Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pettine

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Yes but what was Jones' draft rating in 2017?
    I think it was 1.21 jigawatts or something like that.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The Packers have 25 million wrapped up in outside linebackers that offered very little production in 2017. The Packers have to figure out how to get production from Matthews and Perry for this defense to be productive in 2018.

It's nice to expect inside pressure, and with Daniels and Clark the Packers have two horses that can apply pressure from the interior, both can win one on one matchups, but without outside pass rush those guys will be double teamed and nullified. To create pressure it comes from scheme and having the right players that can be productive. At the end of the day it is a chess game because the Packers do not have a dominant pass rusher on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I doubt you will address this because you have failed to respond before, but here is the crux of my argument over your point above.

The draft grades you cite above are:

1. Anonymous (can you tell me who did the scouting and evaluating at NFL.com?)
    2. Contain unwarranted precision. NFL grades are often on an eight point scale. Two decimal points makes it look precise, but its just an average.
    3. An average: And we don't know how many numbers are averaged. The more evaluators, especially if we know their track record, the more reliable this number would be.
    4. On an unknown scale of magnitude. We have no information about how certain a 1.14 grade differential makes in the prospects chances to perform at a high level. Is this the difference between mid first and high second round?
    5. Need. You say that Edmunds was the perfect fit for Pettine. Packers needs were OLB and CB. Explain the better fit here.

While I think about a rebut to your Post above I'll leave you pbmax with this :

A.) http://www.nfl.com/news/author?id=0ap3000000458453

B.)http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rade-up-for-qb

C.) and also this:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-05-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Let's look at this in simple terms or view it and a Triangle:

A triangle where the apexis represented by 'the Target'of the Pass Rush or the opposition's QB. The left and right hand points or the extreme points of the Defensive Base of the Triangle are two EDGE Rushers positioned off the LOS and Left and Right Tackles or more skilled OLman than the Guards.
    Whoa professor, you're moving a bit fast for me. Is this an isosceles, equilateral, or right triangle? Are you sneaking in non-Euclidean geometry where two pass rushers go upfield in exact parallel lines, but still meet at the QB? What if a triangle is the wrong model and a heptagon is correct with the other five points being four defensive backs and an inside LB? What kind of trigonometry will the Packers have to employ when most of their salary cap goes to an over-the-hill Clay Matthews who TOTALLY disrupts the unit circle?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yes, but is the cat dead, alive or both at the same time?

I have high hopes for a Pettine defense.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

A triangle where the apexis represented by 'the Target'of the Pass Rush or the opposition's QB.
    Woody, sometimes I can't tell if you're insane or just trolling. It's awe-inspiring. Don't ever change.

Also, I had to Google apexis. Took me to a World of Warcraft page.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I think the defense will be improved. If nothing else, chewing out players for being sloppy and holding them accountable should help. I think a defense gravitates to a more aggressive personality, and Capers got stale.
    I also like the alleged focus on communication and simplicity. We'll see. The proof will be when the pads (and the lights) go on.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Woody, sometimes I can't tell if you're insane or just trolling. It's awe-inspiring. Don't ever change.

I hated those crystals.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Earlier this year Pettine said, "If the other team knows what defense you're in pre-snap, you're in trouble". That alone suggests that the Packers defense this year will force opposing offenses into tougher decisions than was the case last year.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    If he can just get the defense to above average, it will be a great season. I personally think he'll do better than that.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post

So how is the new campaign going?

EDITED: to remove stupidity
    Last edited by pbmax; 06-05-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    If he can just get the defense to above average, it will be a great season. I personally think he'll do better than that.
    Me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Sinatra has a kind of Ed Grimsley hair thing going there.

You do have an eye for such things, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I doubt you will address this because you have failed to respond before, but here is the crux of my argument over your point above.

The draft grades you cite above are:

1. Anonymous (can you tell me who did the scouting and evaluating at NFL.com?)
    2. Contain unwarranted precision. NFL grades are often on an eight point scale. Two decimal points makes it look precise, but its just an average.
    3. An average: And we don't know how many numbers are averaged. The more evaluators, especially if we know their track record, the more reliable this number would be.
    4. On an unknown scale of magnitude. We have no information about how certain a 1.14 grade differential makes in the prospects chances to perform at a high level. Is this the difference between mid first and high second round?
    5. Need. You say that Edmunds was the perfect fit for Pettine. Packers needs were OLB and CB. Explain the better fit here.
    Careful. Michael Bennett might kick ur ass.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I hated those crystals.
    My Mage is still impaled somewhere on one of them
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

We really are a bunch of geeky, suburban middle schoolers, aren't we?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Earlier this year Pettine said, "If the other team knows what defense you're in pre-snap, you're in trouble". That alone suggests that the Packers defense this year will force opposing offenses into tougher decisions than was the case last year.

At the same time it helps when your defenders know what defense they are in. The offense may know the defense, but you don't have a chance if your corners think you are in cover two and the safeties think you are in 2 read. That happened multiple times last season, and the breakdowns usually led to huge plays against the Packers' defense.