Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pettine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jarvis Landry is Cobb with double the targets.
    Is that because he runs much better routes and gets open more frequently ?

Cobb seems to be master of the ad lib though
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Is that because he runs much better routes and gets open more frequently ?

Cobb seems to be master of the ad lib though
    He is small and quick, not tremendously fast. Could he do more with Rodgers?

Maybe. You want to pay $10-14 mil per year to find out?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He is small and quick, not tremendously fast. Could he do more with Rodgers?

Maybe. You want to pay $10-14 mil per year to find out?

NO WAY am I paying 10-14 MIL; I don't want Cobb around there either

It's time to funnel some funds toward the defense, draft a WR high, and head back to the big show
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer

It's time to funnel some funds toward the defense, draft a WR high, and head back to the big show
    Yup, we need to hit on high picks so we can have a #1 WR on a rookie contract. Clark has shown promise. Randall actually played pretty well after getting sent off the field this season.

Finally drafting as high as we are this year we have a better chance of getting a star.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yup, we need to hit on high picks so we can have a #1 WR on a rookie contract. Clark has shown promise. Randall actually played pretty well after getting sent off the field this season.

Finally drafting as high as we are this year we have a better chance of getting a star.

I think our #2 is finally high enough to grab a legit WR with huge upside. Hopefully we get an impact Defensive player round one.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I think our #2 is finally high enough to grab a legit WR with huge upside. Hopefully we get an impact Defensive player round one.
    I was kinda hoping for the TE from Penn St with our no.2. I could be convinced to take a WR especially if he has Jordy or Jennings potential.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

I should say that I am not certain that's what he will command, but gary was suggesting that he was going to be at least a#2 somewhere. So without doing actual research, I am going to say a vet as #2 WR on his first FA deal will be making north of $8 mil per year at least.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't want any of the TEs I've seen or heard mentioned before the 4th round. Get Jimmy Graham and then draft a high potential sleeper TE on Saturday.

WR should be handled in-house. Cobb for sure should not be paid $12+ million; Jordy shouldn't either. I'd offer Cobb about a third of that - which would probably mean losing him. I'd offer Jordy the same with large incentives - he just might get some speed back and return to form this far out from his injury, but probably not. Between Adams, Allison, Janis, Davis, Clark, and Yancy, we have plenty of talent and variety without wasting a high pick on somebody who ain't a sure thing - and nobody out there this year is that.

If at all possible, sign a top of the line FA Corner - what we have now is literally half a dozen decent #2 Corners. Signing anything less than a star quality player or risking a first round pick again just wouldn't cut it.

A quality pass rusher is the best bet to produce right away as a first round pick. Marcus Davenport looked awfully good. I also like Okoronko or however it's spelled, but maybe not until the 2nd round. I've been saying for a long time, use Clay Matthews mainly as a ILB. Paired with Martinez and occasionally moving back outside would be great and prolong his career. We absolutely should not use the first round pick for an ILB, considering that we have Martinez and how seldom we use 2 ILBs at a time.

The only other position we aren't pretty well set is O Line. I'd like to see 2 or 3 big road grader types drafted maybe 3rd through 6th round - enough of drafting undersized guys.

Why is all this draft stuff in the Pettine thread?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Why is all this draft stuff in the Pettine thread?
    this is Packerrats
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018...ckers-in-2018/

Clay Matthews will almost certainly be back with the Green Bay Packers in 2018.

New defensive coordinator Mike Pettine and new general manager Brian Gutekunst both recently talked about Matthews in a way that strongly suggests he’s in no danger of losing his roster spot in Green Bay.

At his introductory press conference last week, Pettine raved about Matthews’ unique versatility and said he was “looking forward” to working with him in 2018.

The man who will ultimately make the decision was even more clear on Matthews’ future.

“He still plays at a very, very high level. He’s such a versatile player for us, and I think it will be neat to see how Mike (Pettine) and his new staff kind of use him and maybe move him around. So I’m excited to see that,” Gutekunst said, according to Pete Dougherty of PackersNews.com. “Clay has been a good player for a long time. We expect him to be a good player moving forward.”
    Pettine is probably the busiest man in Green Bay right now, figuring out which of the defensive players here are a fit for his defense. To some extent, he has to use what is already here, but his opinions could have a big effect on what Gutey does in free agency and the draft.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    this is Packerrats

And why Packerrats is so cool compared to other sites.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Pettine is probably the busiest man in Green Bay right now, figuring out which of the defensive players here are a fit for his defense. To some extent, he has to use what is already here, but his opinions could have a big effect on what Gutey does in free agency and the draft.
    Easier said than done, and pretty obvious, but the Packers could use more pass rush and a shutdown corner.

“He still plays at a very, very high level. He’s such a versatile player for us, and I think it will be neat to see how Mike (Pettine) and his new staff kind of use him and maybe move him around. So I’m excited to see that,” Gutekunst said, according to Pete Dougherty of PackersNews.com. “Clay has been a good player for a long time. We expect him to be a good player moving forward.”
    Still too early, but I'm starting to like the German Shepherd. Maybe I won't need to ask Mad to change my username to Anti-German Shepherd, after all.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 01-30-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Not necessary, although I would love to see J-Mac in the Green and Gold as GM/Coach.

Look at the Eagles. Upgraded team via free agency. Upgraded team via trades. In the Super Bowl. That's Belichickism.

No reason the German Shepherd can't utilize Belichickism. Gutekunst has the cap space. He has the money. He has the elite QB. He needs to do his fucking job, as Belichick is fond of saying.
    And I will ask AGAIN. Who is it that Gute the great should sign. I want names or its just meaningless bluster. JJ Watt? AJ Green? Give me names.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I don't want any of the TEs I've seen or heard mentioned before the 4th round. Get Jimmy Graham and then draft a high potential sleeper TE on Saturday.
    ?
    I'm anti Jimmy, but since MM seems to forget that running the ball is an option he would probably be a fit.

Not sure that "forget that running the ball is an option" is accurate.

2017 27th in carries, 14th in pass attempts, 21st in total plays, 21st in scoring
    2016 29th in carries, 5th in pass attempts, 8th in total plays, 4th in scoring
    2015 12th in carries, 18th in pass attempts, 9th in total plays, 15th in scoring
    2014 14th in carries, 20th in pass attempts, 24th in total plays, 1st in scoring
    2013 12th in carries, 18th in pass attempts, 11th in total plays, 8th in scoring
    2012 16th in carries, 16th in pass attempts, 9th in total plays, 5th in scoring
    2011 26th in carries, 14th in pass attempts, 28th in total plays, 1st in scoring
    2010 20th in carries, 16th in pass attempts, 20th in total plays, 10th in scoring
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And I will ask AGAIN. Who is it that Gute the great should sign. I want names or its just meaningless bluster. JJ Watt? AJ Green? Give me names.
    packerrats.com/showthread.php?30279-Mike-Pettine&p=964394&viewfull=1#post964394

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post

2017 27th in carries, 14th in pass attempts, 21st in total plays, 21st in scoring
    2015 12th in carries, 18th in pass attempts, 9th in total plays, 15th in scoring
    2014 14th in carries, 20th in pass attempts, 24th in total plays, 1st in scoring
    2013 12th in carries, 18th in pass attempts, 11th in total plays, 8th in scoring
    2011 26th in carries, 14th in pass attempts, 28th in total plays, 1st in scoring
    2010 20th in carries, 16th in pass attempts, 20th in total plays, 10th in scoring
    It's highly accurate. Stubby gets all flustered when the run is working and has to do something stubby like.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

I haven't even looked at FA yet; but I was pounding the table for Conner Barwin last year and he was decent.

As long as you are trying to get some to go on record, are you saying "NO" free agents ?

OR....exactly who do you think they should sign ?

It's easy to punch holes in those who post opinions for those who don't post theirs. Not sainng that's you.....but it's only fair for you to be specific too if that's what you are asking others to do.

I'll definitely have viewed in a few weeks. Too Early now..

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post

Stats and damn stats. Running the ball 17 times straight into the teeth of a defense after ARod staked you to a 4th quarter lead doesn't mean you value the run. Look at all the success we had running when we were forced to with Hundly. Rodgers comes back and I believe we called 11 running plays.

I haven't even looked at FA yet; but I was pounding the table for Conner Barwin last year and he was decent.

As long as you are trying to get some to go on record, are you saying "NO" free agents ?

OR....exactly who do you think they should sign ?

It's easy to punch holes in those who post opinions for those who don't post theirs. Not sainng that's you.....but it's only fair for you to be specific too if that's what you are asking others to do.

I'll definitely have viewed in a few weeks. Too Early now..
    I don't like this years crop to be honest. If I had to pick a name or 2 I would go with Sammy Watkins and Luke Wilson. 2 guys we could get cheap that may excel with ARod.