Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tramon Williams

Tramon Williams

Heard he signed back with GB. I wouldn't mind signing Jordan Matthews, signing Breeland or maybe DRC later, and extending ARod. That would be a pretty good offseason.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Solid move signing Tramon. Played better than House last year. Knows Pettine's defense. I think Gutey will sign one more CB.

that definitely helps the mess at CB

patch. depth. experience. leadership. not a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    yep. baby steps...

Every now and then, a DB comes along who defies time and stays good well into his thirties. I think Tramon has actually improved a little bit the last few years. I assume they didn't pay him much, and I still like to see the Packers sign a star-quality Corner, but this is at least a positive thing, I think. I'd take him over House.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

NFL Network rated him the 5th most efficent CB in 2017. If he can have that type of success again here, it'd be more than a patch.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Solid move. In addition to bolstering the CB position, he will be a good mentor for the youngsters. And : how could you not like a guy that sealed our last Super Bowl win?
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    NFL Network rated him the 5th most efficent CB in 2017. If he can have that type of success again here, it'd be more than a patch.
    Patch strictly by virtue of age.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

yes fair enough. Just need 1 good year
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

I cannot imagine this is going to work out well. But as Tramon got unlucky in his last years with the Pack (shoulder/nerve) maybe they get lucky this time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

James Jones @89JonesNTAF
    REUNITED: Sources tell me CB Tramon Williams @HighRizer22 will be returning to the #Packers on a 2-Year Deal...He played there for 9 years and helped seal the #SBXLV victory...Much needed CB help is on the way @nflnetwork @NFL

James Jones with the scoop again. Packer reporters saying its probably pending a physical yet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    James Jones @89JonesNTAF
    REUNITED: Sources tell me CB Tramon Williams @HighRizer22 will be returning to the #Packers on a 2-Year Deal...He played there for 9 years and helped seal the #SBXLV victory...Much needed CB help is on the way @nflnetwork @NFL

James Jones with the scoop again. Packer reporters saying its probably pending a physical yet.
    good signing
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Well, Terence Newman has played ok for the Vikes as a depth guy, and he's ancient.

Tramon will be a big step up from Randall in terms of a veteran and role model for the others. I don't know if you want him as your starter across from a WR2 however.
    If he's starting at CB in week 6, it better be because of injuries or the other team trotted out 3-4WRs to start the game. If injuries really crush them, I'd trusst him more than Lenzy Pipkins, but maybe he'll make the leap.

Agree wholeheartedly. Definitely a signing done because there are no better options out there. Very, very surprised he got a 2-year contract. At age 35, he doesn't have much left in the tank

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    APB would call this a 'Cheat move - assuming it works out...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Its a move for depth that the Packers desperately need, but to think that the Packers just signed Charles Woodson? I think not. I wonder if the Packers are smart enough to still bolster their defensive backfield after this signing with some early round additions through the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    James Jones with the scoop again. .
    I bet ARod was wishing JJ had shown these soft hands back in 2009-10.

That was a necessary move but it appears like his Agents demand for a 2 Year deal played a part.

It's not enough though and are the Packers considering moving up in the Draft to get the very best CB available?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap/

Cap Space (w/All) $13,646,197

Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $7,639,112

Cap Space (w/Top 51) $17,006,197

$7,639,112 (minus $3,359)) = $4,280.

$ 4,280. (minus the Tramon Williams signing) = Remaining CAP on Friday 23 March 2018.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau