Williamson as an ilb and draft Clays successor. just some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    in a short-term win-now (while Rodgers is still here 3-5yrs) you sign actual upgrades where you can. Malcolm Butler or Bashaud Breeland at cb perhaps, Tre Boston to take Burnett's place, or Austin Seferian-Jenkins at TE. that's if they keep Jordy, Cobb, Mathews. if they let one of the wrs go they could sign Jarvis Landry. if they let Mathews go they could sign Avery Williamson as an ilb and draft Clays successor. just some ideas.
    Jarvis Landry is Cobb with double the targets.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    2 years younger than Cobb and 7 younger than Jordy. will be the same price.

2 years younger than Cobb and 7 younger than Jordy. will be the same price.
    Yeah, but Cobb wasn't worth it unless he was #3. Landry won't be worth it as #2. You have to be one of the best slot guys in an offense with a good #1 and 2.

I love the guy, but he is the quintessential third option, get open and make a catch on third and short guy.

Would much rather have reliable #2 and keep Cobb.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yeah, but Cobb wasn't worth it unless he was #3. Landry won't be worth it as #2. You have to be one of the best slot guys in an offense with a good #1 and 2.

I love the guy, but he is the quintessential third option, get open and make a catch on third and short guy.

Would much rather have reliable #2 and keep Cobb.
    he's had two 100+ catch years in the last 3 (with a 94 catch year in between). that doesn't sound like a 3 to me. i could be wrong. i don't watch mia play.

there are going to be other guys come free besides the ones we know about now.

he's had two 100+ catch years in the last 3 (with a 94 catch year in between). that doesn't sound like a 3 to me. i could be wrong. i don't watch mia play.

there are going to be other guys come free besides the ones we know about now.
    In the last four years he is 102th out of 134 for players with 50 or more catches total in yards per reception at 10.10 per catch. He's quick not fast and would be captain check down in the Packer offense.

Blog Entries
    Is that because he runs much better routes and gets open more frequently ?

Cobb seems to be master of the ad lib though
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Is that because he runs much better routes and gets open more frequently ?

Cobb seems to be master of the ad lib though
    He is small and quick, not tremendously fast. Could he do more with Rodgers?

Maybe. You want to pay $10-14 mil per year to find out?

Blog Entries
    He is small and quick, not tremendously fast. Could he do more with Rodgers?

Maybe. You want to pay $10-14 mil per year to find out?

NO WAY am I paying 10-14 MIL; I don't want Cobb around there either

It's time to funnel some funds toward the defense, draft a WR high, and head back to the big show
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer

It's time to funnel some funds toward the defense, draft a WR high, and head back to the big show
    Yup, we need to hit on high picks so we can have a #1 WR on a rookie contract. Clark has shown promise. Randall actually played pretty well after getting sent off the field this season.

Finally drafting as high as we are this year we have a better chance of getting a star.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yup, we need to hit on high picks so we can have a #1 WR on a rookie contract. Clark has shown promise. Randall actually played pretty well after getting sent off the field this season.

Finally drafting as high as we are this year we have a better chance of getting a star.

I think our #2 is finally high enough to grab a legit WR with huge upside. Hopefully we get an impact Defensive player round one.

I should say that I am not certain that's what he will command, but gary was suggesting that he was going to be at least a#2 somewhere. So without doing actual research, I am going to say a vet as #2 WR on his first FA deal will be making north of $8 mil per year at least.

Blog Entries
    I should say that I am not certain that's what he will command, but gary was suggesting that he was going to be at least a#2 somewhere. So without doing actual research, I am going to say a vet as #2 WR on his first FA deal will be making north of $8 mil per year at least.

I think I'd take Landry for 8MIL/year

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    thanks for putting your cards on the table. Seferian-Jenkins is an interesting idea.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck