Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
Belichickism.

All were free agent acquisitions
So when is Reggie White going to become available in FA again? I mean, the game today is exactly the same as the game in 1996 right? I mean teams that have signed the biggest name FA win superbowls right? Albert Haynesworth, Josh Norman, Aaron Kampman (to jaguars), Julius Peppers (to Bears), Jared Allen, and I could go on, but that is just off the top of my head.

Ron Wolf took advantage of the infancy of FA and the fact that he had a publicly owned team that had a mountain of cash on hand and he bought a super bowl by paying Reggie whatever he wanted. Reggie was the greatest Defensive player of all time (imo). Don't get me wrong, if Khalil Mack or Von Miller become available I'm all for spending some money, but to overpay for AJ bouye...no thanks.

TTs biggest FA mistakes were not resigning some of his own like Casey Hayward and Micah Hyde. Overpaying Clay Mathews to be an elite pass rusher when he never was.

The problem with this team for awhile has been Dom Capers and occasionally mike mccarthy, and often injuries. There is adequate talent on the field to win with. I could on for hours about MM forgetting that running the ball is an option, or him and Dom not realizing Clay mathews could be an elite ILB, but merely above average OLB. Bottom line though is they were successful, but not Patriots successful. I was ready for some change...mainly Capers. Instead I fear we lost a great GM who was smart enough not to give in to the whims of fans. Every fan of every team believes they are ONE player from the superbowl. That is rarely the case.