Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
Seriously? 100 of those yards came on contested toss ups. Good for Janis catching them, but that's desperation. In 2005, half the Packer offense at the end of the season went through Tony Fisher and Antonio Chatman because that's all they had other than Driver.

I'd be happy to be wrong about Janis, but he's had a lot of chances - most of it out of our sight in practice - to impress coaches. There's no way Stubby et. al. are holding him back for no good reason.
In the immortal words of the great Allen Iverson, "Practice? We're talkin' bout practice, man. Not a game!"

In my playing days, I used to fake injuries all the time just to sit out practices. That never prevented me from being a shutdown corner. Never stopped me from shutting down Darren Charles in a game.

None of us know how Janis fared in practice, but in games, good things usually happen when Janis is in the game.

McCarthy should've played Janis over that sloth Allison. Barr's monstrous hit didn't end the Packers' season. Allison's fumble did. Odds are, Janis would've caught the rock in that instance and then, via his awesome speed, dashed into the endzone.